Topic: Ferrari 355

Page 3 of 3
Keva
rank 8
Posted:
Sun Jan 18, 2004 8:53 am
quote : #31
profile : pm
i just got this game last night went online with it first of all (silly i know) but its unberlivibley hard for a racing game i think ive gotta get somemore practise in

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Sun Jan 18, 2004 2:22 pm
quote : #32
thanks for mentioning me there man, i am really looking forward to racing with the clan. and yes it is as hard as nailz, you(as in people in general) really need practice, i couldnt qualify on the first track higher than 6th for about 4 hours, that was constant racing the same race over and over, although i did reset it every time i swerved or collided or hit the wall, because i realised if that was happening i wasnt doing it right, go thru the training on every track until you are confident, then race against the computer, its very rewarding.
Posted:
Sun Jan 18, 2004 5:58 pm
quote : #33
WOW UKR! i didn't know you guys met on F355. What days/times do you meet? It'd be great if you cold join our Tu+Th@9pmGMT races!!! I saw BadBLood there, and even set my best Sugo time, but he's got a bad connection i think.

Hey Keva (and EVERYONE) don't worry that you're not good at 355 yet. There's gonna be a Rookie Championship soon, just for new or inexperienced racers. ULTRAPRO is right, it just needs practise and is SOOO rewarding. cya

[UKR]DreamcastUK, am i set up for the site yet? thanks

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Sun Jan 18, 2004 6:12 pm
quote : #34
yeah man when ever i finish a race it doesnt let me see the replay, sometimes after the race it boots me out before my info registers on the screen
Posted:
Sun Jan 18, 2004 6:56 pm
quote : #35
Ah right, you're BadBLood? That's dire your connection is bad. I hope it sorts itself out. Maybe it's your isp? But usually if there's a problem with the isp it means you can't connect at all, so i hope it's just temporary. We need new racers!

I'm glad you were there anyway, cos i set my best Sugo time by 0.8 seconds. So i'll give you a mention in the rankings at hir's page Smile

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Wed Jan 21, 2004 3:57 pm
quote : #36
cool man, i dont know why it doesnt let me, sometimes the whole thing goes fine and the replay button still wont work. maybe theres a minimum of players that have to be in a race to get a replay? i dunno maybe its my pal copy
Posted:
Wed Jan 21, 2004 11:09 pm
quote : #37
The replay should load automatically once it shows "recieved" next to everyones names. The replay button comes up after you've viewed it, in case you want another look.

When you're waiting for everyones data to load, can you see it changing to "recieved" next to the names?????
When you connect, do you see the number changing from "1" as ppl join?????
If it's yes to either of those, it means you're connecting up fine - and there's a good chance you'll get it to work somehow.

Stick with it m8. I'm sure it'll work out for you. Sometimes when i've had problems, i changed Dreamcast or modems/wires and it's worked again. It used to stick on 0 players till i changed stuff.

It'd be great if you can find a way to meet us. good luck!

[UKR]DreamcastUK
unknown
Posted:
Thu Jan 22, 2004 5:25 pm
quote : #38
hello there guys

sorry i am back

yea my guys will meet online and i will promote your F355 matches on our website www.ukrockers.com

also KEVA is a UKR member and hopfuly when I get setup with my pc and everything and UKRockers documents I will add you on the members list and do a trial run for you's

Last edited by [UKR]DreamcastUK on Sun Feb 15, 2004 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Posted:
Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:12 pm
quote : #39
yes i have been in races with 6 other people before, and it has on ocassion cut out before you actually see the times, but mainly i do see received, and nothing happens. dreamcastuk let me know when you want a race
Posted:
Sat Jan 24, 2004 10:44 am
quote : #40
I will most likely be back up and running next week
Posted:
Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:00 pm
quote : #41
hi there, it was my first time racing you guys and playing this game in over 1 month... i got disconnected several times (which sucked cause one of the races had 6 players)

but the timing for hooking up seems odd, cause for some people it takes longer to connect because their replays are longer

hope to see you guys again soon.
Posted:
Wed Jan 28, 2004 5:05 am
quote : #42
Hi Probe_racer

Was that the name you used last night? (i've seen you before @ GF meet)
There were a few new racers on. We had 9 qualify at Suzuka Short, so a full grid of 8 in the race. Brilliant replay!

Yeah, we often get split up because we go again right after the replay. Like you say, different loading times.
But we're maybe gonna go every 20 mins as is F355 tradition. It depends what everyone thinks at usuarios.lycos.es/dreamennia where the regulars post and the results are made. I'll let you know m8
There were at least 11 racers last night (that i saw). It would be great if we could always be in the same races.

Probe_racer
rank 2
Posted:
Sat Feb 14, 2004 8:12 pm
quote : #43
yeah i use that screen name on the game as well, so have you guys debated on teh 20 minutes between races?? i been racing a few times with you guys but get in an out of the timing for all the races.

its fun just to be able to see full grids on the game..

now i have to figure out how to accelerate so freaking fast like most of you guys do
Posted:
Sun Feb 15, 2004 12:44 pm
quote : #44
yeah, we're almost ready to race each 20 mins Smile
Just letting everyone know, so there's no confusion. I'll say when we're ready under the game in the scheduler. Should be soon.

About acelerating fast. Put SC off for the start and floor it JUST before go. Then you need good H-Shifts. See "F355 Meeting Times" thread for HIRO-SHIFT technique. cya