Page 1 of 1
Technofungk
rank 4
Posted:
Thu Feb 19, 2004 4:54 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Howdy folks!

You know, the last time I posted, I basically promised that I would show up around here more often.....and I really meant that (especially to you L.N.)

Sooooo, you guys might be wondering where I've been.....or maybe not Wink

Well just after my last post, my computer decided to totally rebel against me, especially when trying to do anything online (maybe it had something to do with me dissing Matrix movies 2 & 3 in one of my last posts). For some crazy reason, everytime I try to go online, my computer says, "the system has performed an illegal function, and will now shut down". The thing is, I'm also getting the same messege whenever I click the "my Computer" icon, "Recycle Bin", "Control Panel" or any other system-standard function.

Despite this, I can still run all installed programs, play any installed games, etc.

Any ideas on what's going on? Any suggestions on how to fix it......anyone....please?

Reason #2 as to why I haven't been around....

The flu bug got me!

Yep. After watching most of my friends and family suffer with severe colds and flu earlier this winter, and successfully managing to avoid it myself, it finally got me. Let me tell 'ya....it's been NASTY. Sniffling......coughing.......hacking.......sweating.......BLOWING. Without a doubt, the flu doesn't suck, it blows.....LITERALLY! Confused

Fortunately, I'm feeling much better. Hopefully, I'll be back to 100% very soon.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you guys know what's been happening.

By the way, in case you're wondering, I'm typing this from my local neighborhood library!
(No, I'm not coughing or anything) Cool

Technofungk

Posted Thu Feb 19, 2004 6:01 pm:

You know, I just realized something.....

Immediately after I submitted this thread, I realized that it's in the wrong area. I meant to post this in the "Offtopic Discussions" section. My bad.

L.N., please accept my most humble apologies. Rolling Eyes

Technofungk
Posted:
Thu Feb 19, 2004 5:03 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Sounds like an RPC error. Just run Windows Update if you have XP and you should download a patch that'll fix it.

-Mytho

Technofungk
rank 4
Posted:
Thu Feb 19, 2004 5:21 pm
quote : #3
Thanx for the suggestion Mythos.

The thing is, I'm still running Windows 98 (SE).

Will your suggestion still work?

Technofungk
Posted:
Thu Feb 19, 2004 5:49 pm
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
No problem.

Try the Microsoft site and look up RPC error.

-Mytho

Technofungk
rank 4
Posted:
Thu Feb 19, 2004 5:51 pm
quote : #5
Thanx Mytho!

I'll get right on it and let you know what happens!

Technofungk