1, 2  Next
Zeiram_Wing
rank 7
Posted:
Fri Aug 22, 2003 8:24 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U
I was looking at one of my old dreamcast magazines, and they showed a whole lot of games that got scrapped because of the dreamcasts "death" and i was curious as to what all of you were looking forward to, but didn't come out. for me it would have to be...

1- Half-life: looking soo good on the DC, and from what i hear it was practically ready to ship when they canned it... man i wanted this game...
2- Propeller Arena: I'm not sure how many people heard of this game, but it was looking so good. it was being made by AM2, and it was a fast, online, arcade style flying game. think outtrigger in the sky. i love flying games, so i was dying for this... but it got canned at the last second... but from what AM2 said, it could possibly come to another system... but probably x-box...
3- Geist Force: this game was looking way better than anything on ps2, but it just sorta faded away...
4- Jump Runner: was going to be a futuristic gang based mmorpg... but never saw the light of day.
5- Sega MMORPG: Sega partnered with some company and was going to make a persistant online RPG. the game was only in development, but it sounded nice.

Lunar Eclipse
rank 9
Posted:
Fri Aug 22, 2003 3:23 pm
quote : #2
They were also supposed to make Monkey Ball for the DC, but that turned into Super Monkey Ball for the Cube.
Posted:
Sat Aug 23, 2003 8:44 pm
quote : #3
I forgot wich site i got this info from but I think max pane was suppose to be also on DC, but since the game never released on DC they improved it even more, but leme tell ya the max pane for the rest of the consoles compared to DC, he looks horrible, hes looks more like McClaim from the die hard series then the max pane we know today, hes bald headed like McClaim, he only has a white shirt ((no trench coat or nothing like that)) and some pants ect, look ed more like a crazed hillbilly running around in the streets of new york then a vigilante police officer looking for revenge if I find the site ill post it up for ya, just for laughs
Posted:
Sun Aug 24, 2003 6:29 am
quote : #4
Yeah the game would have been called:
"King of the Payne"
Yeah I can just invision Max Payne looking like a postal Hank Hill. "Just you stop it right there mister!!" "Dammit Bobby put those Ingrams down!!" "Peggy where's my propane!!" "No Dale you can't use my sniper rifle when you go to Washington!!"
Posted:
Sun Aug 24, 2003 12:55 pm
quote : #5
I just saw a Max Payne in my local EB.. sealed.

Stewy01
rank 9
Posted:
Mon Aug 25, 2003 6:19 am
quote : #6
Um, Half-Life was made. This is a very rare game for the DC. There weren't a lot of copies of this game. I have 2 other friends online who claim to have this for DC. Oh, and Castlevania and Shenmue 2 (US) were gonna be made but got chuncked out. I have a magazine article in one of my EGM's that gives a whole lot of chucked out ideas. I'll try to dig it up.
Posted:
Mon Aug 25, 2003 11:31 am
quote : #7
Half-Life was never released. Only the Prima stratagy guides were released days before, but Sega finally cancelled the game.

Sc4rfac3
rank 3
Posted:
Mon Aug 25, 2003 2:48 pm
quote : #8
yeah i was never released but this site called oldergames.com had it they were going to release it but it got leaked to the internet and people started downloadin it.

Sc4rfac3
rank 3
Posted:
Mon Aug 25, 2003 2:49 pm
quote : #9
Rumor has it that oldergames has propeller arena too

aflyingcow
rank 15
Posted:
Mon Aug 25, 2003 6:48 pm
quote : #10
That rumor is wrong. I emailed them asking about the game, and they said they have nothing to do with it. They even stopped releasing games for the DC altogether. But, many people played the game at the Retro Games Festival in Las Vegas, so theres a chance it will be rereleased later.

Sc4rfac3
rank 3
Posted:
Mon Aug 25, 2003 7:57 pm
quote : #11
they had it there not releasin it though maybe someone else will

Nico0020
rank 11
Posted:
Tue Aug 26, 2003 2:40 pm
quote : #12
Type: NTSC-U
heh halflife is great. I got my copy for dc off the net a couple of months ago. its around just look for it in file sharing programs and IRC.

twistedidiot
rank 7
Posted:
Tue Aug 26, 2003 3:33 pm
quote : #13
Max Payne was also cancelled so that sealed copy at the EB store is an obvious bootleg. Or what you might have seen was a ps2 copy that was mislabled.

Half-life was never officially realeased. Any claims to "I saw it on EBay" or "My friend in Canada has one!" Can be interpreted as "I saw a burnt bootleg on ebay" and "My friend in Canada figured out how to use Nero."
Posted:
Wed Aug 27, 2003 9:28 am
quote : #14
Yes, my mistake.
I saw Max Steel, not Max Payne.

Sc4rfac3
rank 3
Posted:
Thu Aug 28, 2003 6:01 am
quote : #15
interestin fact propellerarena was not cancelled because the dreamcast death but because 9/11. they had a stage in there that was full of skyscrapers.