Topic: PSO and Vibration Pack

Page 1 of 1
M1Savage
rank 12
Posted:
Tue Feb 24, 2004 12:46 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I've got both Sega and MadCatz vibration packs but neither one seem to do anything with my PAL V.1 PSO. Yes I turned vibe pack to "on" in options but still nothing. Smile

Anyone else using the vibe pack with PSO and does it work? Thanks.

Stan64
rank 3
Posted:
Tue Feb 24, 2004 12:48 pm
quote : #2
The rumble function is badly supported, it's bad even on the gc version. It rumbles on certain bosses. Mostly at Dragon. =)
Posted:
Tue Feb 24, 2004 1:37 pm
quote : #3
True; it doesn't vibrate on everything.

I find that it only vibrates at certain places (like the Forest boss arena when the Dragon is underground) and when you get hit really hard. I find that any hit that puts your HP meter near zero will make it vibrate.

So yes, it is working just fine for me with my PSO v1 (PAL), but I also find that there are relatively few situations that cause it to vibrate.

It's still worth it, though; I always play with the vibe pack in. It definitely adds to the game (if you're playing without one, consider picking one up, since they're pretty cheap on eBay or even regular online retailers).

M1Savage
rank 12
Posted:
Tue Feb 24, 2004 2:07 pm
quote : #4
Guess I gave up on mine too soon! I just assumed even getting hit by any enemy would make it at least do something. I'll put it back in and leave it this time. Thanks!

DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Tue Feb 24, 2004 2:14 pm
quote : #5
M1Savage wrote:
Guess I gave up on mine too soon! I just assumed even getting hit by any enemy would make it at least do something. I'll put it back in and leave it this time. Thanks!

Not all games do that ... too bad they didn't just use softer vibrate for smaller hits and bigger ones for death blows or ones close to it ... kinda like Hydro Thunder which has a menu to change how power full the shock will be (very cool)

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Tue Feb 24, 2004 2:51 pm
quote : #6
yeah like he said it does work fine, i dont even think your health has to go red, if you get knocked down it rumbles for me to, that and i think when you fight de rol le as he flies over head i think it rumbles then
Posted:
Tue Feb 24, 2004 3:05 pm
quote : #7
I always thought the Dreamcast rumble pak had a good "feel" to it compared to some other consoles. Makes the controller feel more substantial too.

Sanji
rank 5
Posted:
Tue Mar 02, 2004 4:42 am
quote : #8
Dont forget REZ!
This game really have great Vibration!
rank 23
Posted:
Wed Mar 03, 2004 12:53 pm
quote : #9
Sanji wrote:
Dont forget REZ!
This game really have great Vibration!

Yes it definitely does, but as far as PSO goes, it's still a great addition.

M1Savage wrote:
I always thought the Dreamcast rumble pak had a good "feel" to it compared to some other consoles. Makes the controller feel more substantial too.

And I completely agree. I leave my Jump Pack in all the time, even with games that don't support it. It gives the controller a good "heft" that I've come to appreciate.

It really does feel nicer in your hands with the pack inserted.

ultrapro wrote:
yeah like he said it does work fine, i dont even think your health has to go red, if you get knocked down it rumbles for me to, that and i think when you fight de rol le as he flies over head i think it rumbles then

And yeah, I think that's the trick. It has to be a special event (like a boss doing something) or you have to get knocked down.
M1Savage
rank 12
Posted:
Wed Mar 03, 2004 1:40 pm
quote : #10
update- I've had the pak in and it does work just like you guys say. It's nice duing the boss fights. Adds to that feeling of impending doom! Smile