Page Location: Home > Archive - General > Topic
1, 2  Next
marioman
rank 7
Posted:
Fri Aug 29, 2003 4:25 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
I just got hooked up online went on chu chu rocket, but no one was online.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Fri Aug 29, 2003 8:07 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Yea we just played Chu Chu Rocket on monday infact. I think every game except Quake3 or PSO will be empty unless you find someone or post on the schedule or happen to stumble upon some people playing.

The key is the game schedule, and coordinating games with community members. You might post a game at a certain time and only 1 person might show up, or 4, or 6. Like 6 people were on Chu Chu on monday. A few had to leave but me and DaMan got some heated action going(boy those cats drive me nuts, specially cat attack arggggg. lolol.)
Posted:
Fri Aug 29, 2003 3:04 pm
quote : #3
okay cool, ill proply add a game to the calnder.

Chris5687
unknown
Posted:
Thu Sep 11, 2003 8:56 am
quote : #4
Me and a friend still play, though not as often now, school get it the way!

Anyways, I'll PM you when we play and I'll try to put it on the schuler.

idrepublix
banned!
Posted:
Thu Oct 02, 2003 12:28 am
quote : #5
Chris and a friend of his and I had a nice game the other day....as of right now ChuChgu hasnt suffered the same fate as PSO did today ( I was there when the PSO server died around 7.14 pdt - long live PSO s memory - I recorded the final minute as well : ( ) so please guys, lets get soeme CHUCHU action in. Chris and I are playing tomorrow at 6.00 PDT. Please join us guys. As sad as PSOS passin gis it does exist on other consoles, whereas ChuChu's death will be with the death of the DC servers.

BTW, doe snayone know where I cna get a copy of th eleaked PBA bowling game?
Posted:
Fri Oct 24, 2003 9:25 pm
quote : #6
I'd just like to let you all know that I'm into ChuChu Rocket too, and hopefully I'll see some of you at one of these meetings. I'll be checking the Game Schedule, and maybe I'll even put up a meeting myself.

More to the point of the thread title, I haven't really stopped playing ChuChu Rocket, but I kind of thought that the servers were shut down with everything else. I finally got myself together (and found these forums) so hopefully I'll be meeting up online to play soon. I tried just now at 8pm PST, an hour past DRBagabundo's 10pm EST (7pm PST) meeting, but sadly no one else was still there. Such is life.

On a more positive note, I just gave a Dreamcast (black sports edition) to a friend of mine as part of his wedding present, and of course a copy of ChuChu Rocket was included. He and his professional-school friends have taken a liking to these silly cats and mice, so we may have ourselves another household that'll join us from time to time. (He lives in a different city from me, so I can probably talk him into connecting to play me at least.)

I look forward to seeing you all online.

DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Fri Oct 24, 2003 11:05 pm
quote : #7
im into chu chu too, im going to set u weekly meets at the same time in the next month or so, the info will be located on a new section on my site.

aflyingcow
rank 15
Posted:
Sat Oct 25, 2003 8:37 am
quote : #8
Dreamcast Magic, Nikon has put a Game Scheduler on the site....

DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Sat Oct 25, 2003 9:26 am
quote : #9
i know, im talking about weekly events at the same time.... umm forget it lord is getting all mad about me linking to my site and crap and posting about it. ill just post whats new on my site in my sig. and link directly to it. You'll just have to wait and see what im talking about when im done.

martianviking
rank 23
Posted:
Sat Oct 25, 2003 12:39 pm
quote : #10
Hey, I'm all for getting more people connected with each other playing ChuChu online, and I'm sure lord is behind that too. It's probably just the methods.

Right? I understand that he might be a little contrary to you coming in and trying to supercede his Game Schedule, but that really makes sense. I mean, if you're putting up a "competing" service, it does make sense to keep it in your signature and PMs.

But I do definitely agree that a weekly meeting would help things (as opposed to the current haphazard scheduling). If we all knew that there would be at least a couple of other people online every Wednesday night at 9 (for example), it would be easier. Make it like a TV show and make it predictable.

So can we start some voting on the night/time that would be the best for most of us? I'm going to stick with the Wednesdays at 9 thing, but that's just a suggestion. I'll give this thread a few days and then just start scheduling.

Sound reasonable?

DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Sat Oct 25, 2003 12:49 pm
quote : #11
sure, but it will have to wait exam week starts on monday.

Michael
rank 7
Posted:
Sat Oct 25, 2003 2:59 pm
quote : #12
i get online chu chu rocket alot, but the servers are always empty, besides I got some super hard maps for you guys
Posted:
Sat Oct 25, 2003 5:11 pm
quote : #13
DreamcastMagic wrote:
sure, but it will have to wait exam week starts on monday.

No worries. If I have to show up and hang out by myself on some Wednesdays (like I did today) then I won't be entirely heartbroken.

Not like I'd be the first person hanging out on the ChuChu servers by themself, hoping someone else logs on. Rolling Eyes

Am I right?

DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Sat Oct 25, 2003 5:41 pm
quote : #14
I have done that before lol

OrochiSonic
rank 8
Posted:
Sun Oct 26, 2003 4:27 pm
quote : #15
I play online. Or rather I will. I just hooked my dc up to the internet a few days ago, (with plenty help from this site!) and I can't wait to play chu chu. I hear on gamefaqs that there's gonna be some chu chu action tonight at 8:00 pm eastern standard time. Do I'll try to be there. Smile