Topic: F355 display name

Page 1 of 2
NiktheGreek
rank 6
Posted:
Fri Mar 05, 2004 2:37 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Okay, I'm not a n00b to Dreamcast, but I am to F355 online, with a total of three network races under my belt. However, I need to know how to set my name, because being "NO NAME" sucks. Any help?

Also, when joining an arranged network race, do I hit network race at 9PM GMT, or attempt to be already connected by then?

By the way, if "HI HELGA" (UK) or "DREAMER >AL" (Italy) are here, that was me you raced on Suzuka Short or Monza.
Posted:
Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:42 am
quote : #2
go into the options menu and in game options you can edit your name and country, then go into car settings and you can change its colour and name, be sure to load it all before going on or it'll be old no name again for you!
Posted:
Sat Mar 06, 2004 1:31 pm
quote : #3
hi Nik

Great to see another Rookie on F355. There's been a few new racers joining us on Tuesday+Thursday@9:00pm GMT. We race every 20 mins.

You should aim to be connected and waiting at the skill level select screen (the second screen) at 8:59/9:19....etc. When it hits 9:00:00pm (and every 20 mins after) choose AT or SA gears and you'll join the entries from other online racers.

You must get the exact time on your clock. This is the downfall of a lot of players. It's because the game Auto-Starts when no-one else has joined after 20 seconds. We've been getting full grids of 8. Amazing replays.

Cya on the track on Tuesday@9:00pm i hope.

Race reports are made by Lonewolf10 at usuarios.lycos.es/dreamennia/board

BrockStrongo
rank 11
Posted:
Sun Mar 07, 2004 12:49 pm
quote : #4
ill also be there on tuesday at 9pm GMT, another noob to race against i am.

F355 and Starlancer reports Smile
jools
rank 8
Posted:
Sun Mar 07, 2004 7:39 pm
quote : #5
Great. And you should have at least 1 fellow Rookie in Tao to race against. I hope some of the other OC racers can start making it. The Italian OC racers have been there recently Smile (Dreamer and Ganjaborg).

TheMytho
rank 28
Posted:
Sun Mar 07, 2004 7:55 pm
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U/C
I'd also like to race, but it all depends on the parental units...... Wink

-Mytho

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:26 pm
quote : #7
hey jools what track do the rookies you speak of race on? surely not the same one as you pro players?
Posted:
Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:18 pm
quote : #8
Yeah it's the same tracks Smile

Motegi, Suzuka Short, Monza, Sugo, Suzuka, long Beach. You get the feel of them pretty quick with a bit of offline practise.
Once the new racers get the connection timing right, there will be a 'B' race for Rookies. That is, only the top 8 qualifyers make the A race. So the others just connect again straight away, usually it'll be the new players or accident casulties! This works really well at the Championships where there's always too many for the race.

hey TheMytho. Hope you get it sorted so you can rae Tu+Th@9:00:00pmGMT. We need new drivers. cya soon i hope.

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:52 pm
quote : #9
so which track do we start on? monza?
Posted:
Tue Mar 09, 2004 6:25 pm
quote : #10
I thought it would be good to start at Monza so the larger gaps (about 8 mins) after Motegi + Suzuka Short are at the end of the night. That way anyone wanting away early (a few ppl mentioned this) can go right after the Motegi replay and chop 10 mins off the nights racing.

But it's been working well starting at Motegi Smile So i think we can just leave it. There were full grids of 8 cars in every race except 1, where there were still 7 drivers. It would have been a great night for you UP cos there were 4 or 5 Rookies on. They had the 20 minute racing sussed, so they should be there on Thursday too.

Some stunning replays tonight. Long Beach was won by 0.003 seconds! You can't even see that gap.

cya Thursday@9:00:00pmGMT. Races each :20.

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Wed Mar 10, 2004 1:37 pm
quote : #11
well i did join the first race but for some reason i got a trial lap on motegi not monza and i came 9th so i was kicked of, after that i couldnt be assed cos i'dve been kicked of every race
Posted:
Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:58 pm
quote : #12
awww m8, i wish you'd stayed on. You wouldn't have missed the race every time. There were other new racers on, and i deliberately missed Monza qualifying so everyone got in.
9 is such an awkward number to join. We need you there cos if there's 10+ racers there will be a B race. The players who miss the A race just connect up again straight away. There's gonna be more new folk on soon too. Join tonight (Thu) and if there's 9 ppl i'll drop out.

Probe_racer
rank 2
Posted:
Sat Mar 13, 2004 11:17 am
quote : #13
hello guys no need to drop !! i will begin offically running again every tuesday since i dont have work that day anymore just school in the afternoon.
Posted:
Sat Mar 13, 2004 12:37 pm
quote : #14
That's great Probe_racer Smile not seen you racing online for a while.

On Thursday we had 10 and 11 racers going for 8 qualifying spots at most of the tracks. There were plenty of Rookies on too. And i know the ppl that didn't qualify met up straight away for the B race Very Happy

I'm sending a f355 guide to ppl at....

usuarios.lycos.es/dreamennia/board

Please note there is no gap in dreamennia. It just appears everytime i post. (a worm hole?)

i think you're registered there? i'm sending it in PM's so i just have to type each part once and save it, then send to everyone.
Next time you're there (or anyone here) drop in and say hi to the regulars at the F355 thread that's under "Online Gaming on S.O.E." and i'll PM you the guide.

cya Tuesday.

BrockStrongo
rank 11
Posted:
Sun Mar 14, 2004 9:44 am
quote : #15
AAH Jools = Jmc?

F355 and Starlancer reports Smile