Page 1 of 1
TheMytho
rank 28
Posted:
Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:55 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I fixed the hosting problem, but I cannot get the forum to display the images, so just visit my site: http://www.geocities.com/mytho_z/

It's not the most organized thing in history, but it'll suffice for now.

-Mytho

Last edited by TheMytho on Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:11 pm; edited 11 times in total

Link00seven
rank 7
Posted:
Sat Mar 06, 2004 9:57 pm
quote : #2
That's quite interesting ^_^

frokid879
rank 21
Posted:
Sun Mar 07, 2004 11:18 am
quote : #3
taht rappy thing is really weird. how the hell would they go from putting that on that body to the fat ball it is on now?

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Sun Mar 07, 2004 5:22 pm
quote : #4
psycho concept artists if you ask me, some of that was fascinating tho, are the old phantasy stars any good? i dont normally like the mega drive rpgs cos you cant save and shit and can i get them in pal format?
Posted:
Sun Mar 07, 2004 6:27 pm
quote : #5
I see you visited the Sonic Cult: Off Topic page. Please be warned, the site owner hates hotlinkers and often replaces hotlinked images with disgusting ones.

However, it's a pretty cool resource - what we're working towards is charting pretty much all the scrapped, altered and messed-up stuff we can before it disappears. I particularly like the first forest image, heh. I did the Smackdown 2 page on SC:OT, by the by, and made a Propeller Arena one (that isn't up yet, sadly).
Posted:
Sun Mar 07, 2004 7:32 pm
quote : #6
NiktheGreek wrote:
I see you visited the Sonic Cult: Off Topic page. Please be warned, the site owner hates hotlinkers and often replaces hotlinked images with disgusting ones.

I don't see the harm in it. It's not like you have to pay to view these images. Once you put these images on a public site, then I'm sorry, but you have to be prepared for people to use them for themselfs. And the creator said this....

Q: You take quite a bit of material from other sites, don't you find that disrespectful?
A: Yep. Do I care? Nope. If you don't want your material on other people's sites, don't post it. The only thing I don't agree with stealing is entire pages word for word. Information is free people, either find a way to protect your stuff, or don't post it.

I don't have a beef with you, Nik.

Moving back on-topic: I really dig the old city designs. Also note, on the picture with the beat time displayed, there were more than four characters. Perhaps PSO was originally a MMORPG or supported more than four players at one time?

-Mytho

Tao
rank 15
Posted:
Sun Mar 07, 2004 7:37 pm
quote : #7
TheMytho wrote:

Moving back on-topic: I really dig the old city designs. Also note, on the picture with the beat time displayed, there were more than four characters. Perhaps PSO was originally a MMORPG or supported more than four players at one time?

-Mytho

Perhaps some of those players are NPCs...? A MMORPG PSO would be quite interesting. In fact, Sega was creating an MMORPG, that unfortunately never was released. It was called Farnation; and it looked pretty bad ass. It's a damn shame it didn't get released--it was cancelled for both Dreamcast AND Xbox.

Nice screens though, Mytho. I really like Searren and some of the early character designs...
Posted:
Sun Mar 07, 2004 7:37 pm
quote : #8
The city really should have been expanded I always felt it feel short of what I though it should be but still cool... more characters was removed maybe due to lag and frame rate issue's more likely.

TheMytho
rank 28
Posted:
Sun Mar 07, 2004 7:49 pm
quote : #9
DreamcastMagic wrote:
The city really should have been expanded I always felt it feel short of what I though it should be but still cool... more characters was removed maybe due to lag and frame rate issue's more likely.

I showed my friend those pictures and he was thinking that perhaps at one time, you could take shuttles into different parts of the city and that when you came online, you spawned in one section of P2. But, as Magic said, this probably killed the DC, having to handle all the processes associated with handling data across a large area. But I really don't see GameCube or XBOX having these problems if a new PSO-esque game came out.

-Mytho

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:23 pm
quote : #10
all that is, about pioneer 2, is that they were probably gonna have that instead of the lobbies, you know everyone meets on pioneer 2 and then you all investigate the story, remember the original trailer said that the story would have to be solved by team play and talking to each other and sharing info, well my trailer on a dreamon disk talks about all that and in that demo the pics u posted of the old pioneer were what u see and stuff like moving things together to get thru doors, not just killing and unlocking doors, it was originally intended to be a much more online orientated story, still i am just guessing judging on what i read in the mags available over here (uk) and the demo i saw.
Posted:
Mon Mar 08, 2004 3:16 pm
quote : #11
yeah I hav the same video (got me so excited wen i first got DC)
I agree it kinda looked like it would be more of a story based adventure wher u hav to co op to get info and stuff.
Posted:
Mon Mar 08, 2004 3:28 pm
quote : #12
I wish Sonic Team kept the work done on the Beta instead of scrapping it for the model we have now. It was probably due to technological limitations of all that data flying around and now we have small games, and a vastly unintresting city. The game is still fun, however. Very Happy

-Mytho

NiktheGreek
rank 6
Posted:
Mon Mar 08, 2004 5:50 pm
quote : #13
TheMytho wrote:
NiktheGreek wrote:

I don't see the harm in it. It's not like you have to pay to view these images. Once you put these images on a public site, then I'm sorry, but you have to be prepared for people to use them for themselfs. And the creator said this....

Q: You take quite a bit of material from other sites, don't you find that disrespectful?
A: Yep. Do I care? Nope. If you don't want your material on other people's sites, don't post it. The only thing I don't agree with stealing is entire pages word for word. Information is free people, either find a way to protect your stuff, or don't post it.

I don't have a beef with you, Nik.

No worries, I understand there's no problem between us, I'm just giving some warning. It's just that the site owner doesn't like people hotlinking, because of bandwidth concerns - saving the images and using them off your own hosting doesn't bother him in the slightest.
Posted:
Thu Mar 11, 2004 2:00 am
quote : #14
Quote:

You may not have to, but the people who pay bandwith for the server do. Luckily, I am prepared, and made a nice set of dead images for you. Happy hunting.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:05 am
quote : #15
Yea hot linking isn't kool. It rapes other peoples bandwidth. Some people spend like 5 bux a month on a hosting account and don't have all the bandwidth in the world to spare. When people hotlink their images to a forum or other site. All that traffic at the other website just eats away at their bandwidth. Especially if its a forum, then ever read or page view slowly munches on the bandwidth that the original hoster has for HIS website.

However in the end the hoster really can't do anything more than, adding an htaccess redirect so that the images cannot be hotlinked to other websites. This is the only real solution.