Topic: Runtime Error!

Page 1 of 1
2kool4skool
rank 4
Posted:
Fri Mar 19, 2004 5:52 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
recently i downloaded doomdc from dcemulation.com. i unzipped the files and all seemed fine until i clicked on the doomdc.cdi Discjuggler cd/dvd image file. i click on it and discjuggler opens up fine and ive got my blank disc in the drive but then all of a sudden this pops up:
runtime error!

Program: C:/Program Files/Padus/Discjuggler/Cdj.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.Please contact the applications support team for more information.

i have not one single clue as to what that means, lol. i have contacted the support team and recieved "ta-da!" ...no support at all. they dont respond to me. so, im hoping some of you have maybe ran into the same problem and know whats going on. if so please help me out...all i wanna do is play some doom,lol. thanks.

Chris5687
unknown
Posted:
Fri Mar 19, 2004 9:35 pm
quote : #2
Try opening Diskjuggler manually. Don't click on the doomdc.cdi icon. Either go fromt he Start Menu or go to the Padud folder in the Programs Folder folder. Probably won't solve anything, but i suppose it's worth a try.

Try reinstalling.

And if you have not restarted your computer since you installed this, do it.

That's the best i can help... sorry i can;t reallygive you a straight answer.

2kool4skool
rank 4
Posted:
Sat Mar 20, 2004 7:51 pm
quote : #3
hey, thanks for respoding and tryin to help. i had restarted since installing discjuggler so that wasnt it and i just tried opeing discjuggler and manually putting the doom file in, but every single time that file goes into discjuggler it gives me that stupid error message!!!! its driving me crazky! so it aint that, but thanks for the help though. maybe someone else has encountered this and could help me a little more. oh and btw still no support from the "support team". haha. oh well, ive given up on them, my last hope is you guys. well actually you all are my first place i turn to, but you know what i mean, lol....now im rambling.....sorry. lol.

asha
unknown
Posted:
Thu Apr 15, 2004 6:34 pm
quote : #4
I get the same problem try puting the unziped file into a folder on your desktop (i have a "DC Stuff" folder) and then open Disk Juggler then click "Burn CD and DVD images" then click the box with the paper with the cd on it under "source" then from the "Browse" box that pops up press the "Desktop" button then open the folder with the Unziped file in it and then click that and it will come up in Disk Juggler with out the "run time error" box poping up. sorted!

If anyone whants to put this FAQ up on their site or anything be my guest but just put a "thanks to the great and very sexy *in a non-gay way that is!* asha for this very very good FAQ" msg under it Very Happy