Topic: Finally picked up F355

Page 1 of 2
martianviking
rank 23
Posted:
Sat Mar 27, 2004 2:15 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Yep, I finally took the plunge. I figured I could spare $12.99 to get online with you folks. I went ahead and picked up King of Fighters Evolution (the real KoF '99) and Alien Front Online w/ microphone also (so I can finally try out Seaman). Oh, and a couple of new controllers for my SNES. It was a good shopping trip. Mr. Green

Now I just have to practice a little before trying to race you all.
DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Sat Mar 27, 2004 2:33 pm
quote : #2
got some nice games!

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Mon Mar 29, 2004 3:10 pm
quote : #3
anyone played seaman? is it worth getting? does it come with the mic or can i get a copy cheap without one and use my afo mic instead?
Posted:
Mon Mar 29, 2004 3:36 pm
quote : #4
I'm trying Seaman with my AFO mike, and it seems to be working. I haven't raised a Seaman up old enough to talk yet, but it seems to respond to some stuff. We shall see. Very, very strange game, by the way. When I first turned it on the complete lack of menus and graphics made me think it was malfunctioning. But no, it's just very simple (and you need to turn on the light).

KoF is fun, I'm definitely having some fun with that.

As for F355, this game is pretty hard. I'm just starting to be able to drive somewhat competently, but I'm quite sure I'll get whupped in my first online match. That's okay, of course, but I just want everyone to be prepared for the sorry competition I'm going to give them.

I do like the controls. Ever since I first saw a controller with dual analog triggers (as with Dreamcast, GameCube, and Xbox) I thought that they should make racing games that use the right trigger for accellerator and left for brake, both fully analog. I like it.
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Mar 29, 2004 7:36 pm
quote : #5
Type: NTSC-U/C
martianviking wrote:
...As for F355, this game is pretty hard. I'm just starting to be able to drive somewhat competently, but I'm quite sure I'll get whupped in my first online match. That's okay, of course, but I just want everyone to be prepared for the sorry competition I'm going to give them.

It's ok you can play me. I am horrible Very Happy I still have to use the Intelligent Braking System or whatever it is. The game is the ultimate simulation racing game. Some say its better than the gran turismo series. So it is a really well done game. I personally love playing it. Even though it's online functions are awkward, in the end...I just have fun with it. Showing the rankings and watching the replay after. It's really cool actually.

martianviking wrote:
...I do like the controls. Ever since I first saw a controller with dual analog triggers (as with Dreamcast, GameCube, and Xbox) I thought that they should make racing games that use the right trigger for accellerator and left for brake, both fully analog. I like it.

For a lot of different games, i hate the DC controller, but for some gamestyles, the DC controller is awsome for. And one of those is Racing Games. The triggers on the DC controller are perfect for racing games.
Posted:
Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:57 am
quote : #6
martianviking wrote:

KoF is fun, I'm definitely having some fun with that.

Check out KoF98, Fatal Fury: Mark of the Wolves and Last Blade 2. All are top-notch fighting games, especially Fatal Fury. The animation is on-par with Street Fighter 3. The game really gives you this 'hard-hitting' feel that very few fighters have.

-Mytho

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Tue Mar 30, 2004 3:38 pm
quote : #7
kof 2002 looks excellent, i use kim quite alot and the animation on his trousers is awesome it looks like material, i love the kofs but cant be sure if they are better than sfa2, nah, garou is nice but the kof games come across a bit pale, or rather, grittier than the capcom games, less vibrant. could be just me tho
Posted:
Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:48 pm
quote : #8
thats why it has so many racing games
Posted:
Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:05 am
quote : #9
The d-pad sucks on DC. The Saturn pad was the best for 2D fighters, hence why so many are on that console.

-Mytho

martianviking
rank 23
Posted:
Wed Mar 31, 2004 4:05 am
quote : #10
TheMytho wrote:
The d-pad sucks on DC. The Saturn pad was the best for 2D fighters, hence why so many are on that console.

-Mytho

I completely agree (that and the fact that the Saturn was so strong with 2D). But there are lots of great fighters for Dreamcast, and you can get a Saturn to Dreamcast controller converter...

Then again, that's not going to give you those beautiful analog triggers for F355. Very Happy
BrockStrongo
rank 11
Posted:
Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:17 am
quote : #11
hye MV, are you gonna be able to join us on the Tuesday+Thursday races? 9pm GMT +1 uk time. going every 20 mins on the dot

also on Fridays there is a race at 8pm GMT +1 uktime, going straight after the replays. not as many people race here, (about3 or 4 normally) so you will qualify everytime Smile

hopefully see a couple of new racers tomorow Cool

F355 and Starlancer reports Smile
martianviking
rank 23
Posted:
Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:00 am
quote : #12
Ah yes, the regularly scheduled Tuesday/Thursday races. It is unfortunate, but 9:00 pm in the UK works out to 1:00 pm on the western coastline of the United States. I tend to be at work on Tuesdays and Thursdays about that time. I'll admit that I've considered the possibility of bringing a Dreamcast to work and camping out in a dark corner somewhere, but the reality is that it's just a bit too complex (not to mention an overall bad idea).

So yeah, I doubt I'll be able to make those gametimes. Probably not ever. Noon on Fridays isn't much better. Hopefully there will be a weekend match one of these days, but until then, I'll probably be spending most of my F355 time offline.

And I'm still really bad at it, so you all aren't missing much in the way of competition.
Dark Slayer 5000
rank 13
Posted:
Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:26 am
quote : #13
TheMytho wrote:

-Mytho

Agreed. I got blisters on my thumb using the D-pad on the DC before, reason why I try to avoid that abusive thing. Smile

JasonX
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:58 am
quote : #14
dont worry nickon, i use the intelligent braking system Very Happy
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Apr 25, 2004 4:56 pm
quote : #15
JasonX wrote:
dont worry nickon, i use the intelligent braking system Very Happy

I actually have been using manual now, with no IBS. Its more of a challenge but totally gets you into the game more. It is a bit frustrating at first but once you figure out how to break and downshift coming into and out of turns.....its easy.