Topic: Sonic Adventure 1

Page 1 of 1
JubeiSaotome
rank 3
Posted:
Mon Mar 29, 2004 7:22 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Not sure how many of us users here took part in DC online functions in early days, but I did. I remember back when Sonic Adventure had just come out in Australia with the DC, I got both on release.

Unfortunatly for us Australians, sega ozisoft were slack when it came to the dreamcast's internet functionality. The DC itself was released in January of 2000 and the dreamkey disc was not sent out to owners until around march/april. They didn't even release VMU's until a month after the system's launch.

Anyway, onto the point of this topic. Sonic Adventure, The first thing I did with my DC when I got my DreamKey was set up an internet connection and access SA1's website. I remember it fondly, they had just released the year 2000 millenium ring download and the current world ranking was over.

Of all the rankings I took part in, Knuckles in Lost World was the one I did best in. I got 51st place, and that was the best Australian ranking also.

I also remember the UKG, United Kingdom Gamers. They were the biggest group of gamers that took part in the SA rankings. Does anyone remember them?

Anyway, I was also wondering if there's a way to access the site via PC, I read somewhere that you'd need to change the browsers header or something. It'd be cool to archive the site and maybe other dreamcast game sites.
Posted:
Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:41 pm
quote : #2
I never really got to play in the world rankings, given that I got my DC in the middle of 2001. However, I do know that someone definitely did archive that site. Whether it's still around or not I'm not sure, but there was definitely an archive.
Posted:
Mon Mar 29, 2004 2:42 pm
quote : #3
I really wise people had archived the DC's many (and now gone) in-game sites sadly the SA1 site is now gone... but OC will be hosting the downloads soon... the amazing thing is someone really did archive the site and I grabed all the photo's I could and I hope lord does too and uses the images from it for the downloads page for SA1 I think ill e-mail then too him just so he does know they exist... he did do this with the SA2 downloads... o ya so the site was archived and here it is http://www.planetdreamcast.com/sonic/learn/vgames/dc_sa/sadcsite/index.html has music and all!

JubeiSaotome
rank 3
Posted:
Mon Mar 29, 2004 6:16 pm
quote : #4
Awesome, thanks a lot for the link.
Posted:
Mon Mar 29, 2004 7:22 pm
quote : #5
Type: NTSC-U/C
Sweet Very Happy I booted that up and was like. Oh wow! Did they archive any more besides that one site?
Posted:
Mon Mar 29, 2004 8:02 pm
quote : #6
Nope, Crying or Very sad but this does leave some hope that someone out there did! O ya ill e-mail you those logo's

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Mar 29, 2004 10:16 pm
quote : #7
Type: NTSC-U/C
I archived the original Quake 3 DC site :]
Posted:
Mon Mar 29, 2004 10:36 pm
quote : #8
What's the URL to it?
Posted:
Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:25 pm
quote : #9
yeah id like to see that quake 3 site!
please Very Happy
Posted:
Tue Mar 30, 2004 6:41 am
quote : #10
same here, I never looked into that much I was too tired when I was doing my jacking of anything important from sega.com (old site)! Drop the URL