Topic: Error connecting to WWP.

Page 2 of 6
InternetAddict
unknown
Posted:
Fri Apr 02, 2004 12:32 am
quote : #16
profile : pm
yes I agree we can't lose the server without a fight!

esk
rank 7
Posted:
Fri Apr 02, 2004 7:13 am
quote : #17
WormyTheWorm wrote:
Now I cant connect to worms... damn
if it does go off.. at least i know that I played it to death Smile

spoken like a true down 2 earth worm!!

and truer words were never spoken about the
game of tricky wriglings

biggup 2 wormy for makin us all @ home on wwp

WormyTheWorm
rank 9
Posted:
Fri Apr 02, 2004 9:25 am
quote : #18
This sucks.... i have a big hole in my life now Sad
Yes it has been good playing worms with every1 and i will miss it a lot if it is gone Sad
and all my wormy friends.. InternetAddict, Dutchcourage/Blast, Loneworm, esk, Chris5687, Bobo, xxx, Lanzarlaluna and every1 else.. jeez i am genuinely upset now Sad

Dunno who runs the worms server.. Team17, Virgin Interactive and Titus are the companies involved according to the packaging.. i dont even have E-mail :O lol must try and find a phone number then and find out what is going on. (please please save my worms Mr server man!)

Im off to 'hit the bottle' Wink lol
F355 races every 20mins.. 9:00pm / 9:20pm / 9:40pm ...and so on.

http://f355.tsx.org <---F355 race reports, and championship info is posted here.
Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Fri Apr 02, 2004 9:54 am
quote : #19
Type: Pal
I tried connecting last night and didnt get on either. So first i tried ringing the tech support number in the manual and found out it is no longer a valid phone number. If somone wants to try the fax the number is 02075514267. Then I went to the web site given for tech support http://www.vie.co.uk I emailed them last night, no response so far today. So I phoned them and spoke to a guy called Aron who sounded less than convincing that he had any clue what I was on about. However he did say tht he had already had an enquiry about this and that the problem should be sorted sooner rather than later. I do feel he was just giving me a standard response though. Just sit and wait now I suppose.

Laters

lanzarlaluna
rank 10
Posted:
Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:22 am
quote : #20
Well, I emailed Team17, who responded with the following:

Quote:
Please contact SEGA directly as they host /maintain Worms Dreamcastservers.

Regards,

Team17 TS

What the fuck? That completely contradicts what Sega of Europe told DCMagic. What the hell is going on here?
rank 37
Posted:
Fri Apr 02, 2004 11:48 am
quote : #21
Type: NTSC-U/C
Strange isnt it, that Sega would say that if it wasn't true? Seems Lordnikon knew thatr Sega operated the worms servers though (or has been told so) as it says "Hosted by Sega of EUR" next to worms in the "Online game list" section

So yeah, What is going on?????

I did email Sega europe actually about both worms and the current non accessable Japanese servers on PSO and this is what they said:

We do not know the reason why the servers has closed down and for how long, we will let know when we got a reply from them.

thank you.....

So, I can only wait for a reply I suppose. I have to say. it doesnt look good, this patch that seems to be available for the PC version is apparently ESSENTIAL for online play.....if this is the case it may effect the DC version as well, but of course the Dreamcast cannot use the patch......so what happens if thats the case.......we are out in the cold I suppose?

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com
DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Fri Apr 02, 2004 3:45 pm
quote : #22
lanzarlaluna wrote:
Well, I emailed Team17, who responded with the following:

Quote:
Please contact SEGA directly as they host /maintain Worms Dreamcastservers.

Regards,

Team17 TS

What the fuck? That completely contradicts what Sega of Europe told DCMagic. What the hell is going on here?

I know I just got the same message, who the fuck runs the damn thing! Sega said they didn't and so did Team 17 ... ok im e-mail Sega of Europe and Team 17.

The Kid
rank 4
Posted:
Fri Apr 02, 2004 6:54 pm
quote : #23
perhaps, is there a way to burn a copy of the WWP game disk and add the patch on to the disk as well? If it's at all possible it's worth a try right. But then again would this problem be so widespread if the patch was the solution? I don't know. I used to play lots of PC games online, though, and often a patch required to play online would have to be downloaded by everyone.. I don't claim to know what im talking about. I just know that i will try everything i can to get the Worms back online.

Also, could it be that someone outside of all the companies runs the server? Again, i know little about such things but maybe it could be. Of course, this might be worse, since there would be little way to figure out who. Maybe im thinking too hard. I'll just hold on to new theories till the old ones fail if they fail.

One more thing. I was looking through the forums and what not and apparently something like this has happened before although not to as many people. Maybe we could learn something from the past.

Posted Fri Apr 02, 2004 7:03 pm:

The Kid wrote:
perhaps, is there a way to burn a copy of the WWP game disk and add the patch on to the disk as well? If it's at all possible it's worth a try right. But then again would this problem be so widespread if the patch was the solution?

This sounds familiar... hmm... Wait! I've got it! I'm the Kid. Sorry

Posted Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:50 pm:

I had another idea. It is very hard to look up all this information... no, wait, it's easy. But it is timeconsuming. I suggest rather than do all the work ourselves let's get some lackeys or something. Hmm... Or we could send letters to anyone in journalism on video games (send a letter to video game magazines) asking what's up. Of course it might not be published due to the lack of interest in Dreamcast these days, but if everyone sends a barage... barragge... baragge... sends a lot of letters (for example i will send about three letters a week, every week.) Eventually, if only to get us off their case, they will give in(like in the Shaushank?... Redemption). I encourage you to steal stamps if it is necessary. The worms must be back online and a journalist is just the person to figure out who to contact about it. Besides it leaves less work for us.

it will never work

Shut Up!

you can't get rid of me because i am you. We are one and the same i am you and you are me.

No! Lies!!! I will not give into your treachery!

do you honestly believe you can defeat me? Ha! you will never be rid of me. I will be as a parasite, always with you constantly torturing you for Eternity!

NOOOoooo!!!

E-T-E-R-N-I-T-Y, Eternity Ha ha ha ha!

You... will... never... control... me.

You Fool! Don't you realize that i already do control you! Every aspect of your life is based on me! We are one and the same you cant just leave me behind!!!

Oh... yeah... hmm... i must have forgot... Sorry.

it's okay. I'm sorry about insulting your plan. Can you ever forgive me?

Of course i do. Come here you other half of me.

Wait!... what are you doing?! Don't hug me! Nooo!!! I'm melting! I'm melting!

THE END

or is it...

Tune in next time for another exciting episode of my daily life!

BrockStrongo
rank 11
Posted:
Sun Apr 04, 2004 9:02 am
quote : #24
i'll e-mail my mate who works for Team17 and see if he knows anything.

OR i could just go and knock on Team17's door and ask em, lol. as i live within 3 miles of them, their OSSETT base Very Happy

F355 and Starlancer reports Smile
DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Sun Apr 04, 2004 10:59 am
quote : #25
ya just go see them, but make a appointment and dress in a suit (rent one if u don't have one)

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Sun Apr 04, 2004 3:55 pm
quote : #26
As I mentioned in the post above the tech support website given in the WWP Pal version is http://www.vie.co.uk when I phoned the premium rate number ( BAHH ) given on the vie website I got a through to a company called Avalon. The Guy Aron who I spoke to at Avalon seemed to think Avalon ran the server, but as I said above I dont realy think he new much about anything?. Anyone know anything about Avalon and do they run servers?. Also what tech support info is given in the NTSC vesrion of worms, phone number, website etc. I'll phone Avalon again on monday I wanna talk to somone besides Aron, I hope hes not the only full time operator.

Laters

lanzarlaluna
rank 10
Posted:
Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:50 pm
quote : #27
Tech support listed for the NTSC version is Interplay Entertainment Corp. I just sent them an email asking the same thing I asked Sega of Europe and Team17, so I'll let you know what they say.

The contact info in the manual:

support@interplay.com

or fill out the support form here:
http://www.interplay.com/support/cscontact.asp

Interplay Entertainment Corp. Technical Support
16815 Von Karman Ave.
Irvine, CA 92606

Fax: (949) 252-2820
rank 43
Posted:
Sun Apr 04, 2004 6:39 pm
quote : #28
Thanks for that reply. I earlier went to the Titus website and clicked the contact technical support option. When the next page loaded I was presented with a few fields to fill in, name, adress, email etc. The most interesting thing however is that above the fields was a name, address, fax and phone number. It was all in French for a comapny called Avalon. Seems to tie up well with what Ive written above. Also I compleated the form and asked the question about the server with a detailed discription. Upon compleation I got a message saying thanyou Titus values your input and responds quicky, or very similar words. LOL wouldent be surprised if i got no reply.

Laters

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Apr 05, 2004 6:57 am
quote : #29
Type: NTSC-U/C
It's rediculious that no company officially claims to have hosted the servers for worms world party. I guess that theory we had about the worms server sitting in the corner in some room where nobody knew it was there, and the janitor was doing some cleaning and unplugged it and moved it...really happened LOLOL.

I'm going to give it another week or so, then I guess we will have to declare it as being offline.

The odd thing is, the server actually allows you to connect. It just freezes on connection now. Maybe the thing just needs a freakin reboot, but nobody knows the machine is wigging out.
Posted:
Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:10 am
quote : #30
DreamcastMagic wrote:
ya just go see them, but make a appointment and dress in a suit (rent one if u don't have one)

lol, a suit aint gonna make much difference to me, with my 'hawk an all.

i talked to my mate who works at Team17 and he's lookin into it, and he's gonna tell me his findings sometime. so fingers crossed.

Posted Mon Apr 05, 2004 4:10 pm:

here is the mail i just got back from my mate who works at Team17.

Just spoken to the network manager - it was Sega who hosted the servers (we wrote them and sent them off) but unfortunately, they're gone for good and won't be going back up.

Hope this helps

Jax
At 15:04 04/04/2004 +0000, you wrote:

Hi,

Just wondering, seeing as though you work for team17, do you have any idea whats going on with the server for DC Worms World Party?

Cheers

-Dave-

well at least that confirms it, DC WWP online is now dead :'(

F355 and Starlancer reports Smile