Page 3 of 6
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:38 am
quote : #31
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Damn, that's brutal. Very brutal. Guess imma have to take it off the list. Crap. I hope WormytheWorm still sticks around. I'll have to make a thread in the news about this laters. BrockStrongo thanx for finding out the official word on this. Helps a ton.
Posted:
Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:49 am
quote : #32
Shocked Confused Mad Sad Crying or Very sad ... I ... sigh, on the eve of me getting back into the worms with happens! O well offline its still a great game...but fuck man thats gay

BrockStrongo
rank 11
Posted:
Mon Apr 05, 2004 11:25 am
quote : #33
no probs, sorry to be the bearer of bad news though Sad

very odd though about both sega and team17 saying they dont host it,

F355 and Starlancer reports Smile
segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Mon Apr 05, 2004 11:30 am
quote : #34
Shame, only received worms world party a week or so ago and was gonna try and make it to some games somehow, despite being on broadband, but it looks like that out now....shame.

Just looks like its gonna keep happening every few weeks doesnt it, they will take something else down and it seems as though they will kepp doing it until we only have left what they take offline.

It really does seem as though DC online is steadily coming to an end.....but at least we should still have quake if nothing else....and 4x4 i believe?

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com
DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Mon Apr 05, 2004 11:35 am
quote : #35
What makes me mad is we get games like Q3 that will be online forever but not the tons of originals, Q3 can be played on the PC but WWP, OT (not even on PC) and OB (same) can't be

lanzarlaluna
rank 10
Posted:
Mon Apr 05, 2004 2:23 pm
quote : #36
I refuse to believe that the mystery is over. Here is an email I just received today from Sega of Europe:
Quote:
Thank you for your email.

Sega has never run these servers. Please contact the developer of Worms
World Party for more information on the servers. The developer is
Titus.

Thank you
Best regards
Edward Ford
Sega Customer Service
Info@Segahelp.com
Internet help line 09066 544 544 (premium rate)
All other enquiries 08456 090 090 (local call rate)

Both sides seem rather sure that the other side runs the server. I am pissed. Somebody has to know the fucking answer to this bullshit. Team17 says they sent the servers off to Sega, BUT Sega says they NEVER ran the servers. And besides, we can still connect to the servers, for fuck's sake. If it were truly offline, why does it say "Connected to Server"?! So I found this link at Titus' website:

http://www.titus-interactive.com/index.php?lang=en&pg=support

I'm waiting for a reply.
unknown
Posted:
Mon Apr 05, 2004 4:35 pm
quote : #37
awful news!!!! man this really does blow my fav game offline NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! this can't be true I refuse to believe it

esk
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Apr 05, 2004 4:46 pm
quote : #38
Sad downer Sad

Chris5687
unknown
Posted:
Mon Apr 05, 2004 5:01 pm
quote : #39
oh god. thats horrible. the truth is i havn't exactly been around lately. off sdoing other things. the onyl game i have been mainly playing is PSO.

Now i felt like getting bak in to my old routine.. I connected to the servers and got that error. i came here and found that it is offcially down.

that really givs a slap across my face. Same thign happened with UT. Similar circumstances with CCR ( i was in Las Vegas at the time and came back to find the news out).

All i can say is sorry. Especially to the worms players, who were keeping them alive. And HUGE thanks to Wormy. He, mostly by himself, created the worms community. I should have been there those last weeks. But I wasn't. I played like 2 times in the last two minths, and i feel like crap missing out on that. Sad

TheMytho
rank 28
Posted:
Mon Apr 05, 2004 6:21 pm
quote : #40
Chris5687 wrote:
All i can say is sorry. Especially to the worms players, who were keeping them alive. And HUGE thanks to Wormy. He, mostly by himself, created the worms community. I should have been there those last weeks. But I wasn't. I played like 2 times in the last two minths, and i feel like crap missing out on that. Sad

I got a burned copy and the online features were messed up, so I never got to even play this game.... Crying or Very sad

-Mytho

The Kid
rank 4
Posted:
Mon Apr 05, 2004 8:06 pm
quote : #41
What are these?... Tears?... Hmm... sometimes life really sucks. Maybe... maybe... Crap! Life really honestly sucks! Always look on the bright side, though, i suppose. Is there a bright side? Well, at least now i can get back to my neglected, real life, but do i really want to? Nooo, i do not. Maybe someday there will be games and systems that aren't left behind when the crowd finds something "better". Since the server is really gone, i have some last goodbyes. Good bye, Good bye Good bye. Well, those are the last of the last goodbyes. Wow... really gone huh... Well it could be worse. Maybe. Somehow. Nope, im wrong. It doesn't get much worse than this. There's no more i can say, i think. Except... For every ending there is a new beginning. For every death, a new birth. Thanks a lot everyone who played. It was fun.

frokid879
rank 21
Posted:
Mon Apr 05, 2004 8:46 pm
quote : #42
whoa, i just read this topic. that really sucks cause that was the next game i was going to get considering I have all of the real time online games (unlike f335 where u exchange.)
Posted:
Mon Apr 05, 2004 11:28 pm
quote : #43
still worth getting great game offline and with friends even better you can have some multiplayer fun still shame, I think Team 17 is making enought money to pay someone to keep the servers running, they were becoming quite popular in the last month or so

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:25 am
quote : #44
OK guess what here is the master server that worms connects to:

master.worms.dream-key.com

So Sega of Europe does manage the server, they just don't know it. Or someone there finally found out it was still on and killed the server....or the server freaked out and needs to be rebooted.
Posted:
Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:40 am
quote : #45
lol, and I just got this today... dumb fools

"Hello Steve,

Thank you for your email.

Sega does not run these servers. Please go to www.team17.com for more information"

This after telling me Team 17 said they didn't and to contact Sega! I realy wise we could do something but seeing how no one wants to admin shit...