lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Nov 03, 2003 12:46 am
quote : #16
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
MasterChief wrote:
oh nikon, i just DLed your time trial. took me a few laps, but i got ya. i can wait to race you other guys. man, i gotta get to work on f355.

Awsome Very Happy yea I am gonna be getting MSR pages up soon, still figuring out how to do it so that its easy to run. Since I don't have an automated system to run it or anything. I have to put up all the VMU files myself. Gonna be setting up a new perminant FTP for uploading all VMU files for all games.
Posted:
Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:18 pm
quote : #17
MSR is the greatest! I 'got' the game today and played it for about 7 hours straight. And this is coming from someone who despises PGR1 for XBOX.

Any werd on when we can expect to see some more ghosts?

-Mytho

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:24 am
quote : #18
Won't be until users are able to find the means to transport files to other players. I am going to be putting up some guides soon that should help with this.
Posted:
Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:09 pm
quote : #19
Wouldnt the easiest way be via the built in pop3 mail system in the Dreamkey/DreamPassport browsers since they allow you to attach vmu files and send them via mail although it has to be sent to another pop3 mail set up on a DC to be downloaded..

Douglas Carroll
rank 5
Posted:
Fri Mar 19, 2004 5:07 pm
quote : #20
I also have vanishing point if anyone else wants to give the ghost race thing a try...

Douglas

Smile

MasterChief
rank 25
Posted:
Sat Mar 20, 2004 2:51 am
quote : #21
i screwed arround wiht VP when i bought it. it dosnt save the ghost filees seperaly. so i dont think its possable.

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
JasonX
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Apr 08, 2004 9:29 am
quote : #22
how do u do the msr online ghost race thing?

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Apr 08, 2004 5:16 pm
quote : #23
Basically you have to email the file to a friend to play each others files. Or also upload it using another uploader and provide a link to the file. We have been working on a more fun and easy method of exchanging files. At the moment the best thing I can think of is a mailing list taht users could subscribe to. That way a user could send out the ghost race, and everyone on the mailing list would recieve a copy. The big problem we are running into is. A lot of US gamers are running off of FREE ISP's and do not have direct access to a working SMTP server which is the outgoing email protocal for sending email for a POP3 email account.

Eventually down the road once more technology is learned and programming, there should be some sort of a on site rankings page with each ghost attatched to the top times. However this is just what we would like to do in the future.

For the moment I think the mailing list will be a very good solution. It is still being worked on. A list for MSR and SegaGT should be up in the next month or so. Compiling the tutorial for setting this up is taking a bit of research and time.