Page Location: Home > General Online > Topic
evilnine
unknown
Posted:
Thu Sep 04, 2003 1:43 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
What is it?
What does it do, if it would of continued its online service?
What was its purpose?
Would it made a better experience, and give shenmue a better replay value?
Does it have to do anything with shenmue 2?

-P.S- as my last means of attempts to connect, search, and look up info on this product, i feel like none of my questions have been fully answered, also it would be much better if I had my answers from someone that has used and experienced this product for themselve
Posted:
Thu Sep 04, 2003 3:28 pm
quote : #2
It was in service for a full three months after I bought the game.

First of all, it is not only for online access. You can view movies from the game, listen to audio, or have characters from the game describe certain aspects of Shenmue to you.

Also, it has nothing to do with Shenmue 2.

Now, as for its online features which have been discontinued, the Passport allowed the player to access areas where they could rank their scores from various minigames against those of other players from around the world. Also, you could trade the Winning Cans for rare capsule toys as well as little VMU icons. You could also look at maps of areas, get hints, and access other areas. Those were the strong points of the Passport, and it did add quite a bit of replay value. It was pretty cool when it was online, so its pretty sad that it went offline.
Posted:
Thu Sep 04, 2003 10:25 pm
quote : #3
Yeah I have Shenmue. The passport's online content was fun.