Page 1 of 1
kontact
rank 9
Posted:
Tue Apr 13, 2004 5:39 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
http://www.gamespot.com/dreamcast/action/unrealtournament/news_2767419.html

Just dope to see that existed, I was actually one of the people who bought UT for DC on its release day but unfortunately wasnt into the online at the time. Hopefully we'll see more stuff like this, except coming from ourselves and this site in the near future.
Posted:
Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:49 pm
quote : #2
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Man yea I see stuff like this and it just makes me all wheepy. I would have killed to get into this. At the time I was in college and could only play my N64 and my PC games. I had no money. I couldn't even research or get into console games. School can suck up insane amounts of free time.

Then last january I was working at that design firm in chicago. I ended up getting 3 systems all in one week.

You had always told me, dreamcast this and dreamcast that....I really was clueless about the DC. I remember it. I got my brothers DC online with the web-browser disc....then......a little light bulb went off in my head. I was hooked.

When we hooked up Unreal Tournament and it connected and you and I saw the gamer lobbies for the first time....I pissed my pants.

I remember us playing some dope matches in DC UT for some weekends. Then it all got cut short and the servers were pulled in mid-june.

Atleast we have Q3 arena forever to frag online with the DC, but UT was an experience in and of itself. I still wait for the day we can once again play this game online. Just something about UT on the DC. All the maps and the features it had. This game was and still is amazing. I play it offline regularly against bots.