27% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 11
DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Mon Mar 29, 2004 3:06 pm
quote : #16
profile : pm
lol... well I did some testing that the fan is fine. I guess my DC just can't take heat maybe it was hotten then I thought ... but anyways I now only use it at night with my window open and seeing how my DC is on a desk in front of window and I have a window fan blowing cold air it works fine! But im still going to invest that fan soon, I just hope its not loud!

grubensau
rank 40
Posted:
Tue Apr 06, 2004 11:09 pm
quote : #17
My old DC (OT and PSO proofed) came back 2 life since I use that fan. I heared its possible 2 change the original fan and build a PC fan inside. How does it work?
Posted:
Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:45 am
quote : #18
DreamcastMagic, what version is your dreamcast (0,1 or 2). I wanna know because on my spare DC(which is a version 0), stops reading games after a while, but then later on it reads games fine.
rank 7
Posted:
Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:49 pm
quote : #19
Hey...get yerself a spare DC from ebgames. For 21 bucks you can get one in my area. If you are careful and observant you can take apart a DC completely to its component level. I have done this a few times to clean dust out of my dc. (Had it since "99 without any issues). The fan is connected to the motherboard with a connector that is similar to a PC cpu fan so replacement is a piece of cake. Also the backup fan will help but I play sometimes for 8 hours on my DC without any heat issues. Check for exess dust. But if you smell burnt circuit that is not good...fix the problem or you will fry her for sure.
Posted:
Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:56 pm
quote : #20
whoa ur back twistedidiot!! i remember u from last year
Posted:
Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:12 pm
quote : #21
DRBagabundo wrote:
DreamcastMagic, what version is your dreamcast (0,1 or 2). I wanna know because on my spare DC(which is a version 0), stops reading games after a while, but then later on it reads games fine.

Well I suppose 0 its from 1999, welcome back twisted! I think for futures sake ill buy one soon, so cheap I can't help my self ... o DC seems to run fine now and doesn't get so hot, not sure why it got to hot that one day but I think I know were the smell can from, I was playing a movie on the DC and it smelled like it was literaly burned, weird dc looks fine and runs fine and when I burn things I don't get that smell... so this many have just been me worry'in to much lol ... but still a little scary dc's do get kinda over hot for electronics if on long in a kinda hot room..

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:18 pm
quote : #22
well i dont spose i have to tell you guys but hey here ya go

i must've bought about 8 dc units now, untold replacement games and controllers, i have to say i never had so much trouble with a console in my life. but hey its part of the fun i spose. i just got another dc so i now have 2, once i am sure all my games work i will re register my pso codes to my dc, i am also going to try and spray paint one a metallic blue and then put a light blue sonic design with white outline on the lid. i also want to change the led and the bit of plastic that covers the led. but that maybe be a bit difficult
Posted:
Sat Apr 24, 2004 3:41 pm
quote : #23
I read an article somewhere that said alot of DCs overheat because of improper airflow it said to place your dc on a sheet of metal with raised nubs in all 4 corners to elevate the dc about 1/2 inch and the metal absourbs and deflects the heat away from the DC body it also allows the air to enter the DC from the bottom intake so the internal fan can blow the heat out...
I hope this helps you after i did this i had no more problems and i have had 3 DCs now this one for the longest... and I use it to surf the web all day most everyday...
Posted:
Sat Apr 24, 2004 6:53 pm
quote : #24
thanks for the tip Very Happy