Page 1 of 1
TheMytho
rank 28
Posted:
Sat Apr 24, 2004 10:00 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
On the DC Racing banner, what is the game to the left? MSR? Vanishing Point?

-Mytho

frokid879
rank 21
Posted:
Sat Apr 24, 2004 10:35 am
quote : #2
thats gotta be msr. vp looks kind of bad and i dont really like vp
Posted:
Sat Apr 24, 2004 2:55 pm
quote : #3
Yeah, that has to be Metropolis Street Racer. All of the racing games in the banner have a similarity: they're online enabled.
Posted:
Sat Apr 24, 2004 2:57 pm
quote : #4
if only VP looked that good and was a decent game, the controller controls are so bad and turning is way to hard 4 that game to be fun 4 me but I hear with a driver wheel its really good ... but what game isn't

TheMytho
rank 28
Posted:
Sat Apr 24, 2004 2:59 pm
quote : #5
Tao wrote:
Yeah, that has to be Metropolis Street Racer. All of the racing games in the banner have a similarity: they're online enabled.

I believe Vanishing Point had some online functionality, which is why I asked. I couldn't tell the two games apart.

-Mytho

Tao
rank 15
Posted:
Sat Apr 24, 2004 3:18 pm
quote : #6
TheMytho wrote:
Tao wrote:

I believe Vanishing Point had some online functionality, which is why I asked. I couldn't tell the two games apart.

-Mytho

CURRENT online functionality.

EDIT: On second thought, maybe not. simply because PGR had all of the drivers sitting on the right side (because it was developed in the UK)--in this pic, the driver is sitting on the left. I can't say though...because I've never played MSR.

Posted Sat Apr 24, 2004 3:23 pm:

errr...it's probably Sega GT...hehe
Posted:
Sat Apr 24, 2004 7:02 pm
quote : #7
Tao wrote:

CURRENT online functionality.

EDIT: On second thought, maybe not. simply because PGR had all of the drivers sitting on the right side (because it was developed in the UK)--in this pic, the driver is sitting on the left. I can't say though...because I've never played MSR.

I really only cared about what game it was. I knew they were all online enabled; I just thought VP had some WORKING online component. Also, the driver placement tipped me off that might not of been MSR. If anything, Vanishing Point possibly belongs on there because you might be able to swap time trials. Same with MSR.

And yes, it is MSR.

-Mytho

DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Sat Apr 24, 2004 9:19 pm
quote : #8
VP's online functions were really nice, and they held a few world tournaments too. But the game sold really bad and the servers were pulled offline some time from late 2001 to early 2002.