Page Location: Home > Archive - General > Topic
Previous  1, 2
DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Fri Apr 23, 2004 1:08 am
quote : #16
profile : pm
can't someone just host it on a website for ppl the chance of legal action is almost a complete none at the point the game didn't sell on PC and they closed its servers ... why would they care about a unreleased DC version (I know I wouldn't)

Tappro
rank 9
Posted:
Fri Apr 23, 2004 2:07 am
quote : #17
Well if i had my pc still i would send ya a copy of mine. but i wouldnt mess with dc++ since u have to have at least 5gb to share to get on most hubs, i would suggest irc too myself! try these servers efnet, undernet, zerofuzion, and zerolimit, do a search for different channels related to dreamcast. u can goto http://www.ircspy.com or http://www.packetnews.com to do a search also. well those are my tips for irc, i not listing the channels tho sorry. goodluck!
Posted:
Sun Apr 25, 2004 4:55 pm
quote : #18
Type: NTSC-U/C
DreamcastMagic wrote:
can't someone just host it on a website for ppl the chance of legal action is almost a complete none at the point the game didn't sell on PC and they closed its servers ... why would they care about a unreleased DC version (I know I wouldn't)

Nobody hosts the game not because of legalities....but because it's 100MB. Bandwidth would get chewed through pretty fast. hence costing dinero to serv the file $$$$

If anyone wanted to get the game around faster they could setup an FTP server off their home DSL/Cable line and post the public account with a connect limit.
Posted:
Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:03 pm
quote : #19
good idea lordnikon dont know why i didn't think of that, or make a private ftp for anyone who needs it. if i had my computer still i would be glad to set one up to send the backup. once i get a cpu ill proly more than likely put it up on a private ftp server. but i cant say when that will be, proly months on down the line. Sad
Posted:
Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:10 am
quote : #20
Ok everyone, got it!!!!! downloaded it using Emule and it works fine.

I forgot however that it wont work on A PAL Dreamcast, so I had to get my American console out.......strange how a lot of these types of things dont work on the PAL Dreamcast but do on the NTSC ones.....very annoying

Sadly I wont be online with it yet.....not until I can afford a dial-up service Crying or Very sad

Anyway, thanks to everyone who helped

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:50 am
quote : #21
Has anyone tried booting PBA Bowling on a PAL dc going out to a PC monitor with a VGA Box?
Posted:
Tue May 04, 2004 3:57 pm
quote : #22

Lol, good luck finding a service that lets you host 500 mb files.
The only possible way to do it is through bittorent.
Posted:
Tue May 04, 2004 4:26 pm
quote : #23
someone could host a ftp server, no problem. I know windows will set it up for you, and I think most distributions of linux will make it easy also.
Posted:
Sun Jun 13, 2004 8:26 pm
quote : #24
contact sgrande99@verizon.net I will help you with PBA 2001 and propller arenia
rank 19
Posted:
Sun Jun 13, 2004 11:04 pm
quote : #25
dido