Page 1 of 1
Tao
rank 15
Posted:
Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:48 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
<rant>

Ok, so as most of you know, Ruins is really looong, especially when playing by yourself. I don't mind it, so I decided to go try and beat it on NORMAL, OFFLINE. Normal can be kind of a pain in the ass, since once you get to higher levels (I'm 36 right now with my main chara), getting experience can be painfully slow.

Anyway, after about an hour and a half, I finally get to Dark Falz. So I'm really excited, because I'm about to beat Ruins and the game. I drop a pipe (at this point, I have 3 remaining), and I begin fighting DF. Well, needless to say, I lose. I return to right near the entrance using a pipe, drop another pipe, and re enter the arena. I lose. So I RETURN to my pipe (at this point, I have 2 remaining), drop another one, and begin again. I get owned by the little thigns at the beginning--because I get stuck. I don't get very far. I go BACK to where my pipe is, drop my LAST pipe, and try again. I lose.

This means I have one more chance to beat DF (without having to go back through Ruins 3). I'm determined. I prepare myself thoroughly, enter the arena, and play VERY carefully, get Dark Falz down to very little health, and just when I'm about to cast heal on myself (I have a little bit more than half my life), I get frozen. And guess what? I *gasp* die.

At this point, I'm like, 'Fuck it, I obviously need to be a higher level', so I go and retrieve my items and quit. And you know what? I didn't gain ONE level. Not ONE. And I'm going to have to redo ALL of Ruins again.

</rant>
Posted:
Mon Apr 26, 2004 11:27 pm
quote : #2
Ah, I feel your pain. DF in particular can be frustrating at times, but it's still fun. I think so, anyway. Very Happy
dreamer!
rank 10
Posted:
Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:40 am
quote : #3
yes i had the same problem at the weekend ive been off for a bit cos ive been trainin my new character and i beat DF at lvl 25 after about 5 pipes.

question what ship do u guys meet on cos i never see u.

at the moment i hang at TITAN.

character stats!
dream
lv72
greenill
BrockStrongo
rank 11
Posted:
Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:39 am
quote : #4
im Usually at Tethys 9 with M1 Savage

F355 and Starlancer reports Smile
DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:41 am
quote : #5
You need to heal yourself each time you get hit when one a lower lvl, and not try to get all these hits in just take your time... sounds like you were rushing kinda ... I had a PSO scare yesterday when my friend turned off the DC while I was playing PSO (after words I beat him to the ground lol) and I was like FUCK my wep, ultra rare Very Happy , because when i booted it again all my items were gone ... what I didn't remember was I had banked everything last time I saved because of that hacker I spoke about was playing some weird ass tricks on us and didn't want to lose my stuff ... need less to say it was all there *big sigh*

dreamer!
rank 10
Posted:
Wed Apr 28, 2004 2:00 am
quote : #6
lol wow that must have been scary i got my lvl 30 charcter onto hard mode yesterday and got him a dragon slayertoday im gunna download the easter quest and get me a chain sword.

character stats!
dream
lv72
greenill
ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Wed Apr 28, 2004 3:30 pm
quote : #7
shit man, tao, that sucks, what character type do you use? i tend to stick with hucast mostly, i can normally beat normal darkfalz by level 25 at the latest if i havent got a full quota of dim8s trim8s and star ats, plus numerous scape dolls (i make a point of buying everyone that pops up in my shop) i dont normally get this trouble till i try and beat vhard df at like level 45 or something, i tend to rush thru the early bits so i can get to vhard quick and go on the towards the future mission, best mission period! yeah man just pick up a few scape dolls, and keep a full arsenal of m8s. and as the guy said, dont let him catch you with his shitty elemental attacks he uses while in the form that floats around the arena. try to just get to his belly and dish out damage, and then just run the oposite way around the arena when he tries to freeze you. if you get a great little item called perfect resist you'll never have to worry about getting frozen or paralised again.