Topic: download content and stuff...

Page 1 of 1
ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:42 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
having a few problems with the download content nikon, i know its been spoken about before and yes my forum was set to view in dc mode so i dont understand why it wont allow me to download files from the site. i have tried the sonic adventure 2 files and the samba files. i am sure i've downloaded the odd bit from here before but for some reason it wont let me now. when i click them the page goes blank with merely some writing along the top about the file, no download promt or anything.

also i wanted to let people know (or if i am the last one to figure it out then forget it) that the sonic 2 website u access via the game is still running and the stuff all still works. i downloaded a chao from the black market today and it works!

let me know what you think i have done wrong nikon with regards to the downloads as i would really love to try some of the new songs for samba.
Posted:
Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:57 pm
quote : #2
ultrapro wrote:
having a few problems with the download content nikon, i know its been spoken about before and yes my forum was set to view in dc mode so i dont understand why it wont allow me to download files from the site. i have tried the sonic adventure 2 files and the samba files. i am sure i've downloaded the odd bit from here before but for some reason it wont let me now. when i click them the page goes blank with merely some writing along the top about the file, no download promt or anything.

also i wanted to let people know (or if i am the last one to figure it out then forget it) that the sonic 2 website u access via the game is still running and the stuff all still works. i downloaded a chao from the black market today and it works!

let me know what you think i have done wrong nikon with regards to the downloads as i would really love to try some of the new songs for samba.

You're using the Dreamcast to attempt to download these files, correct? And I'm assuming you're trying to use DreamKey? I BELIEVE that for DreamKey, you need to download them as DCI files, but I'm unsure. If you have an American browser--PlanetWeb, XDP, whatever, try popping that in, and seeing if you can download the files with it.
Posted:
Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:21 am
quote : #3
yes i am using the dc and dreamkey, but they dont seem to work for me, i dont know how to get hold of other browser programs but i will try and download them via the in game browser of one of my titles.
Posted:
Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:25 am
quote : #4
Well the game browsers are almost always a version of Dreamkeys so this isn't the solution ... try buying 1.0,2.0,2.62 or 3.0 Planet Web Browsers all work great for dl'ing stuff from OC Not sure why the other versions don't work.

Excalibur007
rank 7
Posted:
Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:39 pm
quote : #5
Websites need a couple other files for Dreamkey and Dream Passport browsers to be able download gamesaves. Unfortunately, most websites with gamesaves don't have these files. If anyone needs them, they are included on both the XDP and PSDv1 discs.

For now, however, try a Planetweb browser. If you have XDP, use the Planetweb 2.6 that's included.

-Ex

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Wed Apr 28, 2004 3:03 pm
quote : #6
is planet web sold in places like lik sang? if so what sorta price we lookin at here? i'll have a look around for it, if anyone knows of a good place to get it let me know, ta
Posted:
Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:44 pm
quote : #7
I don't know a place that sells it ... I know on Ebay a new PW 3.0 can be around 30!!