Topic: ChuChuRocket Help

Page 1 of 2
Tao
rank 15
Posted:
Fri Aug 01, 2003 7:19 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
okay, when I try and connect to the network, I enter my desired username and password, and then it takes me to the screen that says "Your information will not be saved since you don't have a VMU" (even though I do) and then I get a password error and get disconnected. Any help?

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sat Aug 02, 2003 5:43 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
hmmm i'll look into this first thing when i wake up tao(i would now but i was working on another website like for 12 hours str8 hehe). One question is are you using an NTSC version aka a USA version of Chu Chu Rocket? Also try it a few times, that has happened to me before because i pu t in the wrong password. I tried it again and then it worked fine. if not try sliding in a new VMU, or no VMU at all and then try again. I'll hop on chu chu today when i awaken and see if there is anything fishy goin on Smile
Posted:
Sat Aug 02, 2003 7:03 pm
quote : #3
Yes, I'm using an NTSC version of the game (USA). Thanks for your help, nikon. I'm somewhat of a newbie to the whole DC online scene.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sat Aug 02, 2003 10:09 pm
quote : #4
OK i checked out Chu Chu rocket, the servers are still 100% functional. I inputted my password and i connected just fine.

Here are some things i would like you to try to see if we can solve this issue:

1. try entering your password and logging in atleast 3-4 times
2. if this doesn't work make a new name and password and try again (even a different vmu might help)
3. it could possibly be your ISP however, i highly doubt it since you are connecting to the server and getting a password prompt.

I was speaking with theMytho and he said that he has had your same problem many times, but just retrying the login multiple times usually does the trick.

Let me know if you have any success, and then we'll take it from there. I'll do whatever i can to help you get this working.
Posted:
Sat Aug 02, 2003 10:24 pm
quote : #5
ahhhhh TAO i forgot 1 incredible vital piece of information that i BET will solve your problem(man i need to post this somewhere on the website so people know whats up).

Ok in order to login you must have something in the email field on your dreamcast

Boot up the planet web browser and configure your email, just enter any email adress it really doesn't matter, but something has to be in that field for you to login properly to chu chu rocket.

i bet this is whats wrong.....try this and let me know what happens Smile

if you don't have a planet web browser PM me and i can give you information on how to aquire a copy.
Posted:
Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:00 pm
quote : #6
*bump*

>_<. More than a month later, I still can't get this to work. Argh....this is bothering the HELL outta me.

DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Mon Sep 08, 2003 10:40 pm
quote : #7
Its true just make up info and up it in all of the slots in the e-mail section in the options on the the web browser ... the thing is no one is ever there! But im getting a copy for my self and ill pm when I can play. O and I had the same problem and I just ignored it ... its no big deal but a littlw pain but worth for chu chu rocket online!

marioman
rank 7
Posted:
Tue Sep 09, 2003 4:49 am
quote : #8
cool thanks, my friend needed that info to.
rank 15
Posted:
Tue Sep 09, 2003 4:09 pm
quote : #9
Is there a way to input your email info w/out the internet CD?
Also, I'm going to look for a web cd for the DC, but I doubt I will find a copy of 3.0 at some EBs around my place. If I get a different version of PlanetWeb, say 2.0... can I input my information?
I could care less about the extra features on 3.0, iI just want to get online!

TheMytho
rank 28
Posted:
Tue Sep 09, 2003 5:00 pm
quote : #10
aflyingcow: You can burn a copy of Planetweb 2.6. Try searching Google.

Also, if you burn it, try the Dreamcall feature out and give me your ID #. I'd like to try it out sometime. Smile

-TheMytho

DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Tue Sep 09, 2003 5:53 pm
quote : #11
Nope you have to have the internet CD but you can still buy new copies from places like funcoland and www.sega-parts.com

Last edited by DreamcastMagic on Wed Sep 10, 2003 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

HuBBsDoctor
rank 6
Posted:
Wed Sep 10, 2003 3:22 am
quote : #12
Type: NTSU-U
or sega-parts.com.
rank 15
Posted:
Wed Sep 10, 2003 4:11 pm
quote : #13
Sega-parts doesn't ship to Canada SadSad ....
Also, can I burn the Planetweb 2.6 file?

Laters

DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Wed Sep 10, 2003 10:28 pm
quote : #14
That sucks

Tao
rank 15
Posted:
Fri Sep 26, 2003 5:17 pm
quote : #15
alright, nikon, quick question: how do I input my email in the JSR browser? I tryed going to options, but there is no way to input my email into it. Any help=greatly appreciated.