Page Location: Home > Archive - PAL PSO > Topic
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Apr 27, 2003 3:33 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
The people on PSO using gameshark just about ruined the PSO world of gaming. They are a constant plague to the PSO community, and there ONLY reason for existing within the PSO community is to see how much they can cheat the game, and bully people around.

We serious PSO gamers just want to play the game fair and square, no cheating, cheating ruins the game, and removes all of the fun. So what can you do to protect yourself, especially in the most vulnurable.....version 1?

Rule #1: Do not sit and idle for lengthy periods of time in the main lobby (BLOCK01:LOBBY01), it seems that at the moment ALL of the major resets and problems occur when you idle in the main lobby for long periods of time. Join a random block and invite people on your guild card list, or pop in and out and pull new aquantance soff to another block or lobby number.

Rule #2: If your game suddenly freezes, and you are prompted with a screen that says, "Disconnected from the server, PRESS START to continue" DO NOT PRESS THE START BUTTON!!!!!!! By pressing the start button it will completly corrupt your memory card, and when you go to look at the files on your VMU browser, you will see a series of "@@@@@@@" symbols. Someone use a gameshark code to initiate this.

Rule #3: If the following above in rule #2 occurs, or any other freeze or system problem. IMMEDIATLY remove the internet cable from the back of your dreamcast console, then pull the VMU out of your sega dreamcast controller. Then power off your dreamcast, start it up again, wait until the start menu loads, slide in your VMU, and continue game should appear. You might lose a few unequiped items that you had garnered online. however everything else should be perfectly intact.
(I know this because this and what occurred in rule 2 corrupted one of my characters, and applying the methods used in rule 3 during the same exact situation salvaged my entire character.

Rule #4: When playing with people you do not know, don't carry your best items/weapons into battle, especially during a boss fight. Some people nicknamed 'pirates', basically lour you into the game and then ease back and don't help you out if your in trouble. They then wait till you die, and then steal your equipped weapon and mesata then leave the game.

So far i personally have been playing PSO v1 with my latest character for 4 months, i am above Lv60, and i have not lost anything. The game has froxen a few times, and i have played with a few shady characters before. but using the rules above, and a little street smarts, i am still playing PSO v1 with no problems.

If anyone has any more tips or advice regarding social protection in PSO on DC add it to this topic and i will include it in the rules above! Smile

Thanx, -LordNikon

Last edited by lordnikon on Fri Jul 18, 2003 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Posted:
Mon May 05, 2003 6:28 pm
quote : #2
hey this is Theokguy i dont know why i couldnt use the same username for this, i dont care much about it. i am a code user of pso, but i am a good hacker, i dont hurt legits. i can tell you ever single thing that will identify a hacker before you get hacked. sadly i cant give away my secrets of how i do it. if you want any codes for gameshark i will be happy to give them to you i dont give away bad codes because theres no need for it.
Posted:
Mon May 05, 2003 6:37 pm
quote : #3
sup yea each systems site is seperate from the other, i was gonna have all 3 message board pull from the same database. However a problem arose when i started thinking of user profiles. Cause some peopel game on different systems, and might wanna make different profiles for each system. And then dreamcsat gamers might start PMing ps2 gamers, and it would kinda start crossing all over the place. So to keep it organized i chose to do it this way. I am gonna mention that right on the splash page now that i think about it. So people know whats up.

Yea if you could list anything that would identify a PSO cheater in the game that would be wonderful. Anything to help out legit players form getting their VMU corrupted. This would be very helpful. yea don't post any codes or how to cheat thats not necessary. but any advice you could give on spotting out cheaters, and how to avoid potential dangers. This would be great! Smile
Posted:
Tue May 06, 2003 3:22 pm
quote : #4
well if they dont say anything when they join, thats a possible sign of a cheater. if you see any of them walking in areas not normally accessible they are using codes. if you see them kill monsters in 1 hit or you dont see any damage and the enemies die they are using cheats. there are many other ways to ID a cheat user but i cant say what they are if i did alot of hackers would become very strong in minutes.
Posted:
Thu May 29, 2003 6:54 am
quote : #5
My game keep freezing. Does this happen when you play with hackers? I walked into a game and there were maestas on the ground. I pick up a couple and my money was maxed out! Am I getting the shaft from Sega?

EDIT: K, this is gay. Got frozen 2 times in the game, disconnected once in the lobby, and got into another game in which I couldn't see myself, had no stats, and I could only chat :-/ WTF?
Posted:
Thu May 29, 2003 10:14 pm
quote : #6
yea sounds like gamesharkers, but to be sure you shoudl hook up with someone you know is a legit player so you can decerne wether or not its a hardware difficulty or gamesharkers.

I'll play with you soon as i can yo let me know Smile

-LordNikon
Posted:
Sun Jun 01, 2003 10:39 am
quote : #7
from the sounds of it you got ckd by somebody. ck is character kill.if it was your hp goes to 0/0 stats do change. when you picked up the mesta it sounds like somone was using infinite mesta and duped it alot. if duped too much the game can lagg and possibly freeze. if you do use codes i can post anti hack codes but they are nowhere near 100% fullproof. some hackers freeze the game at the bank, others when they join. same goes for all forms of hacking.