Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
1, 2  Next
xdscast
rank 8
Posted:
Tue May 18, 2004 8:55 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
in an interview w/ DC IGN some guy said it was better than a gold DC or a million dollar check or something like that. What was it?
rank 3
Posted:
Tue May 18, 2004 9:00 pm
quote : #2
i heard it had a built in 120 gb harddrive that held 120 different games Dreamcast, so in the menu you can select which game you want to play. I also heard that it was able to play DVD's, But there are all proble lies.

xdscast
rank 8
Posted:
Tue May 18, 2004 9:12 pm
quote : #3
I thought it would be autographed by all progammers and other personalised stuff from Sega workers, but that was my guess. Your information is rather tempting, a rare piece of hardware with a fat HD with every DC game, COOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooollll

Posted Tue May 18, 2004 9:25 pm:

sweet, I just climbed to Astroboy.
banned!
Posted:
Wed May 19, 2004 4:20 am
quote : #4
I believe it was a all golden colored Dreamcast, nothing more, any changes to the hardware would take some real money for R&D and stuff and I don't think would happen but who knows.

Dark Slayer 5000
rank 13
Posted:
Wed May 19, 2004 6:51 am
quote : #5
DreamcastMagic wrote:
I believe it was a all golden colored Dreamcast, nothing more, any changes to the hardware would take some real money for R&D and stuff and I don't think would happen but who knows.

Yes, and it was sold to the highest bidder for $1,000. I'd rather take a $2.00 can of Crylon to my DC to make it look all spiffy. Smile

xdscast
rank 8
Posted:
Wed May 19, 2004 7:20 am
quote : #6
What i think is the sweetest is the silver colored DC, I dont know whats so special about the Maziora DC but its expensive as hell.
unknown
Posted:
Wed May 19, 2004 8:09 am
quote : #7
i always thought it looked best in blue, with the blue light, possibly a red light but yeah seeing as there isnt much choice i would go for the black one. i would change the light to blue but other than that
Posted:
Wed May 19, 2004 10:13 am
quote : #8
I would love it if my DC was colored black. Smile
Posted:
Wed May 19, 2004 3:34 pm
quote : #9
Was the final US Dreamcast really gold?

I'm at work, so I don't have the magazine handy, but one of the gaming magazines I get held a contest in conjunction with Sega to give away the final Dreamcast. I'm pretty sure it was the regular gray, but I could be mistaken. The big key is that the top of the console was autographed by the original Sega hardware designers and software designers (Yu Suzuki, etc.). The console also came with brand new copies of every Dreamcast game officially released in the US.

I'm pretty sure that I still have the magazine, so I'll dig for it when I get home from work. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I have a picture of the final Dreamcast.

How are my little crackers doing today?
Dark Slayer 5000
rank 13
Posted:
Wed May 19, 2004 4:21 pm
quote : #10
kingofgrills wrote:
Was the final US Dreamcast really gold?

I'm at work, so I don't have the magazine handy, but one of the gaming magazines I get held a contest in conjunction with Sega to give away the final Dreamcast. I'm pretty sure it was the regular gray, but I could be mistaken. The big key is that the top of the console was autographed by the original Sega hardware designers and software designers (Yu Suzuki, etc.). The console also came with brand new copies of every Dreamcast game officially released in the US.

I'm pretty sure that I still have the magazine, so I'll dig for it when I get home from work. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I have a picture of the final Dreamcast.

It was painted gold, not made of solid pure gold.

kingofgrills
rank 33
Posted:
Wed May 19, 2004 4:38 pm
quote : #11
No, I didn't think it was solid gold. I'm pretty sure it was console gray though. I'll check tonight to see what I was remembering.

DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Wed May 19, 2004 5:18 pm
quote : #12
If you do find it post the whole article I interested in this and don't think ill find this info on the net

kingofgrills
rank 33
Posted:
Fri May 21, 2004 1:23 am
quote : #13
Well, after much digging, I was able to find the magazine I was referring to. If any of you have it, Gamepro's April 2002 edition gave away the last US Dreamcast made - signed by Sega's game development houses. The are also including a new copy of every first - party Sega game made for the US (55 in all). The advertisement is located on page 117.

I don't have a scanner, and I also don't think I have a way of hosting pictures on here, but I did take some pictures of the contest advertisement and magazine cover before I realized I couldn't post them. PM me if you're interested in seeing them. Anyway, here's what the contest said:

Game Pro Exclusive!

Dreamcast Collector's Edition Giveaway

- Sega and GamePro are giving away the last Dreamcast system ever made - signed by all of Sega's developers - along with every first-party Sega game!

Grand Prize (1) - The last Sega Dreamcast system autographed by the development team. Plus, 55 Dreamcast games.

One of a kind collector's item!

And by the way, it was an ordinary gray console - not gold.

DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Fri May 21, 2004 7:09 am
quote : #14
Please e-mail me the file at dreamcastmagic@hotmail.com I can host it for you

xdscast
rank 8
Posted:
Fri May 21, 2004 8:55 am
quote : #15
cool I was right, only took me 3 years to get an answer.