Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
Previous  1, 2
popley
rank 3
Posted:
Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:20 pm
quote : #16
profile : pm
it wouldn't look good, well not like the really game, since the source code for it will proble never be realsed (it will have to be a clone of it, which i doubt that it would look anything close to the realy gta3). Since they havn't had any pic's, not even devlopment pic's, its proble a fake.

TheMytho
rank 28
Posted:
Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:50 pm
quote : #17
Type: NTSC-U/C
There was a picture released some time ago with some 80's hair-band looking fellow skating towards a car? Laughing

It looked terrible and this is probably just some hoax to get people to go "Oh man. I'll get to play GTA3 on my DC!" Rolling Eyes

-Mytho

INUYASHA
rank 4
Posted:
Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:56 pm
quote : #18
how can you say that

INUYASHA
rank 28
Posted:
Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:13 pm
quote : #19
Add it up: The website hasn't been updated, only one pic has been released (and it looked Photoshopped) and we don't see any major support for it. It's HAS to be vaporware.

-Mytho

DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:14 pm
quote : #20
There are so many signs in the whole thing that screams fake or will look like shit I want just point them out, mainly it’s fake...

1. Teams who are making homebrew DC games in 3D still make games that look not even close to Wild Metal (bland looking tank game, simple as apple pie) and they are people who are knowledge about the DC's programming architecture and have experience (some what, remember I said they are still not on the Wild Metal level).

2. No Proof, the "screenshot" that was posted looked so bad and like a crap-e render its not even funny

3. The website looks like a cheap hooker got drunk and remembered from HTML off the top of her head... if this is there quality of work then this game will suck, was offered to get hosted by Sega Forums.com and was ignored or turned down … not sure which

4. Its been over a year since first post but still no real progress ... ummm no this completely bs

... There would be more but the simple fact that there is so few Facts about the game to shot down its hard to call it out with more things which is the believability factor that makes things like Urban Myths thrive

Lee
rank 7
Posted:
Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:23 am
quote : #21
...Nicely put! Oh well, it was fun while it was believable.
Posted:
Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:33 am
quote : #22
It seems as if they are building it more or less from the ground up and not so much porting it.
rank 9
Posted:
Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:01 pm
quote : #23
...GTA sucks anyway. Max Payne is the best Rockstar Games game. And personally I think Chrono Trigger and Cross arent very mature. I mean, Trigger has a very dumb looking robot and Cross has a clown.

I'm just into more grown up games tho.
Posted:
Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:20 pm
quote : #24
Run for a bunker, Stewy... you've just pissed off a hundred trillion RPG players. Wink

Anyway, I would be happy if GTA3DC were released, even if it was a clone that was jaggier than the shards of Janet Reno's mirror in the morning. I don't care if some group takes a mellow RPG and rewrites it in 3-D. I don't even care if some amatuer coder writes pong again for the DC. The more homebrew stuff we get (good or bad) the better. Good games can be downloaded and played, and bad games serve as learning experiences for the coders.

But it is pretty frustrating that some people made claims like theses people did, and did (what appears to be) absolutely squat to back them up. I was skeptical from the beginning, because I both think that anything that ambitious would be coded by people who have a much more adept grasp of HTML, and that I wasn't an incredible fan of GTA3 (call me crazy, but my favorite GTA was the expansion pack for PS1 "London 1969". It kicked ass, because everyone would l\yell at you in an accent, you BARSTID!).

But I would like to see a re-telling of Chrono Trigger on the DC, only because I refuse to spend $100 on a game for a system I don't own that I may not even like in the first place. And Since finding FFC is as easy as finding either the Holy Grail or a girl with no gag reflex, I'm stuck with an SNES emulator if I really want to play Chrono Trigger.

But I'm rambling. GTA3DC is as real as BatBoy.

Lee
rank 7
Posted:
Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:16 am
quote : #25
Remember that mod for the PC that turned Grand Theft Auto (original) into 3D? Someone should port plain old GTA then use the 3D thingy!
Posted:
Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:07 am
quote : #26
DreamcastMagic wrote:

1. Teams who are making homebrew DC games in 3D still make games that look not even close to Wild Metal (bland looking tank game, simple as apple pie)

HEY! I like Wild Metal! that's a fun game to relax with!

Posted Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:15 am:

Stewy01 wrote:
...GTA sucks anyway. Max Payne is the best Rockstar Games game. And personally I think Chrono Trigger and Cross arent very mature. I mean, Trigger has a very dumb looking robot and Cross has a clown.

I'm just into more grown up games tho.

Einhander wrote:
Run for a bunker, Stewy... you've just pissed off a hundred trillion RPG players. Wink

he just pissed me off, too. GTA is the most freaking awesome game of all time, with the possible exceptions of Half-Life, Unreal Tournament, and Battlefield 1942. not even Battlefield Vietnam or Quake III Arena even come close, although they're great games

Posted Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:24 am:

I'm counting on this to come out, since GTA3 is prolly my favorite game, and I don't have a PS2. I bought it for PC a while ago on my last computer, and it worked fine until I got a new computer for christmas and had to give my dad my old computer. now when I try to play it on my new computer, the screen goes blank, and when you restart it the screen goes blank when you get into windows unless you do safe mode. you have to boot it in safe mode and totally reinstall the Nvidia video drivers for the computer to work again. so I'm hoping it'll come out for Dreamcast, so I can play it again, even if it IS a bit choppy
Posted:
Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:11 pm
quote : #27
LOL, I probably pissed off a million people by now. I can expect a lot of hate mail probably.

Oh well. My life already sucks enough as it is! It cant get any worse!

But seriously, can anything other than Shenmue beat Max Payne's storyline? No, they cant.

Also, while were talking about GTA, how bout we also talk about how much the first Driver sucked ass. I mean, how are you supposed to have fun if you're being chased by 20 cop cars and you cant shake em? They just keep hitting your bumper, over and over, till your damage meter gives out and you blow up.
Posted:
Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:20 pm
quote : #28
Stewy01 wrote:
LOL, I probably pissed off a million people by now. I can expect a lot of hate mail probably.

Oh well. My life already sucks enough as it is! It cant get any worse!

Wanna make a bet on that Twisted Evil