Page Location: Home > StarLancer > Topic
NibelheimPromise
rank 11
Posted:
Sun Jun 13, 2004 4:54 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
So, where is everyone? I actually don't play SL becuase I have BB, but I am disappointed to see such a great game not being utilized and played fiendishly like it should... If there is a way for me to play SL thru BB, i'm all ears... I'd love to hear how that could happen. I use to play SL back in the day when it first came out and I was still sportin' the 56K, but unfortunately those days are gone... i wish I could, but I don't think I can play any longer due to my broadband connection... BUT, I do NOT want to see peop0le stop playing SL or any dreamcast game for that matter. I own 47 DC games and consider myself a hard-core dc advocate... and I just don't want to see people not playing the greatest system ever made online anymore... So yeah... this topic was pretty pointless... I guess I can justify it by saying it was my motivational speech. ^_^

lanzarlaluna
rank 10
Posted:
Sun Jun 13, 2004 7:54 pm
quote : #2
If you don't play, then how do you know it hasn't been active? Wormy just hosted a game on Friday.
banned!
Posted:
Sun Jun 13, 2004 8:03 pm
quote : #3
Well my events have stopped, they will be back but I don't think my events were the "one" people went too but I guess I may be wrong

NibelheimPromise
rank 11
Posted:
Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:17 pm
quote : #4
I meant in regards to the forums... Confused ...

lanzarlaluna
rank 10
Posted:
Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:10 pm
quote : #5
NibelheimPromise wrote:
I meant in regards to the forums... Confused ...

Oh, ok. Yeah, this forum isn't very active compared to some of the others, but there are plenty of StarLancer matches on the schedule usually.
rank 11
Posted:
Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:47 pm
quote : #6
awesome! I'm glad to hear that... Do you know if there's a way for me to play SL even though I have BB?

Posted Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:50 pm:

If there isn't a way to play SL with a BBA, what can I do to perhaps play it online? i read in some other dude's post about how he had his old dial up ISP, how would I go about obtaining one of those? ... I just really want to play SL again.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:46 am
quote : #7
Yea you can play online using a FREE isp. At the moment I really need to update the list. I don't know any off-hand that are working. I will work on getting it updated as soon as possible. If you want in the meantime you can ask in the network tech forum and i'm sure someone will post a working one.

Posted Mon Jun 14, 2004 5:47 am:

Also the starlancer forum will get more active. I havn't been around much lately since I am working on more updates. Were gonna be playing a lot of starlancer this summer. Atleast I know I plan to Very Happy Me and Zeiram need to go head2head in some nuke threat.
Posted:
Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:18 am
quote : #8
Awesome! I will head over the the tech forums as soon as I finish responding here. I'm definitely glad to hear that you guys will be "playing a lot of starlancer this summer" because if that's the case, I'm for sure gonna figure out how to play with you guys. Of course I may completely suck at first, but at this point, I don't even care, I just want to be playing DC games online. Thank you for responding everyone, and now I am off to go figure out how I can play SL... Oh man, it's gonna be awesome if this works... ^^

Mertens
rank 14
Posted:
Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:36 pm
quote : #9
These past three months have been hell for me. However, that ended last week and I have no responsibilities at all for the rest of summer. I'm gonna try and start more saturday games as that seemed like the best time for everyone. I went to the UK game last friday and the game was full Sad so I just played the single-player missions.

As for playing SL with a BBA:
I have heard that some broadband providers also give there users a free dial-up account. And, if you are really serious about playing, there are some really cheap dial-up ISPs like $5/month for 25 hours or something. I was actually searching for some a couple of years ago ($24.95/month for AOL is such a rip-off) and I found this in my favorites. I never tried it though.

http://www.access-4-free.com/rates.htm

Also, this is one of the better ISP searchers:
http://www.findanisp.com/bargain_isps.php?cityid=

I just did a search for my area and found an ISP that has a $10 set-up fee with no monthly charge and 25 hours per month. That sounds perfect for you and cheap.