Page Location: Home > General Online > Topic
blade
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:12 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
ok what games do i need to get to get involved with all these ghost races and stuff ? i know 4x4 evo already Razz also i was reading there's a special schedule u guys go by? thx for the info. Cool erm lemme rephrase Razz ok so the racing games i should get are 4x4 Evolution, F355 Challenge, Metropolis Street Racer (lordnikon is making some kind of ghost race transfer for msr right?) are the main ones u guy are/will be playing ?

Posted Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:23 pm:

btw is there something wrong with the clock? my comp says that my time is gmt-06 but this board says it's gmt-07 Shocked (evil central time)

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:42 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
blade wrote:
ok what games do i need to get to get involved with all these ghost races and stuff ? i know 4x4 evo already Razz also i was reading there's a special schedule u guys go by? thx for the info. Cool erm lemme rephrase Razz ok so the racing games i should get are 4x4 Evolution, F355 Challenge, Metropolis Street Racer (lordnikon is making some kind of ghost race transfer for msr right?) are the main ones u guy are/will be playing ?

Ok, I definatly advise you get 4x4 EVO. Since that game is online forever. And is a fully featured online racing game which has chat rooms and palyerspy integration and can download new maps as well. Also get F355 Challenge it is a SUPERB racing game. The best racing sim on the DC. People play from all over the world quite regularly in online time trial matches.

MSR and other games that support ghost race swapping can be done via email. This really works well if you have 1 or 2 people you are constantly swapping back and forth with, however down the road it is my goal to develop a ranking system. This won't be for a while thought since it will require a lot of coding and research on my part. However it is something I eventually plan on doing. But using a free ISP to swap the files usually doesn't work because you need to use the ISP's SMTP server to send out the file which in most free isp situations, an accessable smtp server isn't available.

Ghost Race activity on the site will eventually get more active, just down the road. It's going to take some time to effectivly integrate it into the community in a proper way.

blade wrote:
Posted Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:23 pm:
btw is there something wrong with the clock? my comp says that my time is gmt-06 but this board says it's gmt-07 Shocked (evil central time)

Where do you live? I can help you get all that sorted out just tell me where you live and I can tell you what to set as what.
Posted:
Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:47 pm
quote : #3
i live in Illinios, usa. and the smtp thingy, erm, my cable modem provider gives me an email? can i use that? its adress is like mail.ISPHERE.com but that probably wont work will it Mad actually it says my time is gmt-5 Razz ermm it's not still daylight savings is it ??? Shocked

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:31 pm
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
blade wrote:
i live in Illinios, usa. and the smtp thingy, erm, my cable modem provider gives me an email? can i use that? its adress is like mail.ISPHERE.com but that probably wont work will it Mad actually it says my time is gmt-5 Razz ermm it's not still daylight savings is it ??? Shocked

Well are you using a dialup account provided by your cable provider to go online?

Yes it is daylight savings time, your gmt right now is gmt-5, and in winter months it will change to gmt-6. I just checked your profile. And your all set. Your timezones are set correctly. (btw: be sure to set the timezone at the very bottom to affect the boards time, so set that to gmt-5 as well).
Posted:
Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:31 pm
quote : #5
ok, time to get the racing games im hoping to get them this friday or saturday, this is gonna be some much damn fun.... Twisted Evil

daworm
rank 7
Posted:
Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:31 am
quote : #6
I just got 4x4 evo yesterday and all I can say is that it looks really sweet. I can't wait to test it online, but I'm on the other side of the world! (Philippines to be exact) I will try to connect this weekend and see what's so great about the online functions of this game.