Topic: Sega's New Console - Real!

Page 1 of 2
DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Fri Jun 18, 2004 6:32 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
No joke people, Sega is releasing a new system, sort of. Its called a Mega Drive 6in1 game console. It is a Mega Drive (super small) with 6 games built in. Just like that namco one you just plug it into a TV to play. It will comes with these games: Sonic the Hedgehog, King of Monster, Golden Axe, Puyo Puyo, Kid Chameleon and Flicky. Not really what we all wanted but its something Smile No word on a release for America and importing it would require a plug converter which is a pain to buy, lets hope they release it here. Check out the controller its a very nice color.
http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20040615/toy-s02.jpg <-- pic here

daworm
rank 7
Posted:
Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:59 pm
quote : #2
Oh the concept is similar to the Nintendo iQue except that I don't see any expansion slot to have additional games. Nice selection of games though, not the greatest of Mega Drive releases but great nonetheless. They should have at least added Virtua Racing.

blade
rank 7
Posted:
Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:30 pm
quote : #3
humm, i wonder if sega ever named a console with a number after it? ps1? ps2? xbox 2? Razz

Chris5687
unknown
Posted:
Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:45 pm
quote : #4
will it play other megadrive games and is it an offcial release. not that techtoy crap or whatever that company is that makes game sin brazil and stuff? need links with info.

Stormwatch
rank 6
Posted:
Fri Jun 18, 2004 9:27 pm
quote : #5
Hold it right there! TecToy is Sega's licensed representative in Brazil. All of their products are 100% legal and authorized by Sega.
Posted:
Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:59 pm
quote : #6
**************IDEA*************
it probably won't work, but it's well worth a try
since the reason Sega quit making systems was that it's last ones failed miserable, then maybe, just maybe, if the sales on this thing were like, totally off the chart, it just might plant the seeds in the mind of Sega's big higher-ups and presidents and such, that maybe the idea of a Sega console succeeding isn't that far-fetched after all, and maybe, just maybe, in a few years, they might make another system. this is our chance!!! if they come out in America, EVERYBODY, BUY ONE, TELL ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS, MAKE ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS BUY THEM, MAKE ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS TELL ALL OF THEIR FRIENDS, and so on and so forth, and hopefully it will work. it will probably take more than that, but you have to start someplace. maybe they might think "let's do another simple thing like this" and do it, and then, we do our thing again, and buy them up the yazoot and make everybody else do the same. and agaiin, and again, until we hear news of the release of a REAL NEW SEGA CONSOLE. lol I know this sounds way way way out there but, hey, it could happen Wink
Posted:
Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:18 pm
quote : #7
looks pretty cool
Posted:
Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:32 pm
quote : #8
Type: NTSC-U/C
Looks neat,i'll buy it.

Stormwatch
rank 6
Posted:
Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:58 pm
quote : #9
That 6-in-1 is pathetic... only a 3-button controller, and no cartridge slot. Hey, if anyone is serious about getting a new import Mega Drive, I must suggest Tec Toy's. They have a model that come with 43 built-in games (a few crappy ones, but most are pretty good), two (I think) 6-button controllers, a regular cartridge slot - and I believe it is compatible with american games (you'll probably need a PAL/M-to-NTSC transcoder, but it runs on 110V fine).

Or you could just find t3h R0mZ and run an emulator. Rolling Eyes
Posted:
Sat Jun 19, 2004 6:57 pm
quote : #10
looks nice but i doubt it'd be worth getting for me as A: i am in the uk and B: i have a megadrive with pretty much all the games mentioned. quick question, am i right in saying that the mega drive had no region restrictions? i mean my md played games with genesis packaging if i remember i bought the game xmen 2 clone wars for mega drive and it was in a bright pink hologram style case with genesis written down the side, thats ntsc right? if so then i am gonna get some mega drive imports from a guy i know.
Posted:
Sat Jun 19, 2004 8:33 pm
quote : #11
But many games have a region lock. For example, Super Monaco GP 2, Alien Soldier, Thunder Force 4...
Posted:
Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:38 am
quote : #12
Stormwatch wrote:
That 6-in-1 is pathetic... only a 3-button controller, and no cartridge slot. Hey, if anyone is serious about getting a new import Mega Drive, I must suggest Tec Toy's. They have a model that come with 43 built-in games (a few crappy ones, but most are pretty good), two (I think) 6-button controllers, a regular cartridge slot - and I believe it is compatible with american games (you'll probably need a PAL/M-to-NTSC transcoder, but it runs on 110V fine).

Or you could just find t3h R0mZ and run an emulator. Rolling Eyes

sweet. how much would it cost, and does the reg cartridge slot mean you can use original Sega Genesis game cartridges with it, or is it just for looks? where can I get it? sounds awesome, since I used to have a Sega Genesis, but then about 3 or 4 years ago, in 7th grade, I got tired of it and sold it. now I really miss it though, and they're hard to find now. when I sold it, though, you could find them "a dime a dozen". I only have like 10 dollars, but if anybody here wants to work out some kind of deal for their old Genesis, PM me and I'll get back with you.
l8r
Posted:
Sun Jun 20, 2004 12:18 pm
quote : #13
Sweet, i am really getting into these controllers that plug into the tv and play old games. Simpler than having to get out my old consoles just to play the games.
unknown
Posted:
Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:08 pm
quote : #14
Ok found some info.

Lik-Sang.com ia taking pre-orders for it. $60. No one should consider it a console, just a thing you plg into TV's and is very nice collecter's item. I say that cause some seemt o have some ocnfusion (me included). This thing won't be competing woth ther consoles obvisously.

martianviking
rank 23
Posted:
Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:15 pm
quote : #15
It is interesting, but I'd be much more interested in a "real" 6-in-1 system from Sega (or a third-party licensee).

I'm talking about one console that plays Master System, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, and Dreamcast games. Oh, and no region restrictions so nobody'd have any legitimate argument for mod-chipping it. Now that'd be a 6-in-1 that I could get behind. Very Happy