1, 2  Next
Mertens
rank 14
Posted:
Wed Oct 08, 2003 4:29 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Somebody informed me there is going to be an online game set up at 9pm Eastern Time on Friday October 10th. Post here if you want to play at other times and other days. Also, www.gamefaqs.com is a great site where about 10 other Starlancer fans post and set up games. I really recommend that site. Here is a link to see the Dreamcast Starlancer topics:
http://cgi.gamefaqs.com/boards/gentopic.asp?board=27565
rank 87
Posted:
Wed Oct 08, 2003 4:54 pm
quote : #2
Word! the more gamers the better Smile Feel free to rake advantage of the game scheduler here as well for posting gametimes, so others can know about scheduled events.
Posted:
Wed Oct 08, 2003 4:56 pm
quote : #3
Use the schedule. Razz
I cant make an account for that site because my ISP-based email is all screwed up. Tell them that OnlineConsoles.com has a really good game scheduler, and forums based on online play. (even the new forum dedicated to Starlancer!!)
Hopefully, lots of people will turn out on Friday for that bash... depending on how many people come, I might set up some more during the weekend.

Laters.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Wed Oct 08, 2003 5:10 pm
quote : #4
Yea the thing that wiggs me out about gamefaqs, is they delete backlogged posts. Meaning they prune their forums. I went to the dreamcast area of gamefaqs looking for some info I had picked up from google. I was on a lead about some dc stuff, and went to try and track the information down, and the dreamcsat area only dated back like 10 days. Just think of all the wonderful information that got flushed.

Forums are not only areas for discussion but create massive knowledge libraries, that become very very useful.

SO to keep all this ON topic, if your a starlancer gamer, and area already registered both here and at gamefaqs, I guess post in both places. So more gamers.

But in the end I still feel a game scheduler like the one we have here is more usefull, and functional. Thats my opinion anyways.
Posted:
Wed Oct 08, 2003 5:15 pm
quote : #5
Yeah its terrible... apperantly the mods do it to save space on the site. Pretty stupid.

F-Man
rank 5
Posted:
Wed Oct 08, 2003 6:12 pm
quote : #6
Not it's not. It does save a lot of space on the site.

People usually try to save important stuff somewhere when older topics disappear.
Posted:
Wed Oct 08, 2003 6:59 pm
quote : #7
no its smart, think about the thousands of games they have all with message boards and how big all the storage would be adds up

aflyingcow
rank 15
Posted:
Wed Oct 08, 2003 7:02 pm
quote : #8
Bah, as long as it doesn't happen here i'm happy. Razz

Mertens
rank 14
Posted:
Fri Oct 10, 2003 5:46 pm
quote : #9
By the way, what ships will you be playing with? Whenever I play, there has been a no Wolverine rule since everyone used it and it is just so powerful. I'll be logging in with a Pheonix or maybe a Reaper. So, can we agree to no Wolverines?
rank 15
Posted:
Fri Oct 10, 2003 7:20 pm
quote : #10
Game tonight...... cmon ppl.

Mertens
rank 14
Posted:
Fri Oct 10, 2003 7:23 pm
quote : #11
I logged on 20minutes ago (6pm Pacific) but I think I was too early. I will try again in 40 minutes (7 pm Pacific).

EDIT: When I was playing yesterday, the game froze all of a sudden and I had to restart my Dreamcast. Did it happen to anyobdy else? I connected again but the game was gone so I started a new one and flew around for like 15 minutes before I game up.

Before all that, playing was really fun. If you want to play some more, we should find out when a bunch of us have overlapping time so we can get in more games. I can play Monday - Friday from 12am GMT to 4am GMT. I live 8 hours before GMT time so it is actually the afternoon for me. On weekends, I can probably play at anytine, I just need a little advanced warning.

I could put up an event for everyday on the game schedual for those times, but I won't log on everyday unless someone is going to be there. Anyways,

Callsign: Mertens
Ship: Reaper
rank 7
Posted:
Sat Oct 11, 2003 5:07 pm
quote : #12
I really need to get starlancer and 4x4
Posted:
Sat Oct 11, 2003 6:58 pm
quote : #13
Mertens wrote:
I could put up an event for everyday on the game schedual for those times, but I won't log on everyday unless someone is going to be there.

Hey Mertens, best advice I can give you is prolly set up and start a weekly event. Then if things progress then could expand. For the time Outtrigger was up, i believe we played every Fri and Sat for over 6 months, so many fun times. But yea prolly would be good to start a weekly, they tend to work out well.
Posted:
Sat Oct 11, 2003 7:11 pm
quote : #14
I can not get that weekly event thing to work, it sais I keep putting the time in wrong, blasted bugger wont work for me
Posted:
Sat Oct 11, 2003 7:56 pm
quote : #15
Yes, a weekly event would be a really good idea. I'd say Friday nights.