Page Location: Home > Archive - News > Topic
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Jun 29, 2004 7:43 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
POD Speedzone's offline mode consists of basically just Arcade racing. No single player campaign or races to win. Just normal arcade mode and online mode. There are 2 cars, and 1 track, that are unlockable only by creating an online account. Well, since the game is no longer online creating an account is impossible. I shook my fist at the TV in anger many times. Staring at the locked cars and map. Wishing they would just magically unlock themselves so myself and other gamers could play these parts of the game. Well I went hunting on the net and tracked down some gamesaves for POD.

I found a file that worked! Booted it up and right there was the cars and the track all unlocked. The cars unlocked are Crab and Bulldog. The track unlocked is called Oddrock. The file is now up for download in our Downloads section. Remember to download with a PlanetWeb browser.

POD's only offline gameplay mode is Arcade mode, so 3 whole features to a game being locked away by an online requirement was a pretty brutal blow to gamers. Especially if you just recently get the game. That's like 255 of the game just locked away and out of reach. However now, finally we can play these features of the game, and the file is here on the site for future gamers to play.

Enjoy Cool

Last edited by lordnikon on Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:27 am; edited 3 times in total
Posted:
Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:27 am
quote : #2
I used to enjoy pod online with the BBA. Still not as good as speed devils online. That was amazing
Posted:
Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:14 am
quote : #3
while i admit it is a good thing to have obtained all the offline content for this game, i cannot understand why anyone can say it was any good, obviously this is just my opinion but i found it one of the worst driving games i ever played, the handling was non existent, the weapons barely worked and didnt aid the playability in general, and the tracks were plain awful to navigate. the cars are also very ugly to look at, i had it for a while but couldnt stand it and had to get rid of it. still i guess the graphix were fairly shiny and the music was ok, i just couldnt get into it myself. one of the very few dc games i had to get rid of.
Posted:
Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:59 am
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
ultrapro wrote:
while i admit it is a good thing to have obtained all the offline content for this game, i cannot understand why anyone can say it was any good, obviously this is just my opinion but.....

Just as you found the game to be unpleasant, other gamers might find the game quite enjoyable, since everyone has their own opinion. People who like this games subtle charm have their reasons. But this is a debate for another thread.

The point is for those gamers who do like playing POD from time to time. They can now play 2 more whole cars and whole nother course.
Posted:
Tue Jun 29, 2004 3:56 pm
quote : #5
Thanks lord!!! Very Happy

Im getting this game and knew about that and didn't know where to find a save with those unlocked.

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Wed Jun 30, 2004 1:58 am
quote : #6
i know, thats why i said it was my opinion, i think its great that we got the content for it i was just interested.
Posted:
Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:54 pm
quote : #7
Type: Pal
Nice find for POD2 players Smile . Shame theres no way to get SDO online tracks Sad

Sorry to pick nits but I thought OC wasent doing game saves?. When I previously posted about a BMO save that allows costumes only avalible online to be viewed the official response was " game saves arnt content ". The main difference is that POD 2's save can be used in game rather than just being an extra. A game save for Ooga booga with online only masks could be used in game mind you. Whats the deal now?.

Laters