Topic: -death of a system-

Page 1 of 1
deadmanshand
rank 11
Posted:
Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:28 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
last tuesday i was playing pso ver.2 for about 10 minutes when my dreamcast decided to go dead on me.tried messing with it here and there but everytime i turn on the power the orange light doesnt stay on like it supoposed to be for some unknown reason Question ive asked around here if they can fix it but no such luck.so i guess im stuck in getting another one soon.but i guess it wasn't that bad anyway since i've had this since mid 99' - 2000 so its been with me for a while and it served its purposed.anyone here maybe knows whats wrong with it Question

Evil or Very Mad thanks Evil or Very Mad

YouBlowinMyHigh
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:33 am
quote : #2
Hmmm sounds like maybe ur power board inside went out this happened to me while using the web disc it just died on me went out tried to mess with it the light comes on for a hot second then fades out... u prob need a new power board it prob. blew out just be better to go buy a used one Wink

deadmanshand
rank 11
Posted:
Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:56 am
quote : #3
hmmm. i guess your right, there not that expensive anyway "eb" has them for $14.99 i think.

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:12 pm
quote : #4
sweet avatar mate, and yeah i agree the power board probably needs replacing, i have modded my dreamcasts a bit and that isnt a difficult thing to do, if you can find one on the net that might do it.
Posted:
Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:11 pm
quote : #5
Type: NTSC-U/C
I recently had a bit of trouble with my DC as well. While hooking another controller up to play two-player Quake III, the controllers onscreen at the "choose your controller" screen flickered and disappeared forever. A blown controller port had I... and Shiela (my Dreamcast) could no longer find her controllers.

Anyway, I called around for other DCs, to no avail, and eventually found a hole-in-the-wall used games shop. The owner heard my plight and looked around for a broken DC that I could kife the controller port block from. He found one that "don't run games", and sold it to me for $5. I swapped controller port blocks, and am now happily fragging away.

Anyway, the power supply board on the new broken DC works, the only problem with the DC is the drive motor is fried from the looks of things. If you're problem is your DC's power-conversion board than I wouldn't have a problem giving you the one from my spare DC. (I'm ridiculously broke Mad for the next two weeks, so you'll have to pay shipping, I'm sorry). I'm in Boise ID right now, so it wouldn't be too much- the power-conversion board is not that bigger than a fat candy bar.