Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Tumalu
rank 2
Posted:
Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:37 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62053&item=8115513990&rd=1

Is there a way to reports this guy or something like that?

Chris5687
unknown
Posted:
Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:22 pm
quote : #2
well somewhere on eBay you can report him. all it will do is give him a warning and take his auction down, unless it has happened before in which case he will be banned. if someone actually pays hinm for it and paypal finds out his account could be frozen and many money taken.

but i wouldn't even bother. if someone bids, theyt can obvisously see what they are getting, and i don't see anything that is very wrong with some burnt games. SEGA gets no cash for its game anymore so i don't see anything very wrong with it. if you don't like burnt games don't bid; and the way his auction is going it looks like noone is gonn really bother with it...plus he could have atleast cropped his foot out or taken a second foto.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:36 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
Anyone who wishes to repot an item to eBay should do so by reporting the item id number in the email: Follow this URL and click on email:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/contact_inline/results.html?tier0=report_listing.html&tier1=1&tier2=2&con tinueButton=Continue+%3E&contactUsJSFilename=report_listing.js&contactTitle=Report+a+listing+policy+ violation+or+prohibited+%28banned%29+item

If this link for whatever reason isn't working then go here, and follow through the steps:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/contact_inline/index.html

(Note: eBay sure does make it difficult to find a link to report an item. Fucking rediculious.)
Posted:
Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:18 pm
quote : #4
Yeah well its gone now. Justice has been served.......

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:41 pm
quote : #5
Tumalu wrote:
Yeah well its gone now. Justice has been served.......

NICE Very Happy
Posted:
Fri Jul 02, 2004 5:53 pm
quote : #6
im with chris5687 on this one buying burnt games for a system thats not supported by there own creators is not all that bad if sega was still supporting it then yea its a bad thing cause these r the kinds of things that can kill a system, personally have bought 4 games on websites that offer burnt games for only 2 dollars each and the only reason i did it is beause of games that i couldnt by here in the u.s or games that i couldnt buy anywhere in the world, games such like half life ,pba bowling ,and propeller arena are games that can only be found on backup sites and download programs, i personly got halflife,pba bowling cause there games that u cant buy leagally even if u wanted i kinda felt guilty buying shenmue 2 and headhunter but like i said sega makes no money off of it and and those games were never ment to be sold here in the u.s , but as far as buying backups for other system that r still supported thats wrong and u shouldnt do it because u r just killing the system

darkooga
rank 19
Posted:
Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:29 pm
quote : #7
not for the dc
Posted:
Fri Jul 02, 2004 11:33 pm
quote : #8
Since when is it not illegal to burn games for the Dreamcast? Even more to sell them? it's the same as downloading roms. Downloading roms = illegal . Also I'm pretty shure that no matter where you live that law exists(exempt some middle-eastern and other 3rd world countries).

Stormwatch
rank 6
Posted:
Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:00 am
quote : #9
Illegal? Yeah. But not that illegal. Yeah, it's a crime, but it's one of those crimes no one really cares about. It's not like you're pointing a gun at someone and taking their wallet...
Posted:
Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:04 am
quote : #10
I agree with Chris on this issue. Who is it harming by downloading a Dreamcast game? Most of us have downloaded a few Dreamcast games, don't lie. I could see your point if I were to download, let's say, oh, Driv3r for Xbox/PS2. Most of the teams behind Dreamcast games (when the Dreamcast was commercially viable) have broken up and when you do find a new game, I doubt the people behind the title will get paid somehow. These games are three to four years old. I think that all the money has been milked from most Dreamcast games.

It's the same thing with Super Nintendo/Genesis ROMs. If anything, it's seen as preserving the classics. I see it as the same way with Dreamcast games. They are material objects that will one day no longer exist in material form, but will carry on in a digital form.

-Mytho

Last edited by TheMytho on Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:09 am
quote : #11
Stormwatch wrote:
It's not like you're pointing a gun at someone and taking their wallet...

Oh really?

SNK, Success, GRev and other small 3rd party video game companies took a gamble. They released their products on a game console that hadn't been in production for 2 years: The Dreamcast. When someone is selling a burnt copy of Border Down on eBay your taking money out of the pockets of grev.

It's one thing to download something from the internet and burn it off. It is a whole nother story when you are SELLING pirated material for profit.

This is wrong and illegal.
Posted:
Sat Jul 03, 2004 3:27 pm
quote : #12
Well Nikon, it's true, it's obvisously not a good thing to do it.

I download my share of games, but atleast 90% or more are purhased legally. And I always purchase the new games unless i plan on buying them anyway. I don't nessasarily do that cause its right, i do that cause i want to. I want to have the Dreamcast games as collecters value. Most all other people who even heard of the new games are SEGA fans and are likely to buy it themselves.

i never caused a company to lose massive amount of money, and the same goes for probably other people here. If someone downloads a game, and then sells hundreds for tons of money, then yeah, thats wrong(unless its an unreleased game).

I'm not sure if that auction had Border down or any of the new games on there, but if it did it would be better to take it down. But then again, if someone bought that auction and didn't know what Border Down was and then got it from there, they'd be able to play it atleast, otherwise non fans wouldn't even play it, let alone buy it.

aflyingcow
rank 15
Posted:
Sat Jul 03, 2004 8:16 pm
quote : #13
This is a reason why the DC died in America, and buying burned games from retailers? Come on. Having Shenmue II (real) on the DC is so much more satisfying. I downloaded a couple of games, yes, games lke Propeller Arena and Half life - impossible to find a real copy.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Jul 04, 2004 4:15 am
quote : #14
Chris5687 wrote:
Well Nikon, it's true, it's obvisously not a good thing to do it.

I download my share of games, but atleast 90% or more are purhased legally. And I always purchase the new games unless i plan on buying them anyway. I don't nessasarily do that cause its right, i do that cause i want to. I want to have the Dreamcast games as collecters value. Most all other people who even heard of the new games are SEGA fans and are likely to buy it themselves.

i never caused a company to lose massive amount of money, and the same goes for probably other people here. If someone downloads a game, and then sells hundreds for tons of money, then yeah, thats wrong(unless its an unreleased game).

I'm not sure if that auction had Border down or any of the new games on there, but if it did it would be better to take it down. But then again, if someone bought that auction and didn't know what Border Down was and then got it from there, they'd be able to play it atleast, otherwise non fans wouldn't even play it, let alone buy it.

Yea I download my fair share of burned games too, I mean, I have 140 backups. But I buy the originals as well. People here do this. Die hard Dreamcast gamers do this. But a lot of people do not. They just want the game for free. I know many people that have zero interest in owning the original copy.

Selling pirated material for profit is just wrong. They should be reported. Period.

I have no moral problems with gamers that spend their own sweat and tears painstakingly tracking down dc iso's on the internet and downloading them on their own time. However people purchasing or selling pirated material is just plain disgusting.

As far as games like Half-Life, PBA Bowling 2001, and Propeller Arena. These games should be provided for FREE. Everyone should be able to experience these games. They were unreleased. What system ever gets the chance to play games that were almost lost forever? It's a privelage that every diehard dreamcast gamer should have. If people are selling these games on ebay for $1.99, that I can take. But 9.99 and shit is just rediculious. That stuff should be reported.
Posted:
Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:32 am
quote : #15
lordnikon wrote:
Selling pirated material for profit is just wrong. They should be reported. Period.

I have no moral problems with gamers that spend their own sweat and tears painstakingly tracking down dc iso's on the internet and downloading them on their own time. However people purchasing or selling pirated material is just plain disgusting.

Ok...I started not to say anything on this matter, but fuck it. Nikon, there are those among us who do not have the ability to track down isos and download them. I for instance do not have a PC and cannot afford one. What I also cannot afford however are places like lik-sang that sell all the new releases at rediculous prices then ask an arm and a leg for shipping from Asia. So...what would you suggest people like myself do? If I can fucking get it for $2 from a backup supplier then i sure as hell will. Does that make me a troll? If in the minds of my fellow DC gamers who can afford $50-$75 to import a single dreamcast game I am, then so be it. I know in my mind I'm not. Anyone wanna call me a lamer for 'stealing' games for a quasi-dead system? Go right ahead. Its nothing I havent heard before... I'm used to it, and dont really give a damn. I just needed to make a point.