Page Location: Home > Archive - General > Topic
kingofgrills
rank 33
Posted:
Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:13 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Okay, my Dreamcast has had connectivity problems for the past couple of weeks. I finally resolved everything last night, and got back online. I popped in F355 Challenge, and boom! - I actually had an unscheduled network race right away with one other drive. So I finish the qualifying lap on the oval track, and I'm waiting for the other guy to finish.

Waiting...

waiting...

...and then it happens - the race is abandoned, because the other guy aborted. Aargh!!!! I hate it when that happens!

I have no idea who I was racing, and I don't think it was anyone from this board since we all cherish our online Dreamcast experiences so much. But as a courtesy to others can we agree on not abandoning races or death matches or quests unless it's a dire emergency? Especially in the case of a game like F355 where it's so difficult to find a race that's not scheduled.

Thank you for listening to me vent a bit on this. I was so excited to be back online, so having this happen was a bit of a bummer - to say the least. I reloaded and waited at the start screen for the mystery racer, but he never showed again.

Anyone else run into issues like this?

How are my little crackers doing today?
Doomkiller
banned!
Posted:
Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:26 am
quote : #2
I've had that happen to me on ut 2003 i was having the time of my life i was even asked to join a clan but he left before i could get contact info it really sucked so i kinda no how u feel even though i can just go to a diffrent game on ut 2003 but still it suxed

SoldierBlade
rank 14
Posted:
Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:29 am
quote : #3
Its happened to me a few times on F355 as well. It really pisses me off when people do that to me after waiting so long and hearing the announcer chick say "we are now waiting for other online racers" about a million times... sheesh!

Anyone care to join me in an unscheduled race?

Last edited by SoldierBlade on Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Posted:
Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:30 am
quote : #4
There's been some F355 players having ISP problems lately. I've even had it happen a few times where all of a sudden I'm disconnected before the actual race so it could've just been that. That was always a problem when the sports games were online. You'd get a decent lead on someone and they'd just disconnect. Not very sportsmanlike if you ask me.

WormyTheWorm
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:51 am
quote : #5
i am EXTREMELY pissed off with F355 at the moment.

'Lost communication with the server, you have been disconnected'

Lost communication with server eh... well fucking get the communication back you useless pile of shit!

It is great when it works which is actually most of the time.
F355 races every 20mins.. 9:00pm / 9:20pm / 9:40pm ...and so on.

http://f355.tsx.org <---F355 race reports, and championship info is posted here.
SoldierBlade
rank 14
Posted:
Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:00 pm
quote : #6
I just scheduled a race for 2:30 GMT -5 on today. I'll be going on early in just a couple of minutes. You guys care to follow?
Posted:
Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:47 pm
quote : #7
Soldierblade, I would love to join, BUT I am stuck at work right now. Crying or Very sad

Maybe we can schedule some weekend races? Evenings (GMT -7) work best for me.

Thanks for letting me vent, guys. F355 Challenge is such a great game in online mode, so it's just a bit frustrating when things don't work right, you know?

How are my little crackers doing today?
WormyTheWorm
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:36 pm
quote : #8
yeh i get so mad if things go wrong, especially if i have lost communication with the server and i did a really good time.. thats the worst :O

i am not mad now.. all of the steam stopped coming out of my ears

nice to see you on F355 SoldierBlade Smile it was a fun couple of games, the MOTEGI race was funny... my smartass 360 spin over the line cost me the race Wink LOL

hope you can come to the 9pm UK time (GMT+1) races today, there will be a lot of racers there.
If you dont qualify for a race the 'B' race starts exactly 5 mins after the 'A' race.

Races every 20mins

http://f355.tsx.org <---F355 race reports, and championship info is posted here.
SoldierBlade
rank 14
Posted:
Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:33 pm
quote : #9
Yeah, I saw that LOL I think I was there for the time your refering to. My god, there was like 15 of us at once! I've never seen that many people playing at the same time. Smile I failed to qualify for that race by a few tenths of a second, but wow. You guys always race motegi?
Posted:
Thu Jul 08, 2004 5:00 pm
quote : #10
yeh SoldierBlade all the tracks are raced starting with MOTEGI.

UK times (GMT+1)
9:00pm - MOTEGI
9:20pm - SUZUKA S
9:40pm - MONZA
10:00pm- SUGO
10:20pm- SUZUKA L
10:40pm- LONG BEACH

if you dont qualify for these races, reconnect for the 'B' races, they start @ 5mins after the 'A' race starts. eg - 9:25pm for SUZUKA S 'B' race

It was a good turnout SoldierBlade Smile 15 ppl,
all the replays i saw had the maximum 8 cars Very Happy
i hope you can make it to more of these busy races.

BrockStrongo
rank 11
Posted:
Thu Jul 08, 2004 5:19 pm
quote : #11
i heard that when somebody is on the waiting for players screen, and they just turn off the dreamcast instead of holding B button to exit, that the server continues to think somebody is there and so when the next person comes, it starts a false qualifying session.

thats what i heard anyway, dunno if its true.

F355 and Starlancer reports Smile
Kizzy
rank 9
Posted:
Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:14 pm
quote : #12
BrockStrongo wrote:
i heard that when somebody is on the waiting for players screen, and they just turn off the dreamcast instead of holding B button to exit, that the server continues to think somebody is there and so when the next person comes, it starts a false qualifying session.

thats what i heard anyway, dunno if its true.

Brock, I am sure it is true that if someone just turns their DC off instead of pressing B, then the server thinks someone is still waiting for a game.

I tried it myself about 6 weeks ago, I picked Sugo as a track, switched off and went back on, picked another track (Long Beach) and the game auto-selected Sugo when the race started.

So I think it is true!

All the best!

Kizzy