segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Sat Jul 10, 2004 6:54 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Hi all,

Blast and I were trying for over an hour tonight to get a game started on PBA bowling.....now can anyone tell us where we might have gone wrong?

We both took a turn at hosting a game and that made no difference at all......we both selected player, blast was trying to use a custom player whilst I was trying to use a pro player....does that matter?

No matter what we did the "start game" option just didnt become available, so we were stuck going back and forth trying to work it out until we bith eventually gave up.

So, do any of you PBA players know what we are doing wrong....anyone got any suggestions......because after we spent so muc time trying to get it to work we would like to play a game....lol.......we were doing so well as well, but it had to end in tragedy....lol

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com
darkooga
rank 19
Posted:
Sat Jul 10, 2004 8:43 pm
quote : #2
have same problem
Posted:
Sat Jul 10, 2004 8:57 pm
quote : #3
Type: Pal
Yeh this was a total bummer, Ive not seen such a mystery in bloody ages. In fact the last game I struggled with as much as this was PGA 96 for the PSone. Godd news is once you figured PGA 96 it was easy, hope its the same for PBA.

Laters
Posted:
Sun Jul 11, 2004 3:40 am
quote : #4
Yeah, it certainly was a bit of a mystery.....has anybody here successfully played a game of PBA bowling online? if so please let us know how you did it

Thanks, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer

fallout
rank 16
Posted:
Sun Jul 11, 2004 5:50 am
quote : #5
Type: PAL
I have this game successfully on-line played I would know gladly where
the problem lie?? up to chat you came "g".

I set it for today a play, I hope come. Off into the scheduler.

only which one must make is... selects a play area out of amateur
professional ect, goes purely.... all to have on ready to click... to
then select all a Bowler.. the plays leader a level the round and evtl
the color the bowling balls. and this confirms!! That was it:)

and goes on ready.

Shocked
Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Sun Jul 11, 2004 8:50 am
quote : #6
Well I think I know what you mean but I found that english very hard to understand. Anyway I think we did all that you said and the start option did not light up for us to select Sad . I'll see when you game is and see if I can make it or not.

Laters
Posted:
Sun Jul 11, 2004 10:13 am
quote : #7
unfortunately none came to my game , I becomes today around 6 PM and around 7 Pm still times clean-goes, and in each case a half grants to wait for players .

it lasts beautifully if someone comes Smile

this text was provided with Buisness translator Mr. Green
Sea-Monkey
rank 5
Posted:
Sun Jul 11, 2004 11:55 am
quote : #8
I've set games up many times.You can even add bots online.I'll be online in 10 minutes w,pba.Lets do it.

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Sun Jul 11, 2004 12:08 pm
quote : #9
I think I'll pass on this til I know why a game wont start. We toyed with all the options had our bowlers selected etc but start game was never avalible.

Maybe its a problem with the patched Pal versions of the game?

Laters
Posted:
Sun Jul 11, 2004 1:25 pm
quote : #10
1)First 'create an account' when you get online W/PBA.(if you want.You don't have to make an account,but then your stats won't be saved.
2)Create a game by clicking 'create a game',or join someone else in the 'creation room'.I don't know if you can join a game already in progress,there is never a game in progress when I'm online.
3)You must then choose a HUMAN bowler(either created or pro).Don't accidentally choose a bot(unless your adding bots to your game).
4)Press the 'READY' button.It will then say'NOT READY".But you WILL BE READY.Your name will be GREEN meaning you are READY.It will say "Not READY",but in fact you WILL BE READY.As long as your name is highlighted GREEN you ARE READY.
5)When ALL PLAYERS names are GREEN,the HOST OF THE GAME can then press the START BUTTON(it will now be HIGHLIGHTED!
6)BEGIN

fallout
rank 16
Posted:
Sun Jul 11, 2004 1:47 pm
quote : #11
I play also!

I waited to evenly still for players, none came: (

-------------------------------------
hey if it problem have to connect the game

Since newest I have these in any case

goes presenting connect on network mode and break off then, then fast press again network and reconnect again t, with me went then suddenly Wink
Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Sun Jul 11, 2004 4:20 pm
quote : #12
Sea-Monkey wrote:
1)First 'create an account' when you get online W/PBA.(if you want.You don't have to make an account,but then your stats won't be saved.
2)Create a game by clicking 'create a game',or join someone else in the 'creation room'.I don't know if you can join a game already in progress,there is never a game in progress when I'm online.
3)You must then choose a HUMAN bowler(either created or pro).Don't accidentally choose a bot(unless your adding bots to your game).
4)Press the 'READY' button.It will then say'NOT READY".But you WILL BE READY.Your name will be GREEN meaning you are READY.It will say "Not READY",but in fact you WILL BE READY.As long as your name is highlighted GREEN you ARE READY.
5)When ALL PLAYERS names are GREEN,the HOST OF THE GAME can then press the START BUTTON(it will now be HIGHLIGHTED!
6)BEGIN

I fairly sure we did all of this. Its not like me an d segadreamcaster are at all new to DC online so it shouldent have been a problem realy. Dam game just didnt want to start. We will have to have another try one day and if we get no luck then one of us will have to try a game with someone else to discover if its one of us thats the problem.

Laters
Posted:
Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:53 am
quote : #13
Hmmm,

Im wondering if I have spotted the problem....Sea-monkey said that you have to have the ready/not ready thing on not ready....now I am pretty sure i didnt do it like that I left it on ready....however, I did play aboutwith that when I hosted the game and it didnt make any different, so perhaps we both had it on ready...which would be an understandable mistake? what do you think?

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:48 pm
quote : #14
When I first enterd a game there were 2 options I think, cancel and ready/not ready. If my memory is correct I couldent move to the options area without selecting not ready. We can try again sometime whe you can have this post up on PC, let me know when Smile .

Laters
Posted:
Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:17 pm
quote : #15
Well, if you like we can try early tonight, between 12 and 1, but I cant stay on any longer than that...just to see if we can get a game working and perhaps play a little if we get it sorted early enough?

Other than that it will have to be tomorrow night

Let me know what you wanna do?

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer