Go here

http://dcog.netfirms.com

DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Thu Jul 15, 2004 7:48 pm
quote : #2
profile : pm
That list is completely outdated, I tryed e-mailing the admin and got no reply. Its like a cheap version of OC.

Chris5687
unknown
Posted:
Thu Jul 15, 2004 7:55 pm
quote : #3
yes, that site is now out dated. before onlineconsoles, dcog was the best place to go to schedule, plan and meet for Dreamcast Online games. it wa snever nearly as popular as here, and it had a high time, but for only a couple of months.

i was a regular their, and i really have much to thank it for. without it, i most likely would not be here today unless osmething else sparked my interest. i was even offered to take over the site, but apparently they they changed their minds. however, the original owner, WWJD, is now to busy and passed the site down to the verbal cody guy. site hasn't seen an update since. the boards are very dead now,, but it does get posts occasinally. People sadly say it should just be shut down, and even sadder, although i have mnuch to thank it for, it really serves no purpose anymore, other then some great memories.

such a great place Smile, then a more established, well put together, and a growing live community came into place called OnlineConsoles and things went flying off from there Smile

Chile
rank 30
Posted:
Thu Jul 15, 2004 8:19 pm
quote : #4
but can u play those games online?

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Fri Jul 16, 2004 2:02 am
quote : #5
compare that list with the one here, chu chu rocket and sega swirl are no longer online, all the others on there that arent on our list of active games are merely download content compatible, of which the files are held here anyway. so in answer to your question, no mostly
Posted:
Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:28 am
quote : #6
Type: Pal
ultrapro wrote:
compare that list with the one here, chu chu rocket and sega swirl are no longer online, all the others on there that arent on our list of active games are merely download content compatible, of which the files are held here anyway. so in answer to your question, no mostly

Sega swirl is still online as it plays over Pop 3 email.

I too was a regular at DCOG along with Chris. It was a good site it was the site I was mostly at before I came here. I dunno what kind of negotiation WWJD went into with Verbal cody when he handed over the site but what ever it was didnt work. Vebal cody made one slight update to the site in the week after taking over and managed a grand total of about 3 posts on the message board during that time. Myabe something happened in the guys life that was bad enuf that he couldent continue but he could still have left a message. More than likely the guys just a tit Smile .

Laters
Posted:
Fri Jul 16, 2004 5:39 pm
quote : #7
no no worms world party! Can it be fixed?

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Fri Jul 16, 2004 5:47 pm
quote : #8
Type: Pal
Chile wrote:
no no worms world party! Can it be fixed?

No. The game went down in a cloud of mystery. No one can even be sure who ran it let alone how to get it back online.

Laters
Posted:
Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:43 am
quote : #9
I ran DCOG and tested the games myself as there was no other online resource tracking Dreamcast games online. After I became busier in life, I handed the keys to kody who did nothing, and then stopped answering my emails. No clue what happened there. DCOG become a posting ground for total spam, so I notified proboards and netfirms of that, and that it should be shutdown. Later, it was. I'm happy ONLINE CONSOLES is carrying the torch. Smile

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:24 pm
quote : #10
Type: NTSC-U/C
Hey WWJD! Wink Your game lists for DC Online games were some of the first pages I referenced on Dreamcast Online back in January of 2003.

History hasn't forgotten that you were the first to create a centralized DC Online community.