Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
LINK343q
rank 3
Posted:
Fri Jul 16, 2004 4:18 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
As many of you know, Space Channel 5 was one of the many underrated classic titles for the Sega Dreamcast. Its sequel, SC5 Part 2, was only released in Japan during the Dreamcast's downward retail cycle. The sequel improved on the original in terms of graphics and controls. While the game itself was great, it was near impossible to follow the story unless you understood Japanese. However, now there is a homebrew effort underway to translate the script and have English voices dubbed. The members of the effort were disappointed with the local PS2 version released not too long ago and want to do it justice with this project. They are currently looking for more individuals that are willing to participate in some voice acting.

Info on the Project

More Info on the Project

DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Fri Jul 16, 2004 5:44 pm
quote : #2
This was already brought up and really it makes since to have to original voice actors do the game, anything else would be mediocre and I don't think you have the access to a sound stage which is needed quality dubbing. Has anyone brought to your attention the idea of taking the sound files from the PS2 version and using them with the DC version? Only way I see this project making someone that is memorable, no one can replace her voice I mean it just will not feel the same without the same people. Not only that but its not hard to do this either.

Doomkiller
banned!
Posted:
Fri Jul 16, 2004 6:57 pm
quote : #3
Also this is on so many forums from those links you gave us why u posting here again like DreamcastMagic said.

heres the link of the last post :

http://dreamcast.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2314&highlight=space+channel+5

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:46 am
quote : #4
sounds like a cool idea, would they be interested in doing translations for other games after? i would love to get the sequel to space channel 5 but more than any i would like hundred swords translated, also black matrix ad and frame gride. anyway sorry to diviate a bit, sounds good let us know if the guys get anywhere with it