Topic: vga box

Page 1 of 1
ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:18 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
hey guys, if i was to buy one what kinda things do i need to do to get it to work? i have read info before but couldnt figure it out, will it come with everything or does it require other cables or stuff, also whats a good price to spend?
Posted:
Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:22 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
The monitor plugs into the box and the cable leading from the box is then inserted into the Dreamcast.

The only thing you really have to worry about is sound output. Plug in a pair of computer speakers, but make sure you can adjust the volume on them, otherwise the sound will be very soft.

I bought my VGA box about a year ago for $10. It was the Hais brand and I've been happy with it.

-Mytho

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:26 am
quote : #3
cool, so its not toooo complicated then, i just plug the box into the dreamcast, then what? does it work instead of a scart lead or do i leave the scart lead in? any idea how much i should spend?
Posted:
Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:30 am
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
ultrapro wrote:
cool, so its not toooo complicated then, i just plug the box into the dreamcast, then what? does it work instead of a scart lead or do i leave the scart lead in? any idea how much i should spend?

Unplug the monitor from your PC and connect it to the VGA port on the box. Take the scart lead out of your Dreamcast and replace it with a similar looking connector.

A good price for a VGA box would be six or seven pounds.

-Mytho