1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:48 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Ok many people have had various questions about maximum pool. I finally finally aquired a copy of the game. Here is a quick rundown(i gotta sleep to get up for work), a quick rundown of what I found here in the last 10 minutes.

maximum pool is a windows CE game. It shows the sega net logo at the beginning of the game. However this is not an indication of it using sega snap. Remember seganet was an internet service provided by Sega.

I found that the master servers for this game are:
coolpool.west.won.net:6003
coolpool.east.won.net:6003

These are hosted by sierra entertainment, now Vivendi Universal Games. (Sierra's seattle studios were recently shutdown.)

I went online with the game and successfully connected to the internet. It reaches the server list window however doesn't present any option to host a game. I'm assuming either:

it didn't reach the list and has errored thus stopping further menus links from coming up

or

it did reach the list, games were once hosted by dedicated servers, and thus are not up

It is my personal opinion that maximum pool does not use sega snap. The game was cross system compatible between mac's and pc's. Allowing(like 4x4 evo) for all players on each platform to play together. With it also being developed in windows ce, I'd say it's safe to assume this game's online functions are not SNAP related.

If anyone has a PC or MAC version of this game, possibly test to see if it can connect to the master list and host a game. Then if the Dreamcast can see and join the game. (only meddle with this if your experienced enough, please don't mess with this if you don't know what your doing. We don't need anymore "if i hook my dreamcast up to a toaster will it take this game online" replies. thanx.)

If anyone has any personal online experience with this game, please drop some details if you have played it online to give some further insight into how this game works in a working environment.
Posted:
Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:02 am
quote : #2
i hope the won authentication servers shutting down doesnt get in the way Sad
http://www.steampowered.com/index.php?area=news&id=108991776730978200
Posted:
Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:08 pm
quote : #3
Yea looks like we are running under a timetable. Oh well i'll continue to snoop around to see what kinda information I can turn up. Tracking down a PC version of the game is gonna be really hard. I still can't believe UKR got a copy of PBA(i think it was UKRdreamcastUK?) I think maximum pool is even harder to find than that.

Still, interesting that it is hosted by sierra.
Posted:
Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:49 pm
quote : #4
Lord, I'll try writing or emailing WON.net and Sierra/Vivendi and see what I can scoop up. But before I do, are those ppl the ones who made the game? I Usually email the people who made it, in case they have old backup server software lying around in some archive.

Emails sent:
Sega-AM2 (Outtrigger *couldnt remember if it was SNAP*)
Secret Level (Unreal Tournament)

deadmanshand
rank 11
Posted:
Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:58 pm
quote : #5
i own this game,loved the game ive tried going online with it a few times but no sale i cant even choose a room if i want to.but it would be cool if it was still online Evil or Very Mad

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:48 pm
quote : #6
Type: Pal
I made a few posts about maximum pool before but I think they were mainly ignored. I never played the game online but I knew people who did. At some point it no longer became possible for the DC version of maximum pool to be played online but somone made a gamesave that once again allowed DC users to connect online. This was desribed to me as a VMU save that allows you to connect to the PC server. Then later I was told that the PC servees were now also closed. I went to the site where the save was a long time ago and I thought it was called www.gamesaves.de but Im certain that link no longer works or my memory is bad and its wrong. Ive no idea what any of this info means Im just reciting from memory what I was told many moons ago whilst sitting in dc game lobbies. If anyone is in contact with or has the email for Bosshog who played BMO, Maximum pool and I think WWP he may have some more info about this, especialy the server setup.

Segadreamcaster just told me on PBA that he aquired PC maximum pool on ebay after seeing this thread.

Personaly I given up hooking my DC to a toaster as I have now aquired a George forman grill. I am currently in the process of making a hybrid DC that connects to a new AFO server whilst cooking burgers.

Laters
Posted:
Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:29 pm
quote : #7
Burt, I don't think Bosshogg has an e-mail. I remember him saying that he hated to use it.
He has a web site though, but I can't remember the URL for nothing in the world. He posts at BMO's board on GameFaqs once in a while, so I'll try to get in touch with him there.
Posted:
Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:02 am
quote : #8
Hi,

Yeah I did get maximum pool off ebay last night (PC version)...I assume its the correct one anyway:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3688560636&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT

I noticed this thread last night and then checked ebay and there it was ending in 45mins so I couldnt help myself I had to have it....I love pool/snooker gmaes anyway so it doesnt really matter if its the right one or not....Think it is though because its the same cover as the DC version.

So anyway, if it turns out to be of some help for maximum pool, then thats great if not....doesnt matter....only £9.40 shipped to the UK...so it wasnt bad really

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com
Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Wed Jul 21, 2004 6:15 am
quote : #9
That reminds me Gohan didnt Bosshoggs website have something to do with backing up old gamefaq threads?.

That looks like the right version you got there Segadreamcaster.

I took a look around the net last night for that VMU save that once allowed access to the PC server but all I found were dead links to it. Must be out there somewhere though, I'll keep looking.

Ive encounterd the following technical problems with my Dreamcast/George Forman AFO burger grill.

1: Placeing DC on Grill prevents opening of grill

2: Placeing grill on DC prevents opening of DC

3: Putting DC next to grill looks like a DC sat nextto a grill.

4: I dont know how to make an AFO server.

5: I dont have any burgers.

Any suggestions?.

Laters
Posted:
Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:14 am
quote : #10
lol, good luck with that DC/Grill/AFO server/Burger hybrid,

the results will be great though, Wink

F355 and Starlancer reports Smile
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:26 am
quote : #11
segadreamcaster wrote:
Hi,

Yeah I did get maximum pool off ebay last night (PC version)...I assume its the correct one anyway:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3688560636&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT

I noticed this thread last night and then checked ebay and there it was ending in 45mins so I couldnt help myself I had to have it....I love pool/snooker gmaes anyway so it doesnt really matter if its the right one or not....Think it is though because its the same cover as the DC version.

So anyway, if it turns out to be of some help for maximum pool, then thats great if not....doesnt matter....only £9.40 shipped to the UK...so it wasnt bad really

Cheers, Craig

Yooo let me know when you get it and drop a reply to this thread with information on it's features. Like wether it can host a LAN game and what happens when it tries to connect to the internet.
Posted:
Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:48 am
quote : #12
Yeah ok....will do....don't know how much I can help....but if it comes to it I'll just make a copy of it and send it on to you lord

As for you blast.....I really think you need to use a bbq for the grill...this could prove very rewarding that way you can place the DC on the grill and have the burgers sizzling round the outside of the DC....this will msot definatelly increase the overall performance of your server

As for burgers...you could always make some out of paper mache, buy some or just use sausages instead. As for the server itself.....just buy a nice cheap PC and then plug the RJ45 (phone jack) into the sausage or burger and then the DC phone jack into the burger and there you have it....a working AFO server...perfect for any occasion...lol....let me know how it goes

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com
MK
rank 16
Posted:
Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:52 am
quote : #13
Okay okay, I got this much done:

But I'm having trouble getting the AFO Server to work. Mostly because I don't even have AFO.
Posted:
Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:15 am
quote : #14
HAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHA omfg thats funniest thing I have ever seen. HAHAHHA omg thats so awsome. I jsut busted out laughing so hard at work. HAHAHAHA. Someone should make a prototype of this.
Posted:
Wed Jul 21, 2004 4:07 pm
quote : #15
MK wrote:
Okay okay, I got this much done:

But I'm having trouble getting the AFO Server to work. Mostly because I don't even have AFO.

Man I knew I should have put a copyright on it Sad . Anyway the plans on hold as Im considering becomig a vegitarian. Im not sure weather to become a total vegitarian or one of them ones what eats fish Smile lol

Laters