Page Location: Home > Archive - News > Topic
1, 2, 3, 4  Next
SoldierBlade
rank 14
Posted:
Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:07 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
I dont know if many of you have cought the recent news on dcemulation.com or sourceforge.net yet, but there has been a significant update to dcplaya that just sorta came out of nowhere. I know this excites me, but a lot of you are probably wondering, WTF is DCPlaya?? Well, its a media player for Dreamcast that has support for tons of music codecs and with this update, can even stream shoutcast over a BBA! It can also now play NSF (Nintendo Sound File) files, or music from NES/Famicom games. Here is a link to the author's post about the update on sourceforge, and there is a link in there to the download page. You should all check this thing out.

http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1120013&forum_id=211453

BTW, the author expressed interest in making streaming audio work over modem later on! Here is a link to the thread where he talks about streaming a/v over BBA and answers the modem question. The author of DCPlaya is vincentp

http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=978023&forum_id=211453

Last edited by SoldierBlade on Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:54 am; edited 4 times in total
Posted:
Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:17 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
ghhhhdddggahhhhhhhhhhhh omfg no way WOWOWOWOWOW. Dude shghthahhhhhhhhh. omfg no way. holy shit.

*lordnikon cradles his bba to sleep with him*
Posted:
Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:23 am
quote : #3
LOL I knew that would pique your interest dude! Smile How fucking awesome is this? Nikon, you gotta download it now man....let me know how good it is!

EDIT: BTW, why did you edit my post? That first link was for the topic where he announces the availability of the beta 2.0 and posts a link to it, and the second link was to where he talked about streaming. You also changed the subject line.
Posted:
Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:37 am
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
I'll check it out soon as I wake up. And i didn't edit Neutral anything out of the post at all. Dead serious. Not sure what happend :[ But I didn't edit anything out. Feel free to re-add what info you feel needs to be added to it. be back when I awaken.
Posted:
Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:40 am
quote : #5
Ok, just a little worried I might have done something against the rules or whatever. I'll edit the link back in.

Hmmm....nikon, take a look at your php code and see if there is a word filter or something that prevents a link being posted before the word shoutcast. It seems that everytime i tried to edit back in the link, it would get deleted again unless I changed the word shoutcast to something else. I just put streaming a/v in there instead. The first link is far more important than having the word shoutcast in there....
Posted:
Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:56 am
quote : #6
The BBA support is great for shoutcast (Im listening to it atm). There are some bugs with e network support, you need to enter your settigns, save and tehn reboot for your settigns to work. Also there is no DHCP yet which will make it even easier to use.

however I cant get it to work with CDtool. There is no documentation on what to do so I cant test the network streaming. Sad

It also plays Mpgs and Divx with no sync issues!

Anyone gat any idea how to do this?
Posted:
Mon Aug 02, 2004 9:23 pm
quote : #7
ok so i booted it and all, but i have no idea how to stream the music. so i got my bba in, no lights on my switch even when i click a radio station (or what u wanna call it). all that happens is the menu flashes. puzzled me. i only played around with it fo a min
Posted:
Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:31 am
quote : #8
You need ot set up your Network settings. Then the Shoutcast will work. I cant try the browsign as can connect the PC with DC rool as you need v04 and I only have v03 and cannot find the windows exe anywhere Sad
Posted:
Tue Aug 03, 2004 12:20 pm
quote : #9
so putting in 0.0.0.0 in every field wont cut it : ( thats what i usually do cause then it auto assigns it
Posted:
Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:15 pm
quote : #10
Nope, there is no Auto DHCP on this version. You just need your Internet providers DNS, your subnet mask (Usually 255.255.255.0) and IP gateway (usually 192.168.0.1 if you use a router) and a unique ip for your DC (192.168.0.7 for example). Then save the settigns and away you go. (I had to reboot once I had saved the settigns to work, but others were fine). there is a bug if you go to change the settigns again they will still be the original default ones, so you will need to eveter everythign in again.
Posted:
Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:32 pm
quote : #11
Ok, so now you guys have the network set up, how about letting us know about some other stuff. I think they changed some of the codecs around, so how is the sound quality? Also, has anyone tested the NSF playback and SMD playback? Does it still have the plugins for amiga and atari st sound files? What about some comments on the mpeg video quality? What kind of bitrates are we talkin, and can it play vcd's? I dont have a BBA, but I plan on getting this player anyway as soon as I find someone to burn me a copy, and those things interest me a lot. Even without the shoutcast, dcplaya is the best media player there is for DC, homebrew or otherwise, and if it can match dreammovie in VCD playback, then all the more reason for every DC owner to have it.
Posted:
Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:04 pm
quote : #12
qatmix wrote:
It also plays Mpgs and Divx with no sync issues!

DivX? For real? Jeezzz....that's good. I'll try it out too. Hopefully it also supports XviD

Morph
unknown
Posted:
Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:51 pm
quote : #13
SOoooo, does this only allow media over the net? I was hoping it would be possible to watch DiVX movies that I already have Downloaded to a CD.

daworm
rank 7
Posted:
Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:16 pm
quote : #14
hmmm you're right. MPEG4 over the net is an issue.

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:22 pm
quote : #15
so as this is a media player of sorts, what sort of things can you use it for? is it only for online streaming or is it for offline stuff as well, for instance, if i burned an mpeg as a vcd would it play that??