Page Location: Home > StarLancer > Topic
anti_flag_army
rank 6
Posted:
Mon Aug 02, 2004 4:34 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U
I just bought starlancer for 17.99 at my local gamecrazy and i was just wondering how things work with the online play because im at my friends house and dont have my DC here so i can tplay it right now. i also got a memory card for 3.99

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:20 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Well you sign online and you reach a master list. You can choose to host or join a game. Starlancer supports up to 6 players online! And you can configure multiple modes such as Nuke Threat, Vampire, Asteroid Arena etc etc. You can turn on turrets, and I think teams(can't remember). The game is basically lag free. I have played full 6 player games with no lag. It performs awsome. There are all types of cool ships to choose from each with different special abilities.

StarLancer also carries with it a deep single palyer campaign which is well worth playing.
Posted:
Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:59 pm
quote : #3
anti_flag_army wrote:
I just bought starlancer for 17.99 at my local gamecrazy and i was just wondering how things work with the online play because im at my friends house and dont have my DC here so i can tplay it right now. i also got a memory card for 3.99

is that a used starlancer for $17.99 you bought there or is it brand spanking new Question cause i just saw one last weekend a used starlancer for $7.95 just curious Question

darkooga
rank 19
Posted:
Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:17 pm
quote : #4
was the regular price 29.99, but was it on sale for 17.99
Posted:
Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:24 pm
quote : #5
Type: NTSC-U
It was used with everything(case instructions) fpr 17.99 but since i havent seen it ne where else even ebay i figured why not?

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Aug 03, 2004 12:54 am
quote : #6
Yea not bad. Starlancer is getting pretty hard to find :[
Posted:
Tue Aug 03, 2004 7:51 am
quote : #7
I obtained my copy of StarLancer in a set of games: Bomberman Online, Jet Set Radio, Sonic Adventure, Ecco the Dolphin (busted copy), and of course StarLancer. Plus a mouse was thrown in the deal as well. I payed around $25 for this set. The deal-breaker here was StarLancer. All the included games and mouse were icing on the cake. Mr. Green

-Mytho

Mertens
rank 14
Posted:
Tue Aug 03, 2004 3:02 pm
quote : #8
I took this from one of my old posts:

As for multiplayer, it is pretty basic and lots of fun. There is a basic deathmatch mode where u just slug it out, and some other games with premises such as collect the beacons and set off the nuclear decive destroying your enemies, pass the bomb before it explodes, a deathmatch with a gigantic deathstar-like gun that picks off your enemies, a survival mode where the last one killed by the "vampires" wins, and/or hunt down and destroy the cloaked ship.

There are twelve multiplayer ships to choose from. Each ship has different stats concerning armor, shields, speed, firepower... and also special abilities like an extra layer of shields, the ability to fly backwards, and an ECM that confuses missiles (which doesn't work by the way).

Also, yes there are teams for most game modes. I know there aren't teams for Nuke Threat and maybe for Bomb Tag too. Also, if you get the chance, I have a little FAQ going that should help you in your first games:
http://dreamcast.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=6998#6998
rank 9
Posted:
Tue Aug 10, 2004 2:30 pm
quote : #9
lordnikon wrote:
Yea not bad. Starlancer is getting pretty hard to find :[

I bought a copy of starlancer yesterday for £7 Neutral and theres a few copys on ebay.co.uk

Games online with : Phantasy Star Online Ver.2 (PAL), Star Lancer, F355 Challange

Currently playing : Phantasy Star Online Ver.2 (PAL)
esk
rank 7
Posted:
Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:51 pm
quote : #10
lordnikon wrote:
StarLancer also carries with it a deep single player campaign which is well worth playing.
very true lord. i thought if i play
the single player first i will kik ass wen i go online for the first time, sadly (for me lol) i was wrong and fallout and wormythewormster owned me for
about an hour Embarassed