Page Location: Home > Past Online Games > Topic
nightknigh
rank 3
Posted:
Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:55 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
hi i got a problem with chu chu rocket on my PAL dreamcast... i finally got chu chu rocket in JPN version and wanted to try to play online on my dreamcast with it... everything works fine, i connect and i can even see how connection has success, as the online timer appears right down at the screen... but then the game freezes! is this a protection so that only japanese people can play this game? Sad

frokid879
rank 21
Posted:
Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:12 pm
quote : #2
well i remember the sign that ntsc u chu chu was down was because it froze... did u download it and maybe it was just mislabled? if u bought it i have no clue why it wont let you on, but there is lot of word around here that jp tries to keep people not from japan out.
Posted:
Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:08 am
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
I think its virtually impossible to play chu chu rocket outside of japan. Also we don't even know if its still online in japan. It could very well be offline. There is a rumour going around that it is still online. But people are just assuming it is. I don't think anyone has verified that the game is still online at all.
Posted:
Sat Aug 07, 2004 10:15 am
quote : #4
uhm i bought the official chuchu rocket limited edition pack with a orange dreamcast controller... i just assume that this game doesnt work online on PAL/US dreamcasts... well i think this game is definately still online coz i can even see the lobby and the online timer begin to count as the screen freezes... otherwise i think there would be an error message like in every other japanese online game that doesnt work anymore.