Previous  1, 2, 3
Einhander
rank 20
Posted:
Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:07 pm
quote : #31
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Nah, I'd go for a cheaper rig, something along the lines of a P4 2.8-3GHz, half a gig of RAM, and a 40-60GB HD. Couple this with a GeForce4 or an older Radeon 9700 PRO and I would be happy.

My main problem now is I need to get ahold of an older 3DFX video card (something along the lines of a 16-32MB VooDoo 2 or VooDoo 3 so I can play Quake II in style).

Regarding Defense commander, what exactly are the minimum specs, anyway?

They did do a pretty good job on the DC hardware, though. The game does look pretty nice, although that may be attributed to the relatively small play area, and the fact that the ships are all the same models, only with different textures (which are on the DC disk image, if you want to view them {bitmapped}, along with the sound effects {.wav} for your perusal), so there isn't an extroadinary amount of data that needs to be in RAM, so it can be higher quality (the same way that HL works, have a small amount of higher-res textures and polygons, as opposed to a large amount of lower res textures and polygons, but load more often).

Makes me consider editing the textures to my desire, creating little ships with my face on them. That would rock.

gamzor
rank 8
Posted:
Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:10 pm
quote : #32
Might as well post my shitty computer lol, Pentium 2, 266 MHz, 192mb ram, 3gig hard drive. geforce 2mx. 32mb.
Posted:
Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:33 am
quote : #33
why isnt asking the obvious question, how did this get released? you know the who ,the where ,and the when, i just want to shake there hand and say thank you. it might not be a great game or finished, but it is unreleased , any unreleased game is welcome, in other words ill take what i can get that isnt homebrew(sorry low budget games are cool,but big budget games are better,imo)
rank 4
Posted:
Sat Aug 07, 2004 2:52 am
quote : #34
Its funny how this has been out since 2001 and I have not seen any mention of it until the very first post about it on this forum - strange huh? This was released by DCUK and was their only DC release if I remember rightly. I wonder how they got their hands on it Neutral Maybe it was Titanium just throwing it out there...

DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:57 pm
quote : #35
Maybe its because the reason it floated out on the net is because the company behind it has recently (same year wise) gone under Neutral

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:49 am
quote : #36
wow gamzor is only a little better than mine, mine a 233mhz pentium 2, 196 meg ram 2gig harddisk.
Posted:
Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:30 am
quote : #37
i just built a comp, and this is what i got out of 360 dollars:
amd athlon 2500+ (1.83 ghz, 333 mhz fsb, 512k cache)
ati radeon 9800se 128 mb 256bit (exactly the same as a pro, but only 4 pipelines. can softmod to pro, but got artifacts)
80 gig hd w/ 8mb cache
512 mb ram
then the cd drive and so on
Posted:
Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:45 am
quote : #38
Heres my specs since ya'll are doin the same.

200mhz Hitachi SH-4 RISC
8MB NEC Power VR 2DC
64 Channel Yamaha DSP
12x Yamaha GD-Rom Drive

LOL Sound familiar? LOL

*This post was brought to you by Dream Passport Premier*
Posted:
Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:35 am
quote : #39
The story behind the game was it was a demo that Titanium made that was released as sourcecode with the Wince Development kit for the Dreamcast. If you have the full wince devkit you could compile it yourself if you wanted... Titanium made two other dreamcast works- Quake- the version that ended up online, and Stupid Invaders thier only commercial game.
Posted:
Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:36 am
quote : #40
when you say quake i take it you mean quake III arena?
Posted:
Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:43 am
quote : #41
no Quake 1. Known as quakedc around. Theres plenty of info on it around... it's legally dubious though since it was a rip... there are now homebrew alternatives but none quite match the quality of it though yet. quakedev.dcemulation.com has some info if my memory is correct.
Posted:
Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:44 am
quote : #42
AMD Athlon XP 2400+ 2.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 4 MX 440 64 MB
256 MB Ram