segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:52 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Hi all,

Just thought I would let you know that I have spent much of this evening creating an online manual for PBA bowling by using the PC manual, heres the site

www.geocities.com/pbabowling2001

Now its nothing much as I just chucked it together and the manula isnt that detailed anyway, but it may help out some of the newcomers....its hopefully gonna be pretty good for DC surfers...as it is very basic....but there could be loads of problems...as I have not checked it....let me know if there are any serious problems

Cheers, Craig

PS: Interesting to note as well.....that the DC can't seem to join a PC created game, whilst the PC is able to join a DC created game?....or at least that is what I found whilst experimenting.....strange

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com
Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:13 am
quote : #2
Type: Pal
Yeh thats a great page you made there. I havent been to all the pages yet but it seems to work fine on my DC using DK3.

Strange thing is that as I lernt to play without the manual I have developed a working bowling method that does everything the manual says you shouldent do lol. For a start I bowl on maximum mis-accuracy lol.

Laters
Posted:
Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:17 am
quote : #3
Yeah I know what you mean, I bowl with least accuracy as well.....lol....well cant be that bad can it...we both seem to bowl pretty well......apart from last night where I scored my all time low of 90!!!!! bit of a come down after 244 Shocked

Anyway, glad it loaded ok for you on DK3....I actually changed an image this morning because I noticed it was a little bigger than the others...and also noticed it loaded quite slowly when I treid on DK3 on it myself....but anyway at least it should be available for all if Dreamkey loads it ok Very Happy

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer

Steven
rank 9
Posted:
Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:23 am
quote : #4
gahhh...I can't find PBA anywhere! must get this game!

Games online with : Phantasy Star Online Ver.2 (PAL), Star Lancer, F355 Challange

Currently playing : Phantasy Star Online Ver.2 (PAL)
Sea-Monkey
rank 5
Posted:
Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:31 pm
quote : #5
I'm shocked!Those instructions are almost totally opposite of the way I used to play.I just tried playing again,using these rules and I must say they are CORRECT.Like that manual said,you WILL get strike after strike.Even my 9 year old(who hardly ever plays this game)got multiple stikes in a row by following those instructions!Getting a 300 will be the norm for those with good hand/eye cordination.My only problem with it is it kind of takes alot more challange out of the game.The whole point of playing online was to get bragging rights for highest score,but now it's no big deal really.There will be plenty of high scores to go around.You should post this manual on the Dc PBA bowling Faqs page on Gamefaqs.There used to be tons of players there who wanted this info.If they had it,many players who gave up because they didn't understand the aiming might come back.

MasterChief
rank 25
Posted:
Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:06 pm
quote : #6
sweet man. exactly what i needed. thanks.

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:41 pm
quote : #7
Sea-Monkey wrote:
I'm shocked!Those instructions are almost totally opposite of the way I used to play.I just tried playing again,using these rules and I must say they are CORRECT.Like that manual said,you WILL get strike after strike.Even my 9 year old(who hardly ever plays this game)got multiple stikes in a row by following those instructions!Getting a 300 will be the norm for those with good hand/eye cordination.My only problem with it is it kind of takes alot more challange out of the game.The whole point of playing online was to get bragging rights for highest score,but now it's no big deal really.There will be plenty of high scores to go around.You should post this manual on the Dc PBA bowling Faqs page on Gamefaqs.There used to be tons of players there who wanted this info.If they had it,many players who gave up because they didn't understand the aiming might come back.

If this is true and it will be too easy becuase of this manual....I am wondering if perhaps I was wrong to upload it...I mean what is the point if everyone starts using the same method....it will be totally pointless....and will then be based on luck rather than skill....the way I have been playing and a few others including blast have created out own methods through trial and error and I am starting to wonder if thats how it should have been left if its true that the information provided in the manual makes it easy to get strikes?

I havent actually read the manual properly myself yet.....so I havent even seen this method to try it....hmmmm

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer

Sea-Monkey
rank 5
Posted:
Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:34 pm
quote : #8
Funny.I was thinking the same thing.But those are the real rules.Honestly,I always felt this game was way more luck than skill anyway,and seeing how we were all doing totally opposite of what we SHOULD have been doing just proves that I was right.Besides following the instructions,making your own ball out of the correct material and weight makes it even easier.But,now that everyone really KNOWS how to play,we are all on equal ground.You STILL need good hand/eye cordination to bowl a strike.Look,this game will NEVER be the most involved,fun,or the best Dc online game ever.But it IS online,and that counts for something!I put this game in the same catagory as Sega Swirl or chu chu rocket.Either you hate it or you love it.This game will never compete with Quake or Starlancer or even 4x4.In my mind it's not supposed to.If it wasn't leaked,we would not care.But it was,and we are pretty desperate for online Dc games,so ANYTHING that works online we'll probably take.I play 4x4 alot.If the OTHER dc online racers(you know who you are)were STILL online,I MIGHT never even touch 4x4!But 4x4(and f355)are still online,so that's what I'll play,even if they are not the best racers on Dc(and they are NOT).To sum it all up,we play Dc online games because they are still online.It's almost a novelty thing.We cant ever compete with Xbox live or even Ps2 online,but what we DO have,we are happy(and grateful)for.Let the instructions stay,I like the game more knowing FOR SURE how to play.Sure,we might have gotten 260-280 games before we knew the REAL way to do it.But now,'luck' is no more.

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:36 pm
quote : #9
Type: Pal
I almost totaly disagree with the last post. I developed a way to bowl via trial and error. I learned how to pick up spares via trial and error also. I know where to stand and where to stop the guage in order to hit every pin on the alley. If the method I use works then its not wrong. When I bowl a strike if I hit the same points exactly for the next shot I'll bowl another strike if not I probably wont. Was it Lee Traviono who once said " People say Im a lucky golfer and the more I practice the luckier I get "

Ive decided to totaly ignore the manual as Ive lernt to bowl strikes and pick up spares by my own method. I dont particularly want to stand in the same place and bowl in the same way as everyone else. That sounds like a description of the bowling alley in the town of Stepford.

Laters