Topic: Half Life Strategy Guide

Page 1 of 1
Chile
rank 30
Posted:
Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:07 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Does anyone else here have one? I got it off ebay for $15 which is what it cost 3 years ago right? Think this is a good deal?
banned!
Posted:
Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:47 pm
quote : #2
They are not rare, and are somewhat of a collectors items because they all seem to have drifted into no where land after the game didn't come out, its a decent price.

Chile
rank 30
Posted:
Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:16 pm
quote : #3
well they are rare in a sense. they were pulled of shelves after a while and no more were ever produced Confused
rank 33
Posted:
Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:23 pm
quote : #4
I've got one. $15 is a decent price for one. I bought a new one off of Amazon's A to Z Marketplace from a little independent shop for $8.00. The lady who owned the shop found one in her back store room that was collecting dust.

I guess after Prima realized their error shipping the books early, they tried to get sellers to ship them back or destroy the copies that left the warehouses already. Several of the regional wholesale distributors sent them out anyway. I have no idea how many copies are floating out there, but it is a fairly rare item at this point.

The strategy guide is spot on for the leaked versions of Half Life for Dreamcast and Blue Shift though. It covers EVERYTHING.

How are my little crackers doing today?
Chile
rank 30
Posted:
Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:07 pm
quote : #5
cool cool. I really like that. i haven't played it through so im glad Wink
rank 33
Posted:
Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:17 pm
quote : #6
Hey, I was just in a small mom and pop game store in Bend, Oregon, and I saw two new Half-Life for Dreamcast strategy guides sitting on the shelf for $14 each. I already own one, so I didn't buy one. If you want one, they did say they would ship. Here's their contact info for those of you who are interested:

www.efunngames.com

I've purchased from them before, and they are extremely nice and have great customer service. This trip I picked up a like new copy of Sword of the Berserk: Gut's Rage for $10 from them. I also noticed quite a few Sega CD, Saturn, and 32X games sitting in the case for those of you who collect those.

Chile
rank 30
Posted:
Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:29 pm
quote : #7
nice to know. thanks!

Posted Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:29 pm:

uh wait they don't have anything at their site but ddr pads,lightsabers, and teddy bears!
unknown
Posted:
Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:12 pm
quote : #8
one question about importing sega console games. is this statement true? i have found that the only sega consoles with region restrictions are saturn and dreamcast. i had an american mega genesis game and it worked fine so is this statement true? thanks
Posted:
Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:00 am
quote : #9
Chile, The shop doesn't have the manpower to regularly update games on their website. They ask that you e-mail them if your looking for a specific game or type of game (Dreamcast, Saturn, etc.). They'll then let you know if they have it and how much it costs.

And yes, they do carry a full line of lightsabers to suit most Jedi's needs -- or Sith for that matter. Wink

Chile
rank 30
Posted:
Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:12 pm
quote : #10
lol Wink i can see from your avatar
rank 3
Posted:
Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:31 pm
quote : #11
if someone here has it maybe they could scan it and put a pdf up somewhere, and for legal reasons lock it so they cant edit or print it, good idea imo. ~bb