Topic: Buying a Dreamcast

Page 1 of 1
William
rank 3
Posted:
Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:17 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Hey everyone! I'm rather new here, and I've always been a fan of the DC and actually owned one for a while before it gave up the ghost on me (ie: broke) a few months back and I've been looking around to buy a new one. Any ideas where I could get a good price? I've been looking on Ebay but those usually skyrocket to $100 due to shipping and such. And what about the possibility of buying one made before October 2000? Thanks!

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:50 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Try searching Froogle.com, Amazon.com and shopping.yahoo.com for some good deals. Kinda gotta dig around a little to find a reputable seller.
Posted:
Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:38 pm
quote : #3
What about games? What do you guys recommend for online and offline?

A friend of mine has already given me burned copies of Rez, Ikaruga, and Jet Set Radio, but I was wondering what games I should buy to play online and some offline. I've heard great things about PSO v1 and v2. And I've heard the mention of Propeller Arena several times but I have idea what it is Embarassed Anyone care to explain?

Syndalis
rank 8
Posted:
Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:09 am
quote : #4
1st off, go to pawn shops... thats where I buy mine, and they usually dont know the difference between old and new DCs... usually they sell for 30-40 bucks, with two controllers and a game.

2nd, get the games off ebay. if you are an rpg fan, go for skies of arcadia and grandia II. for online, you need to buy a PAL copy of Phantasy Star Online v1 or v2 (I strongly reccomend hunting for a v2 copy). Best place to get that is off of ebay germany. Quake III Arena works great, and has a fairly active community online. Starlancer is still kicking it, and 4x4 evo as well. PBA is online, if you dig bowling, and its free.... because it was never officially released. do NOT buy propeller arena, half life, or PBA bowling off ebay. ask around on the forums, and Im sure someone will sell you a burn of those unreleased games on the cheap.

That about covers my opinion on this.... anyone else want to add to it?
rank 3
Posted:
Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:14 am
quote : #5
Ah! Thanks!

Also after doing some digging, I've found at DC IGN (who knew it existed? Not I!) a preview of Propeller Arena. Did it ever go online? It seems to me like the precursor to the Xbox game Crimson Skies but on DC, which everyone here would agree: Is better.

I'll go looking for a Pal PSO v2 copy, any idea how high it could run? (I know I saw a few used copies of Skies of Arcadia and Grandia 2 at EB games, for relatively cheap).

Posted Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:10 am:

Yay!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=8129783879&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT

I won I won! Dreamcast will soon be mine!! Twisted Evil