1, 2, 3  Next
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Apr 05, 2004 6:51 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
There are so many inconsistancies about VOOT's netplay capabilities and the sourceforge project. I am currently researching to figure out if indeed a version of custplu/np-client has been released that DOES indeed allow for Virtual On Oratorio Tangram to be played over the internet.

Note:
Most likely this will only allow for BBA users to take advantage of this feature, however never the less still a big deal for dreamcast online gaming.

I have posted a few threads at various communities and should have some hard solid evidence within the next few days.
Posted:
Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:17 am
quote : #2
so this is probably a silly question nikon but will this mean i will be able to play voot online aswell? i have the usa version but am in the uk.
Posted:
Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:20 am
quote : #3
My guess is that there wouldn't be anything built-in that would stop you from playing, but it might be a lot like playing Mario Kart: Double Dash on the GameCube over Warp Pipe. It will let any two people connect, but if you're not pretty near each other, the game will be so slow that it'll be almost unplayable. Being within a hundred or two miles of your opponent will probably be ideal.

Just a guess.
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:34 am
quote : #4
No no, the game has network features built in because the japanese version had network compatibility and you could play online, however the servers were taken offline. I don't know exactly how it all worked. When your playing the game US or JP even in offline mode the game is sitting there in broadcast mode regardless.....er too many details....but not like warp pipe....

It would play like any other online game. The reason is say for BBA user's only is because I think the only viable debug code at the moment is for the bba, I don't think the code is supported for the modem to direct-dial.

Ehhh i could ramble about all the technical stuff forever, will report back when I find out wether the latest builds of the software will allow for netplay or not.
Posted:
Mon Apr 05, 2004 1:25 pm
quote : #5
Got it; I totally misunderstood.

After I actually read a bit (imagine that) I think I have a better understanding of what's going on.

Definitely keep us updated if you hear anything (and I'm sure we'll do the same).
William
rank 3
Posted:
Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:23 am
quote : #6
Just checking... Any news? Mr. Green

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Sep 12, 2004 2:46 pm
quote : #7
Nope, if new developements had been found they would have been posted. I can't test anything regarding voot until I get a real copy of the game, and not a backup. And then I have to find someone that also has a real copy of the game, and broadband adaptor.

Unfortunatly new or used voot is a bit pricey.
Posted:
Sun Sep 12, 2004 2:51 pm
quote : #8
i have a us version of the game but no bba, do they cost much to get on average? i have just won gundam side story and am planning to be good with my money this month so i cant get one yet but if somewhere stocks them would a bba work on my dc at all? quake and pso i believe but do pal games recognise it? and also would we both need to use the jp version of voot?
Posted:
Sun Sep 12, 2004 3:04 pm
quote : #9
i got voot off ebgames.com for $12
rank 25
Posted:
Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:27 pm
quote : #10
lordnikon wrote:
And then I have to find someone that also has a real copy of the game, and broadband adaptor.

check and check.

holler at me.

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
jhorto1
unknown
Posted:
Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:59 am
quote : #11
I have both too, but will be pretty busy this week. If you need help after 9/20 let me know.
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:54 pm
quote : #12
It's going to be a long time before I persnally get this game. I just ordered 4 more games, and then am spending about 100.00 on 3 new releases this month alone.
Posted:
Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:05 pm
quote : #13
Well.. sence we got two ppl with the needed things why dont they just test it? Maybe you can like help um with whatever they got to do.
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:09 pm
quote : #14
They are more than welcome to test it. I have no idea where the files are at the moment and havn't been able to boot any of the apps anyway since I don't have an original game so my experience on this is nill. So not much I can do to pitch in until i actually get my copy.
Posted:
Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:46 am
quote : #15
I also have VOOT JAP and US and two BBA's (One for coding, the other for Games) I will have a go at trying it when I have some freetime