Topic: THE DREAMCASTNEXTPROJECT

Page 1 of 1
asha
unknown
Posted:
Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:20 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm

Hello i haven’t been on here for ages (you may remember me..or most likely not lol) any way ages ago i announced DreamcastNext and i got abit side tracked Embarassed but now im back and ready to spread the word and get more people interested in the dreamcast my idea is to build up a massive dreamcast fan base from the rubble if you like i think if we do this 2 things may happen 1.Sega notice that people are still interested in the Dreamcast and maybe release some new games in the US & UK and maybe make a dreamcast2 (that’s the long shot) and 2.Sega don’t notice us and we don’t get any new dreamcast goodness Wink if this happens at least we would of got more people playing the dreamcast and we would of cause of had a blast doing it. sorry for the long post if your interested the site can be found here http://www.freewebs.com/dcnext/ at the moment but ill make a proper flashy site soon (and a simple one for all the dc surfers Wink ) thanks for reading

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:36 pm
quote : #2
its all good sounding mate and we all want more attention for the dc. but the there isnt really much to your site yet i know you said you'll be making a better one but what else can we do right now other than what we already do here? set up games online spread word about new releases and help new comers and show them the ol dreamcast ropes. still im all up for some all round dreamcast fandom
Posted:
Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:43 pm
quote : #3
good luck man i Shocked mean it
unknown
Posted:
Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:08 pm
quote : #4
ultrapro wrote:
its all good sounding mate and we all want more attention for the dc. but the there isnt really much to your site yet i know you said you'll be making a better one but what else can we do right now other than what we already do here? set up games online spread word about new releases and help new comers and show them the ol dreamcast ropes. still im all up for some all round dreamcast fandom

Thanks for the reply i see were your coming from the main point of it is to make a site that dreamcast online users and pc users can join up together chat, share content, listen and watch music and video (ill be integrate a media player that will work really well with dreamkey 3 & the other browsers and also put games up and making sure there’s always something new for the dreamcast online users to do.

now we get on to the "getting more people to play dc's" part this is the easy bit basically im going to do LOTS of promoting (i mean on about 50 forums lol) and also of cause we need those people to buy DC's (this is the clever bit) ill be making a sort of advertisement section for people who are selling there DC (or DC games) to advertise it for free doing this will do 3 things 1.Get more people buying DC's 2.Get more people selling DC's & 3.Get the value of DC's up (you may think this is bad but the more expensive something is the more importantly its taking)

thanks

Posted Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:09 pm:

Chile wrote:
good luck man i Shocked mean it

thanks mate

Posted Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:35 pm:

Ok after a brainstorm with graham (who’s working with me on DCN) we have decided to change it we will now make dreamcast games in flash ect then burn them on to CD-R stick a label thing to it put it in a case and sell them for about £3-5 or $4-8 and we will release free beta versions for download on the site what do you guys think?

souLLy
rank 5
Posted:
Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:57 am
quote : #5
i'm not totally sure about what you mean... there isn't a homebrew flash player available yet that can handle action script, if however you're talking about making a game and bundling it with the sega webbrowser or planetweb then you'll run into problems since they're copyrighted and distributing copyrighted stuff is illegal obviously- wether the web browser originally cost money or not.

may i suggest just making flash games and sticking them online on your site to play online for free maybe?
Posted:
Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:54 am
quote : #6
souLLy wrote:
i'm not totally sure about what you mean... there isn't a homebrew flash player available yet that can handle action script, if however you're talking about making a game and bundling it with the sega webbrowser or planetweb then you'll run into problems since they're copyrighted and distributing copyrighted stuff is illegal obviously- wether the web browser originally cost money or not.

may i suggest just making flash games and sticking them online on your site to play online for free maybe?

i wont use flash i was just giving an example and with all the othere homebrew games out there i dont see us geting into trouble as long as we dont nick anyone else's content

souLLy
rank 5
Posted:
Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:31 am
quote : #7
so a compilation of homebrew stuff...?

you'd need to contact the creators of the games, for thier permission- and of course if there were emulators on the disks, they'd have to only have PD roms on there. in similar news, lik sang and the goat store will be releasing little homebrew disks soon, as well as metafox's dream-on compilation that you may have heard of....
Posted:
Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:45 am
quote : #8
souLLy wrote:
so a compilation of homebrew stuff...?

you'd need to contact the creators of the games, for thier permission- and of course if there were emulators on the disks, they'd have to only have PD roms on there. in similar news, lik sang and the goat store will be releasing little homebrew disks soon, as well as metafox's dream-on compilation that you may have heard of....

no lol were making our own homebrew games its all part of my plan to get more people playing dc's, I was talking to my mate earlier and he was under the impression that the DC had no interesting games or hardware so of cause i had to inform him of dreameye ,seaman ,keyboard & mouse ,internet features and he didn’t even know there was a mic for it! now this kind of ignorance is what dcn will cure we’ll have pages apon games of DC games & hardware & weird add on plus of cause as we will be releasing new games for it, it will prove to outsiders that the DC still alive ,see?

Posted Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:13 am:

UPDATE we have changed are company name from arcadia to Orange Panda yes i know its very weird but well its also very cool Very Happy
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/eosta/Orangepanda.bmp