Topic: 31.99

Page 1 of 1
aflyingcow
rank 15
Posted:
Tue Sep 30, 2003 5:11 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Why the hell is this game still 30 bucks (CAD) plus tax at EB? Everywhere I go its 30 bucks... and I ask the a dude that works there and he says its supposed to be that much....

Laters

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Sep 30, 2003 5:29 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Ok I was sitting at the main page, i hit refresh, and i see your topic simply "31.99". I couldn't help but bust out laughing since I had just read your 4x4 evo post about 15 minutes earlier. I was thinking "man that has to be about quake 3 by aflyingcow". Sure enough it was Smile lol

I did some searching:
First off, tell that stupid employee to check the website, its listed for $17.99 RIGHT on the website, www.ebgames.com, their official website, for $17.99. here is the link str8 to the product: http://electronicbotique.com/ebx/product/181546.asp

That employee is being a total dick, and is being lazy and doesn't wanna do his job. Heaven forbid he might have to double check on the price. Print out the webpage and bring it to the store.

If he continues to be an asshole, send a letter to ebagames. You should get a box of free stuff. Like years ago my sega genesis mortal kombat box was all scratched up, so I decided just to send them a letter. Sure enough I got free stuff.

If they continue to act like idiots, I did some more research for a couple other online sources:

Avancegames.com a brand new copy on sale for $17.99
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/advancegames/quake3arena1.html

Gamestop.com has quake 3 arena on sale for $19.99 pre-owned:
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=923191
Posted:
Tue Sep 30, 2003 5:51 pm
quote : #3
Haha, you did your homework Lord.
But I am going to email them and complain... its 31.99 EVERYWHERE I go.... its crazy.

AC/DC
rank 6
Posted:
Tue Sep 30, 2003 7:11 pm
quote : #4
i got mine off half.com for a total price of $10.00. Brand new too. I got it last week, but since its pretty old you might not get a response from the seller
Dream
Cast
Tao
rank 15
Posted:
Tue Sep 30, 2003 8:04 pm
quote : #5
That's strange. I got it at EB for 7.99. New.
Posted:
Tue Sep 30, 2003 10:21 pm
quote : #6
thats too much i got mine for 10 new on ebay

MasterChief
rank 25
Posted:
Wed Oct 01, 2003 2:09 am
quote : #7
same here. i payed 9.99 at gamestop. i try not to pay more than 10 for DC games. except for PSO, it was new though. the most expencive game i ever bought was capcom vs snk 2 for 19.99. but it was absolutly MINT. the guy must have played it like once. but ill probably break down and pick up skies of arcadea. people pay TOP DOLLAR for that title.

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
aflyingcow
rank 15
Posted:
Wed Oct 01, 2003 3:53 pm
quote : #8
At ever EB I go to, I see unopened copies of PSO (Ver.1) for 9.99... I got one and its still unopened.
I saw Skies of Arcadia for 44.99 at an EB... it was used, and had loads of monor scratches... I passed on it, and it was bought the next day Confused

MasterChief
rank 25
Posted:
Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:18 pm
quote : #9
see? WAY too much for a friggen DC game. ever see what marvel vs capcom 2 is going for? some of the more hardcore DC'ers out there will pay anything.

and new PSO's for 10 bucks? man i shoulda shopped arround more. i thought i was getting a screaming deal at 14.99

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
aflyingcow
rank 15
Posted:
Thu Oct 02, 2003 1:48 pm
quote : #10
I bought a Marvel vs Capcom 2 for 28 bucks... without original cd case or manual! And it was scratched to hell, not even game doctor saved it.
I was able to return it and got some other games instead. EB is like the only place I can find DC games Sad

-=Pennywise=-
rank 9
Posted:
Sun Oct 19, 2003 11:01 am
quote : #11
I bought quake 3 for ten pounds (in england) and got milenium soldiers free!