im not sure if it works online but if it does im defenetly getting it

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:21 am
quote : #3
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Yep AFO rocks offline. It has a full campaign mission mode with tons of single player missions and objects for both alien and army sides. Very challenging. It also has full arcade mode where you choose sides and basically like DM, seeing how long you can go for, for high scores. Round after round.

The games one major drawback is, it has no multiplayer. So it's single player only unfortunatly.

Game is awsome though. Buildings collapse and there are weapon power ups. Classic game.
Posted:
Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:39 am
quote : #4
yeah as nikon said its still a classic, zensaber dont even bother getting your hopes up its not online anymore but well worth playing, i actually find the missions too difficult most of the time.
Posted:
Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:13 am
quote : #5
yeah i played this online alot when the servers were up.. great game online with voice chat and all....

but i did get this a second time to play though the campains.. campains are great.

kingofgrills
rank 33
Posted:
Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:47 am
quote : #6
Yeah, Alien Front Online is not online anymore, but still, the campaign mode is very challenging and entertaining.

This game is a cherished part of my Dreamcast collection. It feels like your participating in a classic Sci-Fi Alien invasion film.

How are my little crackers doing today?
mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:59 am
quote : #7
Type: PAL
do you know weither it ws released in europe

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:58 pm
quote : #8
general knowledge really, the eu missed out on alot of good games and afo was one of em, along with ooga booga bomberman and voot to name a few.
Posted:
Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:30 pm
quote : #9
AFO is awesome offline. I unfortuantely was never able to play it online. It's definetly worth getting though. You can find it for under 10$ new.

The campaign missions are hard as hell. I was never able to complete the entire game.
rank 7
Posted:
Fri Sep 24, 2004 5:36 pm
quote : #10
Yeah, there is still enough to do with the single player campaigns (you can play through those on the Army or Alien side) to make AFO worth getting -if you find it for under $20. I really, really miss the online play. Unleashing a nuclear missle on a group of aliens was so cool. That mushroom cloud and BOOM noise never got old. Thinking back, it is hard to imagine that Sega tried a 56K online game that supported up to 8 players -and voice chat!

The voice stuff was hit-and-miss, but it was the grandaddy of console voice chat. Smile

I would love to see Sega do a sequel for AFO. They could call it, Alien Front Online: Second Wave, supporting up to 10 players, with bigger maps, some new vehicles, a map maker function, and LAN support for multi-player offline gaming. Well, I can dream anyway.

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:14 pm
quote : #11
Type: Pal
I didnt like the game much offline. I played it 100% online and stopped once it went offline. It is a shame the best mode of the game is gone and I dont think multiplayer offline would have worked to be honest. Offline muti would have had to be split screen and i H8 split screen.

Laters