Page Location: Home > General Online > Topic
YouBlowinMyHigh
rank 9
Posted:
Fri Oct 17, 2003 3:28 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Hey everyone who has shenmue and thought the online passport disc was down lol ... its still down.. lol but... i finally got it to to stop the loading and the annoying sound it makes... beep* beep* every second when loaading it finally stopped and tho it wouldnt load anything u could still see ur stats... about the game and the oother features it offers... like the movies.. the soundtrack etc... so check it out it takes aprox. 4 minutes till the loading will stop from the time u load up after it connects online.

Enjoy
Posted:
Sun Oct 19, 2003 4:49 am
quote : #2
Word!! And I like playing the 70 man battle...my poor fingers get so damn cramped...I wish I could save some of the 70 man battles i've had....beautiful...and I like watching the motorcycle cinematics....Ryo looks bad ass on the bike...and Nozomi...oh god that short ass skirt...makes an old pervs blood boil...hubba hubba...damn you Ryo...tap that shit..whats wrong with you!! What kinda playa acts indifferent when a girl lays her head on ya shoulder....damn...and all alone in a park no doubt!! Ryo...damn my young brotha...I know Lan Di stepped on ya toes but DAAAUM...she's right there...forget about yo damn honor for a sec...bust a nut!! Stop hangin around with Tom smokin that hellafied Gunja mon! And I think someone needs to talk to Fuku-San...somethin ain't right...him and Ine-San are a tad too cozy....I think he lays da pipe to the ol gal when Ryo is out bustin his ass workin the docks. And speakin of the docks...has ANYONE ever actually won the forklift race...best I have done is 3rd.
Posted:
Sun Oct 19, 2003 5:21 am
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
I've won the Forklift race several times.

Let me tell you, it requires Zen-like concentration to place 1st. I threw the controler a few times before I got the hang of the track and was able to navigate the curves with ease.

Also, DO NOT bump into the other forklifts. This will slow you down and give your opposition a speed boost. Mad

The old adage 'Practice makes Perfect' also applies here. If you devote twenty to thrity minutes of getting used to driving the forklift and learning the track, you should win a few races. Don't be discouraged if you lose. Twisted Evil

-TheMytho

Chris5687
unknown
Posted:
Sun Oct 19, 2003 10:48 am
quote : #4
I was able to win a race in one postition each 5 days. In otherwords...one day I got first, another 2nd, another 3rd and so on. Once I got 1st and 2nd place, getting the rest was easy.

Also gave Chai a beating in the arcade. Man I do enjoy that. He needs it after getting my hong-kong ticket.

aflyingcow
rank 15
Posted:
Sun Oct 19, 2003 2:41 pm
quote : #5
I don't understand how 'free market' works, and how you upload pets on your VMU..

DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Sun Oct 19, 2003 3:12 pm
quote : #6
doesn't matter now all of the online functions but view your status don't work

Last edited by DreamcastMagic on Mon Oct 20, 2003 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total

DRBagabundo
rank 15
Posted:
Mon Oct 20, 2003 9:08 am
quote : #7
if i cud record any battle i had in Shenmue, it wud be da last one wit Chai. i bussed dat niggaz ass yo, i juss str8 up countered ery move he did, stabbed dat nigga in da neck wit a dodge grabbed em, flung his crackish ass, den juss cheezed da shittouttahim wit throz
rank 3
Posted:
Sun Oct 26, 2003 4:30 pm
quote : #8
DreamcastMagic wrote:
doesn't matter now all of the online functions but view your status don't work

I just tried the Passport and the Shenmue Goodies downloadable stuff was still all functioning. Didn't have a chance to check network rankings but I presume that's down for good.

DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Sun Oct 26, 2003 5:58 pm
quote : #9
was this a Jap, Euro or US copy

aflyingcow
rank 15
Posted:
Sun Oct 26, 2003 9:45 pm
quote : #10
I heard you can download an animal on a VMU to take care of. Is this true/how is it done?

Thanks.

Hazaki
rank 3
Posted:
Mon Oct 27, 2003 4:25 am
quote : #11
DreamcastMagic wrote:
was this a Jap, Euro or US copy

It was a PAL version of Shenmue, accessed the Passport in the UK. Had a bit more time to check out what's functioning and what isn't :

Urgent Messages : Down
Shenmue World : Kind of down in that none of the character written information shows up (their biographies) but their 3D rotatable images and profiles (name, blood type, etc) do show up. 'Places' and 'Moves Scroll' do not work.
Data Review : Fully functioning
Nozomi's Messages : Down
Online Manual : Down
shenmue.com : didn't try
Network Rankings : Can get onto the rankings screen except none of the scores load so pretty much down.
Everyones Space : Weather reports, kitten information are both functioning. Shenmue Goodies which lets you download various animations of the in-game characters appears to be functioning (asks if you want to download the files) but I haven't been able to confirm if it definitely is as I don't have any VMU's with enough space on them to download the 50 block additional file at the moment. Free market where you can trade items for animals is definitely working, tried it last night and it worked fine.

Hazaki
rank 3
Posted:
Mon Oct 27, 2003 4:27 am
quote : #12
aflyingcow wrote:
I heard you can download an animal on a VMU to take care of. Is this true/how is it done?

Thanks.

You can download animations of characters but you can't download animals and take care of them Razz