Page Location: Home > Archive - General > Topic
kingofgrills
rank 33
Posted:
Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:55 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Hey, I was just scanning Ebay, and I came across this auction. It's for the UK only, but it's worth checking out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=38614&item=8135449808&rd=1

It's for the officially licensed Ferrari racing wheel controller (looks like a MOMO), and it also includes a new PAL copy of F355 Challenge. It looks pretty sweet.

How are my little crackers doing today?
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:29 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Wow that steering wheel is awsome! Was that model released outside of UK?
Posted:
Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:51 pm
quote : #3
Yep. It was licensed by Ferrari and manufactured by Thrustmaster in the US. I think it's a pretty rare item for Dreamcast - I've only seen 3 or 4 total for sale ever on Ebay. Thrustmaster seems to make really good controllers, so that's probably a well built wheel.

I think that would be a stellar piece in a Dreamcast collection, don't you? Can't you just picture playing F355 with that wheel in hand? Awesome.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:23 pm
quote : #4
You wouldn't happen to know if PS2 wheels work on the DC with a convertor would you? Man a GT3 racing wheel with F355 would be SCHWEET.
Posted:
Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:47 pm
quote : #5
cool, its still arond 6 bucks
Posted:
Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:42 am
quote : #6
Whoa, this is cool. Though it makes me regret not getting a DC steering wheel 4 years ago. Sad

qatmix
rank 5
Posted:
Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:20 am
quote : #7
The Ferrari wheel is the best wheel for the DC. The madcats range had 2. One was terrible the other was quite good. But the Ferrari wheel is easily the best.
Posted:
Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:26 am
quote : #8
Lordnikon wrote:

You wouldn't happen to know if PS2 wheels work on the DC with a convertor would you? Man a GT3 racing wheel with F355 would be SCHWEET.

Funny you should ask that, man. I have a GT Force wheel, and I've been wondering the same thing. I don' t think it's compatible though, because Logitech's GT Force wheel connects via the USB port, not the traditional PS controller port. I have a couple PS2 to DC adapters, I've forgotten which ones off the top of my head, but I'm pretty sure they don't support USB conversion. Sad

That wheel is totally killer though, so I'll pull it out tonight and check it over.

I've never tried the Thrustmaster Ferrari Wheel, but it always makes me drool whenever I see it. I have two of the Mad Catz MC2 Racing Wheels, and those are absolutely sweet and well made. They have both paddle shifters and a short-throw shifter, as well as a MOMO styled wheel and drilled racing pedals. The nicest part though is the tuning - for each game you can electronically adjust both sensitivity and turning radius, and that really helps tame games like Sega GT so their fun.

I would love to have that Ferrari wheel though. It's probably the closest I'll get to the real deal. Wink

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:24 pm
quote : #9
kingofgrills wrote:
Funny you should ask that, man. I have a GT Force wheel, and I've been wondering the same thing. I don' t think it's compatible though, because Logitech's GT Force wheel connects via the USB port, not the traditional PS controller port. I have a couple PS2 to DC adapters, I've forgotten which ones off the top of my head, but I'm pretty sure they don't support USB conversion. Sad

Man you know what, crap, your right. And i knew this to...why i didn't think to realise it when i asked this is beyond me. I guess i was just thinking...."PS2...DC?......PS2>DC adaptor!"....totally forgot that thing connects via USB.

kingofgrills wrote:
I've never tried the Thrustmaster Ferrari Wheel, but it always makes me drool whenever I see it. I have two of the Mad Catz MC2 Racing Wheels, and those are absolutely sweet and well made. They have both paddle shifters and a short-throw shifter, as well as a MOMO styled wheel and drilled racing pedals. The nicest part though is the tuning - for each game you can electronically adjust both sensitivity and turning radius, and that really helps tame games like Sega GT so their fun.

I would love to have that Ferrari wheel though. It's probably the closest I'll get to the real deal. Wink

Yea i gotta track down a good racing wheel soon. Bigtime.
Posted:
Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:31 pm
quote : #10
If you get a wheel, don't get the original Mad Catz wheel - it sucks. I would strongly suggest picking up the Mad Catz MC2 wheel. Unless you get the Ferrari wheel, that is.

A wheel can make a big difference on F355 Challenge too. (Just don't use our last bit of online F355 racing as an example. I sucked) Wink

Dreamcast â„¢
rank 39
Posted:
Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:51 pm
quote : #11
I have a Concept 4: Force Feedback wheel fron Interact. I love it. You plug it into an outlet because it has it's own force module inside of it. I also like how the VMU fits into the top of it. The steering wheel handle is entirely covered in rubber so you can grip it easier at any rotation.

Steering Wheel Picture

Dreamcast ™

MasterChief
rank 25
Posted:
Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:40 pm
quote : #12
theres an interact wheel for 20 sum bucks near me... worth it?

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
Le Spank
rank 12
Posted:
Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:27 pm
quote : #13
Hey I bought this wheel/game combo! Looks like I have 2 copies of F355 now... mmm linkup